Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../1051/SPORTS03

Johnson '95%,' could play against Bulls

Quote:
Pistons coach Flip Saunders said Amir Johnson had his best practice with the longest amount of contact play on Wednesday since spraining his left ankle early in training camp.

I think I feel pretty good, Johnson said. I think Im about 95%. Im getting up and down the floor, my jumping is not quite back but Im able to work and work hard.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../1051/SPORTS03

Rook's recovery

Quote:
Pistons rookie Rodney Stuckey says his broken hand has almost healed to the point where he can make his NBA debut. It probably won't happen until after the team's five-game West Coast trip this month, but Pistons fans must love to hear that Stuckey will be slashing to the hoop soon.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't catch the game but I heard Samb and Amir were amazing. Both were playing great on the defensive end.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow well this thread has been dead.

But i want to talk about the pistons real quick (i know weird time with the draft and tigers season starting).

But i think it is time Joe D makes a very hard run at Izzo. Reports are swirling that everyone wants this guy and lets be real i don't see him leaving the state of Michigan. Meaning he will be at MSU next year or if we really pursued him he could be the next pistons coach.

I think this is the right time for him to come, in the past our biggest issues have been no respect for the coaches, that the coaches were too soft, and that Rip and other guys from the championship core were not responding.

Well looking at how Izzo deals with his superstars i think he is perfect for this job. He will demand respect from everyone and have no problem sitting prima donna players until they buy into the system.

So for the sake of ever rebuilding this team JoeD must rid the franchise of rip, let the new era of gordon and stuckey take over.

Hire Izzo and let him develop Stuckey into a real PG, look at past MSU teams, they always have a true PG and i trust Izzo to do this.

Get lucky in the draft process and get a top 4 pick ensuring us of either wall, turner, cousins, or favors. My favorite is Cousins so number 3 would be ideal. Yes i know turner or wall would be incredible and id take them in a heart beat but a double double center is really what this team needs so i would love to get cousins.

Next year:
C: Cousins
PF: Favors
SF: Prince
SG: Gordon
Pg: Stuckey

Bench:
Bynum, Jerebko, Daye

This is a team we could let Izzo develop and actually have a future with
Old 03-30-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

atleast the pistons know when to pack it in. the pacers went on a stupid winning streak and went from 4th pick to the 8th. the pistons are primed for a good/great pickup in the draft. wesley johnson deserves a look too just in case we move prince. i would like a quality big with cousins or favors.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
Get lucky in the draft process and get a top 4 pick ensuring us of either wall, turner, cousins, or favors. My favorite is Cousins so number 3 would be ideal. Yes i know turner or wall would be incredible and id take them in a heart beat but a double double center is really what this team needs so i would love to get cousins.

Next year:
C: Cousins
PF: Favors
SF: Prince
SG: Gordon
Pg: Stuckey

Bench:
Bynum, Jerebko, Daye

This is a team we could let Izzo develop and actually have a future with
Banking on both Favors AND Cousins in that lineup? You mean Charlie in one of those spots right?

As for Izzo staying in Michigan... I don't think its a slam dunk. People tie too much up into coaches/players "love for the area." In the long run I think everyone has their price. I don't see how Oregon (his latest rumor) is a better job than MSU so I dont think he would fly off there...unless they made promises that MSU couldn't.

And of course there is the NBA. Can anyone tell me the last college coach who had NBA success? Izzo can motivate kids, he can think through the game, and he can get a lot of out of his guys but the pros is different. You have to deal with prima donnas, attitudes, egos, guys who are playing for their next contract. Its not a slam dunk that he will be successful.

Last edited by tblain1 : 03-31-2010 at 10:57 AM.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
Banking on both Favors AND Cousins in that lineup? You mean Charlie in one of those spots right?

As for Izzo staying in Michigan... I don't think its a slam dunk. People tie too much up into coaches/players "love for the area." In the long run I think everyone has their price. I don't see how Oregon (his latest rumor) is a better job than MSU so I dont think he would fly off there...unless they made promises that MSU couldn't.

And of course there is the NBA. Can anyone tell me the last college coach who had NBA success? Izzo can motivate kids, he can think through the game, and he can get a lot of out of his guys but the pros is different. You have to deal with prima donnas, attitudes, egos, guys who are playing for their next contract. Its not a slam dunk that he will be successful.
Yes i meant villanueva in for favors.

But your point is half the reason this is the ideal time to bring Izzo in. there's little doubt he is a great coach. Yes he has always dealt with kids but the future of this team happens to be falling on kids such as stuckey, jerbko, and our pick this year.

We need to rebuild, I don't see any chance we win anything important in the next year or two. Id rather see Izzo come in and develop these kids and turn this team into a contender again. Im very confident he is going to be able to earn respect of any guy on our roster (minus rip but thats why rip needs to be shipped out becasue he's proved noone can other than LB).
Old 03-31-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Izzo is a developer of men as much as he is a coach of a great college program. I feel he has such an amazing thing going on at MSU (he could name his price & Hollis has already said he would likely pay it) why leave? The NBA flirtation has gone back years with him, I think it was rumored he was taking the Bulls job a few years back, the Pistons thing has been out there since Larry Brown left ... I just don't see it. His hard nose style of coaching/mentoring along with defense first & rebounding mentality fit at a college programs NOT the NBA. The NBA is a no defense league ... that would drive him to insanity!! He would fly the coup for another elite college gig before the NBA I feel. Most likely he is a Dean Smith, Bobby Knight or John Wooden who coaches his whole career in college basketball. Good for MSU, go Green!!

Oh yeah, I vote for Cousins too, an instant double double at the 5 ...

Larry Brown made a pretty nice transition from college to NBA. THere are very few ...
Old 04-19-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The move/moves that hurt the Pistons was last off season when you threw out massive contracts to Charlie, and Ben Gordon. Charlie is to mediocre, and there should be no reason ever to shell out 11M to a sixth man.

Now your stuck this upcoming season because you ate all your cap up in a very deep UFA class this offseason.
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is laughably one of the worst picks the Pistons could make with #7:

http://www.freep.com/article/2010052...s-Cole-Aldrich
Old 06-01-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would punch Joe Dumars 90 times in the trachea if he picked Cole Aldrich.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hope one of the bigs falls, maybe monroe, or take bledsoe, paul george, xavier henry, or hassan whiteside.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 06-01-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

we must move up or pray cousins weight gets him to fall. His attitude wont scare me if he's playing with Big Ben. Ben will hold him in line.

Also supposedly 76ers are offering up their 2 if the right deal comes along and the team is willing to take Brand.

I'd deal tay max and either 7 or possibly even a future 1st instead for #2 and brand.

Allows us to take Turner or Favors
Old 06-02-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Shaq for the MLE? hahah. Who are some MLE options?
Old 06-02-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Depends on the draft. I'd like felton and move stuckey to SG.

I'd also like Brendan Haywood as a pretty solid big man.

Darkhorse could be bringing back Amir Johnson but i doubt it.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we got #2 without giving up #7, I'd be all for going super athletic in the draft. Draft Derrick Favors #2, and then Paul George #7!

I doubt Dumars will ever give up on Rodney Stuckey.. and he'll probably get signed to some ridiculous extension in a few months. I'm hoping we can bring back Will Bynum. I don't think a half court style offense best suits Rodney Stuckey, so I'd like to see us switch to a more uptempo style.

I'd be comfortable with a nice young starting lineup, uptempo mind you, with:

PG Will Bynum
SG Rodney Stuckey
SF Paul George
PF Jonas Jerebko
C Derrick Favors

Problem is, we'd have Brand, Rip, Gordon, and Villanueva under contract for the next 50 years.. and then there's Maxiell and Austin Daye. Blah.

This would never happen, but I like to get my hopes up every once in a while.. beats just thinking about the current team we have now.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i wish they would have just tanked.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 06-03-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

im still confident rip can be moved for an expiring.

Brand we'll have to take on

and Gordon and CV still have futures and would be solid contributors IMO
Old 06-03-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
completely agree
Old 06-03-2010, 02:56 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
If only we lost that last game against Minnesota.. Down by 20 and they decided to come back and freakin win. Blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
im still confident rip can be moved for an expiring.

Brand we'll have to take on

and Gordon and CV still have futures and would be solid contributors IMO
Who wants to give up a $12 Million expiring contract? Not to mention he's 32 and that contract goes on for 3 more years. At best I could see us getting a smaller expiring contract ($4-$6 Million) and then taking another overpaid player. I'll use Toronto as an example: Jose Calderon ($9 Million in 2010, owed nearly $30 Million over the next 3 years) and Marcus Banks ($4.7 Million expiring) for Rip works out.

Random thought: Maybe New Orleans would give us James Posey and Mo Pete for Rip?

As far as Ben Gordon and Villanueva go.. meh. I don't mind Ben Gordon, but the signing was unnecessary. We signed a 6th Man to a $10 Million per year contract when we lack a difference maker at the PF and Center spots. Villanueva was just a horrible signing. He's done nothing since scoring 48 Points as a Rookie. I doubt any other team was gonna offer him anything close to what Dumars did.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
If only we lost that last game against Minnesota.. Down by 20 and they decided to come back and freakin win. Blah.

Who wants to give up a $12 Million expiring contract? Not to mention he's 32 and that contract goes on for 3 more years. At best I could see us getting a smaller expiring contract ($4-$6 Million) and then taking another overpaid player. I'll use Toronto as an example: Jose Calderon ($9 Million in 2010, owed nearly $30 Million over the next 3 years) and Marcus Banks ($4.7 Million expiring) for Rip works out.

Random thought: Maybe New Orleans would give us James Posey and Mo Pete for Rip?

As far as Ben Gordon and Villanueva go.. meh. I don't mind Ben Gordon, but the signing was unnecessary. We signed a 6th Man to a $10 Million per year contract when we lack a difference maker at the PF and Center spots. Villanueva was just a horrible signing. He's done nothing since scoring 48 Points as a Rookie. I doubt any other team was gonna offer him anything close to what Dumars did.
Totally agree. I thought at the time they were awful signings and nothing has changed my mind. Dumars spent because he had the money to spend and didnt want to go into the season a kajillion dollars under the cap when he could have bought some starters. Problem is the money wasn't well spent.

Stupid, stupid!!

He should have just saved the cash, brought the team well within budget, and spend the money when good players are available.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

even bosh and joe johnson would be nice compared to what we ended up with. i'm not even going to venture into the lebron or wade territory.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 06-03-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
even bosh and joe johnson would be nice compared to what we ended up with. i'm not even going to venture into the lebron or wade territory.
Yeah, I never thought LeBron or Wade would come here. Bosh was probably the best possibility. Boozer was most realistic. We also could've ended up with David Lee or Rudy ***.

I don't know.. maybe we could work a Sign & Trade, but I don't think anyone is dying to come here bad enough to want to work one out.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:35 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

a team that spends it entire cap on 2 superstars and still wants to add a solid shooter who would make a impact as a role player. Knicks nets heck even mavs or miami are all going to max out their cap but they'll still have to add role players. As long as wade and lebron don't end up playing together
i think someone would definitly consider taking his cap on.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the Pistons' draft. Thank you Golden State for taking Udoh instead of Monroe! Terrico White was a head-scratcher at first, but I've since warmed up to the guy. Hopefully Hamilton is traded after the first wave of free agents fall into place, IMO that's when his value will be at it's best/be anything at all.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

so, even though the Pistons sucked hard...its draft time again. Pick 9 and June 28 is fast approaching.

Brandon Knight
Rodney Stuckey
Tayshaun Prince
Maxiell/Jerebko
Greg Monroe

Ben Gordon
Nobody else really matters...

Off the board before our pick
Anthony Davis, Thomas Robinson, MKG, Bradley Beal, Andre Drummond, Harrison Barnes

Boarderline/In Our Range
Damien Lillard, Dion Waiters, John Henson, Jared Sullinger, Jeremy Lamb, Austin Rivers, Perry Jones III, Terrence Jones, Terrence Ross, others that I don't care about.

Sign me up for Damien Lillard, Austin Rivers, Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones III, Terrence Jones, and Terrence Ross.

Waiters and Rivers remind me of Stuckey as undersized penetrators, I respect Sullinger but I don't trust his skill set.

If we go big...I'd rather have Terrence Jones at PF than Perry Jones or Henson. I like Lamb and Ross at SG. Ross reminds me of Michael Redd and Lamb scares me because we already have Villanueva and Gordon from UConn and I really hate one of them...

...so, Terrence Jones vs Terrence Ross...can we trade down? Terrence Jones???

Prowler's Newb Guide