Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 03-10-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.

Thank you once again Keylime. I really appreciate all the answers. Its just high school football isn't nearly as big up here in Canada as it is down there and its a bit foggy for me.

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!
LetsGoGiants! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:03 AM    (permalink
Plat
Rookie

Plat hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The kid Braxton Miller looks good on the highlight film, but then again it is a highlight film, so is this kid a better prospect (as a QB) than Terrelle Pryor was? and was that girl punching incident ever proven to be true?
Plat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:52 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not sure yet but i like kiehl frazier even better I think

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plat View Post
The kid Braxton Miller looks good on the highlight film, but then again it is a highlight film, so is this kid a better prospect (as a QB) than Terrelle Pryor was? and was that girl punching incident ever proven to be true?
I've never heard anything of it aside from a rumor from people who supposedly go to his school.

I wouldn't compare him to Pryor. Pryor was incredibly raw as a passer coming out of highschool, but was just such a freak athlete with his size and speed that he dominated.

Braxton compares to Russel Shepard, but a much better passer then Shepard ever was. Same goes for pryor.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm still sold on Clowney being the inital #1 guy in '11.

I'm bored before class, so these are my top guys at positions in '11.

QB - LeMay
RB - Black Mamba, although I think Malcolm Brown is going to take over by season's end.
WR - Farmer
TE - Koyack
OL - Cyrus Koujidano
DE - Clowney
DT - Anthony Johnson
LB - Lawrence Thomas
CB - Doran Grant
S - Karlos Williams

Out of those guys, I think DeAnthony Thomas has the best chance to take over #1 from Clowney but would also keep an eye out for Farmer.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho@SC View Post
You guys must not know about the Black Mamba. DeAnthony Thomas from Crenshaw runs a 10.6 already as a Junior and will probably be the fastest RB from California.

Here's a highlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMbhjzAWQuA

He and Aaron Green will contend for the top spot and overall #1. SC has a good shot at both of them.

As for Miller, I like his film. He does have good running ability and has a quicker release than Pryor. I definitely need to see more film of him passing, and in better quality. It's hard to see if his passes have that much zip or accuracy to then, and his mechanics I won't judge until I see them closer.

Thomas...reggie bush esque

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.

Kiehl Frazier and Braxton Miller are going to be competing for the top Dual Threat QB. Maybe even Teddy Bridgewater but he doesn't have great arm strength. As for Pro Style I'd say that it's up for Jeff Driskel, Christian Lemay or maybe Max Wittek.

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!
LetsGoGiants! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
colfanmat14
Rookie

colfanmat14 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.colfanmat14 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here goes my first post...

For what it's worth, Scout.com recently moved Miller up to #4 overall in the class of 2011. Honestly, after viewing his film and looking up his measurables a month or so ago, I was ready to anoint him my preliminary #1 in the class. However, I think something that gets a bit lost in recruit rankings/ratings is that any analyst, whether fan or professional, is (perhaps subconsciously) at least somewhat considering pro potential. This, I believe, is only increasing as the NFL draft gets bigger and bigger.

My point: so I'm "analyzing" Miller, and he seems like a dream-QB; check-marks in every possible category except for height, and above all that arm is an absolute rocket. Thing is though, while of course arm strength is important, it really applies much more towards pro potential. Chase Daniel, for example, was a great college QB (for a year, at least) with a pop gun for an arm and average measurables across the board. Matthew Stafford, on the other hand, certainly seemed like your prototypical classic QB; a dream recruit. Yet it took 3 years for those latent skills to manifest themselves into actual production while guys like Russell Wilson of NC State and Willie Tuitama of Arizona experienced statistical success from the getgo, albeit without NFL potential.

I think this "theory" also applies to Aaron Green; people in the scouting community seem to be getting generally a bit down on him with the main knock usually being "lack of size/bulk." Again, as an NFL prospect, give me the RB-specimen Malcolm Brown, easily. But for the college game, many, many truly great RBs have been pretty tiny: Kendall Hunter, Quizz Rodgers, and especially Dexter McCluster (5'6, 170) come to mind.
colfanmat14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miller is about 6'2", but is listed as tall as 6'3" and 6'4". Nothing wrong with his height for a guy as athletic with that big of an arm. Mike Vick was only 6'0" tall and the #1 overall pick in the draft. I don't think anyone would have had a problem if he was #1 overall in the recruiting rankings. Tim Tebow wasn't a great pro prospect in terms of his skills translating to the next level, but looking back there is no question he was the #1 overall player from the 2006 recruiting class.