Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 03-31-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Additions:

TE Greg Olsen
DB Earl Thomas, Texas (#17)
DE/OLB Everson Griffen, USC (#30)
DL Alex Carrington, Arkansas State (#80)
WR Eric Decker, Minnesota (#93)
OL Jeff Byers, USC (#157)

Losses:

OT Jared Gaither
S Dawan Landry
RB Willis McGahee

Analysis

Coming into this draft, TACKLE and myself had two goals: add legitimate targets for Joe Flacco, and get younger on defense. We strongly feel that we accomplished both those goals. Getting a Pro Bowl talent in Greg Olsen for the equivalent of a 3rd round pick was huge for us, and adding Eric Decker in the 3rd as a solid possession receiver and future #2 added a little youth to our receiving core. We really feel like that those moves, along with the acquisition of Anquan Boldin earlier in the offseason, give that offense a huge boost. Combined with a rock solid running game surrounding Ray Rice and Le'Ron McClain, and for once we dont have to worry about our offense. The loss of Jared Gaither is regrettable, but really, with Oher as an in house replacement and getting Top 20 value for him, I think we will learn to live with it.

The defensive acquisitions were almost perfect for us as well. Earl Thomas is a great fit both scheme and position wise, as his ability to play both S and CB will help until Reed decides to hang up the cleats. Learning from the very best will undoubtedly help him as well. We had originally targeted Odrick at 25, but when an offer to trade down and accumulate some mid round picks presented itself, we couldnt help it. Ultimately we lost Odrick, but Everson Griffen is a great consolation prize. Hes big, fast, and can play in a 3-4 or 4-3. He would be a terror opposite Suggs and I really like the pick. The addition of Alex Carrington definitely helped ease the pain of missing out on Odrick. Carrington is a Pryce clone capable of playing inside and out, and as you can tell, versatility was a theme for us this draft.

Byers was good value and helped add depth to the interior oline which was hurt a bit with Yanda sliding out to RT.

Overall, I loved what we did and if anything similar happened in real life for the Ravens, Id be stoked. Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Ravens draft and you got a great deal on Gaither.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
MikeTheDudeV2
Rookie

MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.

2nd (#48) WR Brandon LaFell/LSU
3rd (#78) OLB Navorro Bowman/Penn State
4th (#112) DT Linval Joseph/East Carolina

What are your thoughts on Carolina's draft?
MikeTheDudeV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft
#7 - Joe Haden, CB - Florida
#34- Bruce Campbell, OT - Maryland
#71- Dominique Franks, CB - Oklahoma
#85- Riley Cooper, WR - Florida
#90- Larry Asante, SS - Nebraska
#126-George Selvie, DE - USF
#133-LeGarrette Blount, RB - Oregon
#160-Chris Scott, OG - Tennessee

Trades
Tashard Choice, RB
Justin Smiley, OG

Any comments?
Old 03-31-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought the Lions draft was really solid. Im a bit confused as to the addition of both Choice and Blunt with Smith in the fold, but I really liked what you guys did. Must of been hard passing on those DTs though.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Draft

Trades
Tashard Choice, RB
Justin Smiley, OG

Any comments?
Yeah I got a comment. You took Chris Scott one pick before you mother ******* asshole! God I hate Detroit.

But in all honesty, I really like your draft. I root for Detroit in my heart, just because I feel like you guys deserve to be good one year. And that draft might just do it for ya.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha prock when you were asking about late round guards in IRC I had to keep my mouth shut.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheDudeV2 View Post

It is solid. Bowman was a definite steal.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Ha prock when you were asking about late round guards in IRC I had to keep my mouth shut.
He was the only one I knew anything about haha. I was pissed when you took him.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

More Ravens comments :(
Quote:
Old 03-31-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
You were pleasant business partners :)

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like every pick you made except for Griffen. Physically he's right up there with anyone, but when it comes to play on the field and producing he just doesn't wow me. He has some serious potential, but I don't think he's a player who will make a big impact early in his career. Adding Decker and Olsen is huge for Flacco and when you factor in Boldin, this team provides some difficulty for opposing defenses.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Ravens off-season=B+
Old 03-31-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
The Vikings are done. Here is how it went down.

First Round: Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
Second Round: Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
Third Round: Pick traded for Dawan Landry, S
Fourth Round: Pick traded to move up to get Dan Williams
Fifth Round: Brian Jackson, CB, Oklahoma
Comp Fifth: Reggie Stephens, G, Iowa State
I really like what you did in the first couple of rounds. Dan Williams was a great pick for Minnesota and I think Colt McCoy would be a nice QB of the future there as well. Dawan Landry is only okay but I can kind of see why you took him. Sacrificing the fourth for Williams was no big deal. Nice job.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Additions:

TE Greg Olsen
DB Earl Thomas, Texas (#17)
DE/OLB Everson Griffen, USC (#30)
DL Alex Carrington, Arkansas State (#80)
WR Eric Decker, Minnesota (#93)
OL Jeff Byers, USC (#157)

Losses:

OT Jared Gaither
S Dawan Landry
RB Willis McGahee
You guys did a nice job in getting rid of Landry and McGahee value-wise, I like the Olsen trade, and your draft looks good as well. I personally might not have traded Gaither for Thomas because quality offensive tackles are harder to find than safeties but I suppose that could happen in real life as well. One of the best drafts on here IMO.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheDudeV2 View Post

Interesting draft. The Panthers don't have a first-round pick which makes your job difficult, but at least you tried to address three positions of need. Bowman might be more of a 3-4 outside linebacker though. I'm not super high on LaFell but I think he could be a nice compliment to Steve Smith in Carolina under the right circumstances.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Draft

Trades
Tashard Choice, RB
Justin Smiley, OG

Any comments?
Definitely one of the best drafts on here. Haden was a decent pick although if I was the Lions I probably would have stayed where you were. Campbell was a pretty good value based on where I thought he'd go. Cooper and Blount are nice picks as well, and I like the guys you picked up via trade. I'm glad you didn't move Jeff Backus, he played pretty well last year.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals:

1st: Eric Berry
2nd: Traded
3rd: Anthony McCoy (from Arizona for Anthony Collins)
Comp: Daniel Te`o-Nesheim
4th: Ciron Black
Comp: AJ Edds
5th: Freddie Barnes

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Looks like you did a pretty good job. Personally I think Bradford might be a better pick for them than McNabb but looking at the alternative, I would rather have Suh and McNabb than Bradford and Best.
Thanks man. That was my philosophy on the McNabb situation too. Bradford might be better in the long term, but you have about a 50/50 shot on highly drafted QBs anyway, and Bradford coming out of the spread also scares me a lot as spread QBs in the NFL typically take a lot longer to develop (Brees, Orton, Young) if they even develop at all (Alex Smith?)

So if I can get 3 good years from McNabb and Suh is everything he is supposed to be, this team could be back in contention a lot quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
New England results:

1. LB Sergio Kindle, Texas
2. OT Rodger Saffold, Indiana
2. DE Corey Wootton, Northwestern
2. WR Damian Williams, Southern California
5. TE Ed Dickson, Oregon

Trades:

Traded 4th & 7th round picks to DEN for TE Tony Scheffler
Traded LB Adalius Thomas to CLE for 5th round pick & TE Robert Royal
I liked you're draft too. It seems very "Patriots-esque" I believe. Kindle is probably the only one who offers instant help, but I could see Wooton and Williams both chipping in part time, with Saffold an eventual starter on the o-line.

Getting Scheffler was a good move too. I can't think of the last even above-average receiving threat they've had at TE. Lots of blocker first type of guys, but with Moss a year older and Welker coming back from injury, a better receiving threat at the position is a good idea to have.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Damian Williams just screams Patriot to me. Very solid selection.
Quote:
Old 03-31-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Bengals:

1st: Eric Berry
2nd: Traded
3rd: Anthony McCoy (from Arizona for Anthony Collins)
Comp: Daniel Te`o-Nesheim
4th: Ciron Black
Comp: AJ Edds
5th: Freddie Barnes
I don't think you had to move up for Eric Berry, but he's a nice addition. My favorite pick for you guys in Anthony McCoy, who I think will probably be a nice player in the NFL, even if he's not a stud. Just curious, if you had stayed at #21, how do you think your draft would have turned out based on who was available in the first and second rounds?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Acquired
Adalius Thomas
Andre Fluellen
Bryant McFadden
Malcolm Floyd

Lost
Shaun Rogers
Robert Royal

Draft Picks
1. Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
2. Kareem Jackson CB Alabama
3. Montario Hardesty RB Tennessee
5. Jeremy Williams WR Tulane

Analysis
I came into the draft with the sole intention of getting Bradford. I think he's an elite QB prospect, and with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace at QB, it is a priority. After that, it was about adding a DB and getting the best value. Kareem Jackson is a legitimate 1st round player and fits a huge need in the secondary. I also added Bryant McFadden to address the defensive backfield. Montario Hardesty offered something the Browns didn't have, a complete running back. Jerome Harrison is a scatback, Peyton Hillis is a pure power guy, and James Davis is an unknown 6th rounder. Jeremy Williams offers another body at wide receiver in a very weak unit. I was able to get rid of Shaun Rogers due to the excellent play of Ahtyba Rubin, and Malcolm Floyd actually gives Cleveland a #1 wide receiver.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Thanks man. That was my philosophy on the McNabb situation too. Bradford might be better in the long term, but you have about a 50/50 shot on highly drafted QBs anyway, and Bradford coming out of the spread also scares me a lot as spread QBs in the NFL typically take a lot longer to develop (Brees, Orton, Young) if they even develop at all (Alex Smith?)

So if I can get 3 good years from McNabb and Suh is everything he is supposed to be, this team could be back in contention a lot quicker.

I liked you're draft too. It seems very "Patriots-esque" I believe. Kindle is probably the only one who offers instant help, but I could see Wooton and Williams both chipping in part time, with Saffold an eventual starter on the o-line.

Getting Scheffler was a good move too. I can't think of the last even above-average receiving threat they've had at TE. Lots of blocker first type of guys, but with Moss a year older and Welker coming back from injury, a better receiving threat at the position is a good idea to have.
Thanks! I think Williams could probably contribute right off the bat as well with Welker probably going to start the season on PUP or at least miss a few games. He'd probably compete with Brandon Tate for playing time opposite Randy Moss, with Edelman in the slot. Wootton is definitely more of a project because he has to gain a significant amount of weight before he can join in on the defensive end rotation but he has the frame to get up to 290 or so and become a nice player there in my opinion. Saffold might play a little bit as a rookie because Stephen Neal always seems to get hurt for a few games. Ideally FlyingElvis and I envisioned Vollmer taking over for Light at LT and then Saffold playing RT, although getting a nice RG would be okay too.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post

Analysis
I came into the draft with the sole intention of getting Bradford. I think he's an elite QB prospect, and with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace at QB, it is a priority. After that, it was about adding a DB and getting the best value. Kareem Jackson is a legitimate 1st round player and fits a huge need in the secondary. I also added Bryant McFadden to address the defensive backfield. Montario Hardesty offered something the Browns didn't have, a complete running back. Jerome Harrison is a scatback, Peyton Hillis is a pure power guy, and James Davis is an unknown 6th rounder. Jeremy Williams offers another body at wide receiver in a very weak unit. I was able to get rid of Shaun Rogers due to the excellent play of Ahtyba Rubin, and Malcolm Floyd actually gives Cleveland a #1 wide receiver.
What if I didn't get McNabb and drafted Bradford?

I can tell you I definitely wouldn't have traded down...
Old 03-31-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love what Cleveland did. Got their franchise QB, and still managed a legit 1st round talent for the secondary. Got some solid deals in trades too. Nice job.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote