Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-31-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Delaney (BIG 10 Commish) says the tournament is "probably" going to expand sometime in the near future.

If there is any person who is close to the situation that no one should trust, it's definitely Jim Delaney. Waste.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Jim Delaney (BIG 10 Commish) says the tournament is "probably" going to expand sometime in the near future.

If there is any person who is close to the situation that no one should trust, it's definitely Jim Delaney. Waste.
I'm glad he said it cuz it won't happen cuz how long has he said the Big Teneleven would expand to 12 teams. I love the tourney the way it is, I think 96 would be too many. Plus, I would have to skip stuff two straight weeks prolly.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that 65 is the perfect number, but if they add any teams, it should be a play-in game for some 12 seeds. Like this year for instance...

Have Cornell play Mississippi State to see who gets the 12 seed or have Ole Miss play UTEP.

It should stay the way it is though. There is always going to be 2 or 3 teams that don't make it and there will be criticism.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of people saying Selby to KU...

Doron Lamb cut Zona from his list...UK and KU are thought to be the frontrunners...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I agree that 65 is the perfect number, but if they add any teams, it should be a play-in game for some 12 seeds. Like this year for instance...

Have Cornell play Mississippi State to see who gets the 12 seed or have Ole Miss play UTEP.

It should stay the way it is though. There is always going to be 2 or 3 teams that don't make it and there will be criticism.
I wish they would have just kept it a 64. The play-in game is a joke. The winner of the play-in game has ZERO chance of winning the title.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

I wish I could go to the AA game tonight cause it's at OSU...all I have to say is that prior engagement's blow

Old 03-31-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
I wish they would have just kept it a 64. The play-in game is a joke. The winner of the play-in game has ZERO chance of winning the title.

They're not doing it to entertain you, they're doing it to reward teams who played their way into the tournament by winning their conference tournament, as they should.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Cory Joseph hit like 500 threes in a row in that 3 point contest.

If they expand the tourney I'm gonna be pissed.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Umm, there's not really a recruiting bball thread, but I just thought it was interesting that there are a lot of rumblings that Josh Selby might re-commit to Tennessee in a couple of weeks. What an awesome addition to an already sick class that would be.
Selby is hard to get a read on. May visit UK this weekend and said he would play with Brandon Knight.

UK is telling recruits there may be NINE open spots, holy crap. Knight talked about UK in an interview as 'we', I'd really be surprised if he doesn't come.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I saw Cory Joseph hit like 500 threes in a row in that 3 point contest.

If they expand the tourney I'm gonna be pissed.
He's filthy, I really wonder where he ends up. Still think Texas or maybe Minny have to be the frontrunners. Apparently there's some chatter he might end up at 'Nova but I'm not sure I buy it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/G...-rate-45826330

Big East has three teams with 90% or higher graduation rates...pretty impressive for a generally strong conference. ACC's got a similar percentage of schools with Wake and Duke on there too and FSU is close. Impressive for teams to remain competitive and still graduate kids, hats off to those coaches. BYU, Utah State, Wofford, Vermont, and Lehigh are the other 5 schools who pulled that off.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU has such a good graduation rate because Leonard Hamilton is HORRIBLE at developing talent lol.

I'd imagine the SEC's is pretty bad. Georgia must have a pretty awful one.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
FSU has such a good graduation rate because Leonard Hamilton is HORRIBLE at developing talent lol.

I'd imagine the SEC's is pretty bad. Georgia must have a pretty awful one.
This is only for freshman classes between 2000 and 2003, so it's a really small sample. Probably actually wasn't difficult to calculate at all. Anyways, article says Maryland was at the bottom with an 8% graduation rate. Amazing that there were multiple schools with 10x the graduation rate that the Terps have...not like Maryland is a bad school either. Maybe just the combo of being a large public school that's pretty good academically just was too much, plus Maryland had some good players over that period. Seems like private schools have an easier time graduating their athletes from that list with schools like Wake, Duke, Lehigh, Marquette, and ND on there. BYU isn't a surprise either.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee's mens basketball graduation rate is awful. A lot of that has to do with transfers and kids getting kicked off I bet.

