Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
briz5x

Donte Stallworth: 4.18 - 4.26
Chad Jackson: 4.32

is there a faster tandem?
Old 03-11-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz5x View Post
Donte Stallworth: 4.18 - 4.26
Chad Jackson: 4.32

is there a faster tandem?
what! stallworth didnt run a 4.1.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know what there forty time was but I would guess Santana Moss and Randel El would be up there.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It comes down to what you are talking about -straight line, or football speed. In terms of football speed, Chad Jackson could use areas of improvement, although he is young and that potential is there.

Btw, the Dynasty, Randle El, I believe, had a 4.5ish 40 time, but what he has is excellent quickness.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
briz5x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepunch View Post
what! stallworth didnt run a 4.1.
http://www.nfl.com/ce/feature/0,3783,5241600,00.html

Sizzling Stallworth makes the rounds
By Steve Cohen
Special to NFL.com

(April 16, 2002) -- Faster than a speeding bullet; more powerful than a locomotive; able to leap ... maybe we're getting ahead of ourselves here, but as teams prepare for the NFL Draft, they'll be hard pressed to find a player who possesses the rare combination of power and speed that wide receiver Donte' Stallworth boasts.

During his Pro Day workout at the University of Tennessee, scouts were ready to hang an "S" on his chest after clocking him in the 40-yard dash.

"The Chiefs had me in at 4.18 and mostly, I think the range was 4.18 to 4.26 but I'll go ahead and take that 4.18," Stallworth told NFL.com.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

show me a link where it says stallworth ran a 4.18
Old 03-11-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

yea at a pro day...i dont believe that for a second. deon sanders cant run that fast.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

briz5x - that was at a pro day. Most teams use an adjustment factor to pro day times. Sure, they are "valid", but depending on the conditions, adjustments factors are considered. I don't remember Tennessee's workout conditions, so I can't say for certain. That being said, while digging up Randle El's 40 time (cnnsi - just googled cnnsi 2002 nfl draft, too lazy to open another window to get the link), I saw Stallworth's listed time there, which was 4.32, which would, in terms of straight line speed, still probably make Stallworth/Jackson as the fastest tandem. (btw, Randle El was listed at 4.55).
Old 03-11-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
show me a link where it says stallworth ran a 4.18

Post above. I guess if Stallworth really ran a 4.1 than him and Jackson are the fastest tandem. Damn Patriots.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...xpos&order=ASC
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profil...orth_donte.htm

^ those list Stallworth at 4.48.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
briz5x

well i mean Ginn was only gunna run at his Pro Day so his 40 time wouldnt count because it was a Pro Day?
Old 03-11-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
yea really, he magically shaved that much time of his forty lol... gimme a break if he was that fast hed be the most coveted receiver in the league. he never would have gotten traded from the saints.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz5x View Post
well i mean Ginn was only gunna run at his Pro Day so his 40 time wouldnt count because it was a Pro Day?
No one is saying it doesn't count. What I'm saying is that, most teams adjust the pro day 40 times, depending on the conditions. In some cases (although very few), the time may even be decreased if the conditions were that poor.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

4.1 is inaccurate..4.26-4.28 is more like it
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
briz5x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Stallworth measured 6-foot, 198 pounds. He had a 39-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot, 11-inch long jump did 17 strength reps. Ran once on a very fast track at Tennessee the lowest watch of five people we talked to was 4.19 and the highest was 4.28. Median was 4.24. In my opinion, his performance vaulted him into a top-10 pick.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/indivi...html#tennessee
Old 03-11-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
Post above. I guess if Stallworth really ran a 4.1 than him and Jackson are the fastest tandem. Damn Patriots.
The Patriots have everything!!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deion ran a 4.19 and supposedly D-Hall ran a 4.15 on an indoor track. Any sort of time like that is highly unlikely.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Deion ran a 4.19
The fastest time officially recorded by the NFL was 4.29 seconds by Deion Sanders in 1989 , although the NFL did not begin electronic timing until 1990.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

also throw in Caldwell who ran a "4.3" but he doesnt seem like it on the field
Old 03-11-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
CM4
Rookie

CM4 CM4 CM4

why do idiots believe these stupid handtimes.... Stallworth ran 4.3s at combine... Stallworth doesnt run 4.18, please that is a joke.
CM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think T.O. and Terry Glenn tandom would be pretty fast. I know Glenn was clocked at around 4.19, but T.O. was around a 4.6 coming out. Glenn might be able to run a 4.19 anymore, but I know TO can run a lot faster than a 4.6 now. I wonder what he ran in pads to catch Julius Jones against NO?
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes but will Chad Jackson even start. This should be the fastest starting WR's. If were doing it like that then the eagles have Bethel Johnson and had Justin Gatlin. Noone is faster then them. And Greg Lewis is fast.

But as of starters I'd say Washington has the fastest, possibly the Jets
Old 03-11-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

if Bucs get Calvin Johnson it could be them withj Galloway there too
Old 03-11-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
Yes but will Chad Jackson even start. This should be the fastest starting WR's. If were doing it like that then the eagles have Bethel Johnson and had Justin Gatlin. Noone is faster then them. And Greg Lewis is fast.

But as of starters I'd say Washington has the fastest, possibly the Jets
eagles didnt have justin gatlin..and skins no..Randel El is more quick than fast and he doesnt even start
Old 03-11-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The fastest time officially recorded by the NFL was 4.29 seconds by Deion Sanders in 1989 , although the NFL did not begin electronic timing until 1990.

Wikipedia does wonders for all.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote