Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Can I blame him? Yes, I can blame him. Quite easily actually!
pssshhh, if people through money at me like they did him I wouldn't try if I could pull it off while still half assing everything I did and just making video game type plays on Sunadys.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well you just went from a late first / early second to a sixth round draft pick!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hard to tell for sure, Vick put up a better 40 time, so, obviously at his peak he was faster, but in pads, both are insanely fast. I'd take Vick's wiggle/agility over CJs though, much like Tackle said.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
hard to tell for sure, Vick put up a better 40 time, so, obviously at his peak he was faster, but in pads, both are insanely fast. I'd take Vick's wiggle/agility over CJs though, much like Tackle said.
err say what? come again sir?
Old 03-28-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
Didn't youknow? Vick and every VT product put up a better 40.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has very little to do with the topic, but.....

I was living in Georgia during Vick's prime, and he was the most breath taking player I've ever seen. Just dazzled in the open field with his make the man miss ability. The Michael Vick Experience was just that.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Plat
Rookie

Plat hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Better than 4.24?
Plat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Vick ran a 4.15 in the 40 @ Va. Tech, holds the school record for it still I believe, I know the only person to challenge it was Deangelo Hall at 4.17 iirc
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Vick ran a 4.15 in the 40 @ Va. Tech, holds the school record for it still I believe, I know the only person to challenge it was Deangelo Hall at 4.17 iirc
Key words, at Va Tech.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the va tech 40 yard dash is really 35 yards downhill
Old 03-29-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the internet never lies, for the record it was "supposedly" deangelo hall who ran the "4.15" (see how that made him such a great CB) and vick supposedly ran a "4.25" from what i remember doesnt really matter because both times are bogus completely unofficial times that we're recorded not from the combine or a pro day but by VT coaches in spring timing i believe, another thing i would like to add is i loved watching vick play, he is without a doubt the best athlete to ever play the qb position in the nfl ugh....
Old 03-29-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Da Big Harv
Rookie

Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VAtech did 40's with running starts I think...not kidding I think they did legit
Old 03-29-2010, 01:25 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the internet never lies, for the record it was "supposedly" deangelo hall who ran the "4.15" (see how that made him such a great CB) and vick supposedly ran a "4.25" from what i remember doesnt really matter because both times are bogus completely unofficial times that we're recorded not from the combine or a pro day but by VT coaches in spring timing i believe, another thing i would like to add is i loved watching vick play, he is without a doubt the best athlete to ever play the qb position in the nfl ugh....
DeAngelo Hall did win the 2006 NFL fastest man, beating Jerome Mathis (late 4.2) I believe. He is and was a blazer, although 4.15 is stretching it.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plat View Post
Vick was insane
Was???

I'd take Vick's overall athleticism, but CJs flat sprint speed.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson, just check video in sig

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too many people trying to be conservative and take the middle road. Chris Johnson all the way. He has elusiveness he's just smart and runs towards the end zone most of the time but he throws in some sick jukes and spins along the way when appropriate.

It showed up more with Vick in the pocket but he also took tons of sacks by spinning away from one guy right into the open arms of another.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
DeAngelo Hall did win the 2006 NFL fastest man, beating Jerome Mathis (late 4.2) I believe. He is and was a blazer, although 4.15 is stretching it.
whoa(i was raised in eastern NC and went to ecu but my mother and most of her family went to VT), VT is my 2nd favorite college football team and i am expecting big things this year, i dont think anyone is doubting hall's straight line speed he certainly has it... all i said was having all that speed didnt make him a top CB and that is a true statement, its widely known the times that are marked by the VT coaching staff are ridiculous, im not trying to doubt combine or pro day numbers(pro day numbers are not timed by vt personnel) but dont even try to tell me deangelo hall can mess with CJ its no contest and for that matter vick cant either
Old 03-29-2010, 01:56 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
whoa(i was raised in eastern NC and went to ecu but my mother and most of her family went to VT), VT is my 2nd favorite college football team and i am expecting big things this year, i dont think anyone is doubting hall's straight line speed he certainly has it... all i said was having all that speed didnt make him a top CB and that is a true statement, its widely known the times that are marked by the VT coaching staff are ridiculous, im not trying to doubt combine or pro day numbers(pro day numbers are not timed by vt personnel) but dont even try to tell me deangelo hall can mess with CJ its no contest and for that matter vick cant either
I would say Hall is a late 4.2 guy, which means he can 'mess' with CJ.

CJ is the fastest man in the league, but he's not torching anybody in the 4.2s.

Actually, I may take Heyward Bey's top end speed. On a track that is.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:58 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of the two, I'd say Hall is the one with the raw track speed to almost match CJ.
Vick was fast, probably would have run consistently in the 4.3 range if he tested at the combine, but Hall most would acknowledge was even faster.

That 4.1 whatever is shaky for Deangelo. If he really was that fast, his recovery speed would be much better and would allow him to recover for the mistakes he makes in coverage. When Hall gets beat, he rarely recovers enough to make a play on the ball.

CJ is nice, but I think Vick has better open field running skills. CJ isn't really an ankle breaker, he's a cut and go type RB IMO.

If CJ can stay healthy and the Titans become more credible in the passing game, he has a chance to put up some alltime type rushing numbers over the length of his career.

As it is, I think he's about to eclipse Adrian Peterson as the best pure rusher in the NFL.
Right now, CJ seems like a RB who could average 1500-1600yds/season for the next 6-8 years.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Plat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Was???

I'd take Vick's overall athleticism, but CJs flat sprint speed.
Obviously he would not be as fast as he was seeing that he is almost 30
Old 03-29-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ is on the small side so one big hit could sideline him for a season, but actually watching him play he avoids those types of hits better than anyone I can think of so he might have a better chance at staying healthy than AP in the long run, since AP does take lots of nasty hits.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:41 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plat View Post
Obviously he would not be as fast as he was seeing that he is almost 30
I'm going to assume that I didn't make the equivocation obvious enough there. :(

(He meant insane speed, I meant bats*** insane)
Old 03-29-2010, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Plat
Rookie

Who's "he", you mean me?