The women's is 100%. haha
Old 03-31-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Tennessee's mens basketball graduation rate is awful. A lot of that has to do with transfers and kids getting kicked off I bet.

The women's is 100%. haha
They let women into universities now?
Old 03-31-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have colleges in the South?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So weird to see Lavin with a job again. Its been a long time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
He's filthy, I really wonder where he ends up. Still think Texas or maybe Minny have to be the frontrunners. Apparently there's some chatter he might end up at 'Nova but I'm not sure I buy it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/G...-rate-45826330

Big East has three teams with 90% or higher graduation rates...pretty impressive for a generally strong conference. ACC's got a similar percentage of schools with Wake and Duke on there too and FSU is close. Impressive for teams to remain competitive and still graduate kids, hats off to those coaches. BYU, Utah State, Wofford, Vermont, and Lehigh are the other 5 schools who pulled that off.

I'm starting to like our chances a little better lately. Supposedly Maurice Walker is trying to talk Cory into coming here with him, that would be amazing. 3/5th's of our starting lineup would be Canadian.

I still think Texas is the favorite but I'd put our chances at around 30-35%.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Showing Bledsoe/Wall/Cousins at the McDonald's game.... Depressing :(

On the plus side I'm probably watching several future UK players right now I'm sure.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Showing Bledsoe/Wall/Cousins at the McDonald's game.... Depressing :(

On the plus side I'm probably watching several future UK players right now I'm sure.
Leslie and Knight for sure.

I hope Selby heads to Kansas, and UT doesn't have any luck closing out.

I also hear a lot of McCallum to UF talk. I also think Patric Young is stupid amounts of underrated outside of ESPN. He's lanky, ripped, and athletic as all hell. He's going to be a superstar.

UF, UT, UK are going to do big things for the conference next season.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Actually hoping Selby goes to UT (if not UK of course), UT would be really solid next year if that was the case. I'm all about strengthening the conference.

I didn't bother at all with recruiting all season since we were actually good again but now I'm just trying to catch up. UK should get a wave of commitments once players start officially putting their name in the draft.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...Smackdown-3421
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2010 NBA Draft Early Entries

James Anderson 6’6 195 SG: Oklahoma State JR.
Cole Aldrich 6’11 260 C: Kansas JR.
Craig Brackins 6’9 230 F: Iowa State JR.
Derrick Character 6’8 275 F: UTEP JR.
Malcolm Delaney 6’4 175 G: Virginia Tech JR.
Charles Garcia 6’10 225 F: Seattle JR.
Kenneth Faried 6’8 240 F: Morehead State JR.
Paul George 6’7 190 G/F: Fresno State SO.
Manny Harris 6’5 190 SG: Michigan JR.
Jeremy Hazell 6’5 185 SG: Seton Hall JR.
Dominique Jones 6’4 190 SG: South Florida JR.
Sylvan Landesberg 6’6 195 SG: Virginia SO.
Tommy Mason-Griffin 5’11 200 PG: Oklahoma FR.
Daniel Orton 6’10 240 F/C: Kentucky FR.
Herb Pope 6’8 235 F: Seton Hall SO.
Jeff Robinson 6’6 205 G/SF: Seton Hall SO.
Hassan Whiteside 7’0 235 C: Marshall FR.
Jahmar Young 6’5 190 SG: New Mexico State JR.
Al Farouq Aminu 6’8 220 SF: Wake Forest SO.

Bold are guys who I think put there names out there who should have stayed.. and a couple of the guys not bolded I haven't seen play yet.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Lol, I assumed guys like Manny Harris and Tommy Mason Griffin were just testing the waters but a lot of them have hired agents. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some of these guys are.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be really surprised if Selby doesn't commit to Kansas...He didn't name UT as a school he was considering at the McD's AA Game.

Doron Lamb and Brandon Knight seem headed to UK..

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Staying 4 years in college is a negative unfortunately in most NBA scouts eyes now a days. IMO by announcing a return for a senior season without reason your draft stock drops a half round and you really need a good senior season just to maintain where you were as a junior. The only Juniors who should return back to school are one's who had really bad seasons.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote