Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-25-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Off to the gym for OHP day!!! It's like Christmas! I ******* love SOHP!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Off to the gym for OHP day!!! It's like Christmas! I ******* love SOHP!
What kind of weight do you do? I'm guessing Barbell as well?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
What kind of weight do you do? I'm guessing Barbell as well?
160 x 5 military

I can push press 185

Its my best lift by far tho.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love push press, its such a fun exercise.

Now when you push press do you do a staggered stance(one foot in front of the other) or are your legs parralell?
Old 03-26-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I love push press, its such a fun exercise.

Now when you push press do you do a staggered stance(one foot in front of the other) or are your legs parralell?
I do it with my legs parallel. Is there a difference in terms of benefits?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Definitely prefer to work out alone, the meditation-ish part of working out is half of why I like working out so much.

And booo tests, have to work in the afternoon twice this week. So many people >_<.

Same here. I like my own rhythm and pace when lifting. Plus no distractions, although I do like to have the TV when lifting. iPod when running.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I do it with my legs parallel. Is there a difference in terms of benefits?
IDK exactly, I have seen people do it parallel on line, but in the gym I saw people do it staggered. I do it staggered becasue in a wrestling match I am going to explode out of that position a lot more
Old 03-26-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
IDK exactly, I have seen people do it parallel on line, but in the gym I saw people do it staggered. I do it staggered becasue in a wrestling match I am going to explode out of that position a lot more
Usually parallel, but if its real heavy I will go from parallel to a staggered stance after I explode up.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could sure use a new leg routine. Any suggestions?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I could sure use a new leg routine. Any suggestions?
Different types of ATG Squats (Back, Front, Split, etc.), Lunges, Glute-Ham Raises, Sumo Deads.....Squatting is just about all you need to know tho.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Different types of ATG Squats (Back, Front, Split, etc.), Lunges, Glute-Ham Raises, Sumo Deads.....Squatting is just about all you need to know tho.
Yeah, I've been doing most of those lifts aside from Sumo deadlifts, which I would really start to like doing. I'm looking for something more detailed with sets and such.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Yeah, I've been doing most of those lifts aside from Sumo deadlifts, which I would really start to like doing. I'm looking for something more detailed with sets and such.
As with most lifts, I think 3-5 reps for around 5-8 sets is the way to go for your main exercise. For your assistance, anywhere from 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets would be fine.

*** Oh, and I wouldn't do more than 4 exercises in a day, its just too much for most people. I think a good leg breakdown is something like:

Back Squat:

3 x 8

Front Squat:

8 x 3

Lunges:

10 x 3

Glute-Ham Raise

- See how many you can do 1st, then figure something out. Some people need to add weight, other cant even do them.

Last edited by Rob S : 03-29-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Just curious, what is everyones 3 rep power clean and what is your weight as well.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:30 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I put in a midnight workout session today, felt pretty great, was pretty empty too. I've been doing 4 sets of 8 of most of my core exercises with about 5 exercises each day and it's helped me alot. Good medium between short reps(6) for power and high reps(10-12) for endurance but I still go heavy.

I've gained 20 lbs since New Years Eve, trying to see how much I can get to by December. Anyone looking into gaining weight I'd seriously suggest looking up 'Serious Mass' on google and order it online. It's cheap as hell, taste good, and I doubt there is a better weight gain supplement out there.

GNC charges you like 80 bucks for Mass Tech which last a few weeks, and this stuff last me like 6 weeks and its 25$ in a huge ass bag with 1600+ calories. Done wonders for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:21 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where you work out at LL? I work out at Lifetime in Mansfield.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
407Niner
Rookie

407Niner hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Do a lot of yall do the olympic lifts? For those who do them, is it for football or athletics in general?
Old 03-31-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
where you work out at LL? I work out at Lifetime in Mansfield.
24 Hour Fitness in Arlington, sometimes LA Fitness. Lifetime is an awesome gym, nice as hell and lots of women but damn isn't your membership like 60$ a month lol, It's just expensive I thought.

24 is cool for me, sometimes I like to go at midnight, and plus I used to work there so it made it easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407Niner View Post
Do a lot of yall do the olympic lifts? For those who do them, is it for football or athletics in general?
I just stick to power clean and the occasional jerks.....the Olympic lift are useful, but generally have a better replacement if you are training for football.....if you want to get stronger for football, the best bet is to just get stronger overall following a program that focuses on benching, squatting, deadlifting, and cleaning heavy weight.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Olympic lifts are great for explosive speed.

The Soviet union did a study and they noticed that powerlifters had a faster 5 and 10 meter dash then the olympic sprinters. And many had a better vertical.

GSP trainer said Olympic lifters are the most explosive athletes in the world.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
24 Hour Fitness in Arlington, sometimes LA Fitness. Lifetime is an awesome gym, nice as hell and lots of women but damn isn't your membership like 60$ a month lol, It's just expensive I thought.

24 is cool for me, sometimes I like to go at midnight, and plus I used to work there so it made it easier.
hah its 40 a month not too bad

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the twisted knee I mentioned a few pages back is actually a completely ruptured ACL and a torn meniscus so right now I'm pretty much in FML mode...

I have the feeling that I am going to end up with a stupidly massive upperbody over the next 12 months, you know given that I wont be able to do anything using my legs for basically 9 months...

Once again... FML!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
407Niner
Rookie

No I'm not training for football or nothing, I was just wondering why some of yall would do them. I myself stick with the three powerlifting lifts. I've also read some of the folks associated with what the soviets started, like Fred Hatfield "Dr. Squat" and Louise Simmons from Westside Barbell.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
407Niner
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
So the twisted knee I mentioned a few pages back is actually a completely ruptured ACL and a torn meniscus so right now I'm pretty much in FML mode...

I have the feeling that I am going to end up with a stupidly massive upperbody over the next 12 months, you know given that I wont be able to do anything using my legs for basically 9 months...

Once again... FML!
That blows dude. I've never had an injury like that. I'm sure even training the upper body will be rough for a while too. I don't think we realize how much our legs are involved in many of the lifts we do until something like that happens.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post

Once again... FML!
Sad to hear.

Are you going for surgery?
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:28 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sad to hear.

Are you going for surgery?
Yeah will be as soon as possible. Got a week in Bali from the 21st so will party hard on that and then buckle down to get back to it. Hoping to make it back in time to play at the Football World Championships next year so at least have something to strive towards and keep my focus.

Total Wes Welker type injury only at training. No contact or anything just went to change direction as I have done thousands of times and just bam.

Quote:
I don't think we realize how much our legs are involved in many of the lifts we do until something like that happens.
Basically will be totally stuck in seated and lying positions as no weight bearing exercises...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote