Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-01-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Soccer Thread

Couldn't find one, so I decided to start one. How many soccer fans are out there. Yesterday I talked to one, and I'm guessing there are more out there.

Anyways, anybody watch the Barcelona vs. Arsenal game today?

Really unfortunate injury for Fabregas, weird way to injure yourself, kicking a penalty kick. I'm guessing the collision with Puyol had something to do with it.

He thinks he's out for the rest of the season with a broken fibula. Big loss for Arsenal, he's a good player. For Spain's national team, also a significant loss, but they've got all kinds of depth, they'll probably find a replacement.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been a little buried, but http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1401

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't catch any of today's games, but I was pretty excited to see Bayern get the advantage in the last minute yesterday.

But yeah, that definitely blows if Fabregas is out. Rooney got hurt, too, but that's only a few weeks. Still, he'll miss the second leg in the quarters and possibly the game against City (which I may have more interest in than others)
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Puyol and Pique are gonna miss the next games due to a red card and multiple yellows. Gonna be tough to lose both starters.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-01-2010, 04:09 AM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watch a lot of English football. I like Arsenal, they play good football. They looked outclassed for long periods last night though, especially in the first half.

With Puyol and Pique suspended, it makes for an interesting second leg, hopefully Arsenal can hit them on the counter attack.

I didn't realise that the Fabregas injury was so serious. It looked like he hurt himself taking the penalty.

Quote:
"When I took the penalty, I was quite strong, but after when I went to get the ball, I could not walk any more," he added.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/8598122.stm

Sig by BoneKrusher
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
billsfootball15
Rookie

billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bayern Munich is ma team and I love them. I was so happy to see them pull out the late winner against Man U. Im telling you this team is dangerous, does anybody have better wing play in the world with Ribery and Robben. Now we get Gomez and Schweini back for the 2nd leg and Man U wont have Rooney :D hey supermcgee if u are a bills and bayern fan then we are a match made in heaven. lol.

its gonna be real tough for arsenal to win in Nou Camp with Fabregas (watching it live it only looked like he pulled a calf muscle or something like that).

btw, who dat nation, celtic or rangers?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
None of you will be alive to see who gets picked at #3 if the Lions don't pick Suh at #2. I'll blow up the whole world.
billsfootball15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really a Bayern fan, but I'm certainly rooting for them against United and maybe even the rest of the way if they pull it off.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsfootball15 View Post
btw, who dat nation, celtic or rangers
Neither, my Scottish team is Aberdeen

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Who Dat Nation : 04-02-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsfootball15 View Post
Bayern Munich is ma team and I love them. I was so happy to see them pull out the late winner against Man U. Im telling you this team is dangerous, does anybody have better wing play in the world with Ribery and Robben. Now we get Gomez and Schweini back for the 2nd leg and Man U wont have Rooney :D hey supermcgee if u are a bills and bayern fan then we are a match made in heaven. lol.

its gonna be real tough for arsenal to win in Nou Camp with Fabregas (watching it live it only looked like he pulled a calf muscle or something like that).

btw, who dat nation, celtic or rangers?
I'm not doing this at all to be a dick or rag on your team, but I actually think Bayern is pretty overrated.....Fiorentina outclassed them in the last round and Bayern advanced due to a horrendous gaff on the linesman's part and an absolute wonder goal by Robben. I would be pretty shocked if they advanced past a full strength United, then again, utd. without Rooney has proven to be not such a strong side, so I could see it. I just don't get the Bayern love.....especially Ribery.....he is good player no doubt, but he isnt world class imo. He had a pretty poor game for an elite talent in the first leg. He is electric on the ball, but so often did absolutely nothing with it. Is there really much of a difference between him and a guy like Jesus Navas.....not imo, yet one guy is hailed as an elite player in all of football and the other had to fight his way into his national team. Just looking at France, Malouda is playing better than him this year and its not really close.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soccer thread...todays best april fools joke

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bayern's wing play is simply to much. Ribery is a beast and is really enjoyble to watch. Im new to soccer or futbol, but this guy is simply sick. Why is EVERYONE a fan of the top name teams? Props to WDN, for choosing a middle of the pack team in Aberdeen. I my self like Hearts in Scotland.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Soccer thread...todays best april fools joke
I play soccer and watch soccer, so **** you.

But.... + rep because that was really funny lol.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I play soccer and watch soccer, so **** you.

But.... + rep because that was really funny lol.
Can you do this lol

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-02-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Liverpool fan here as some of you will know... real disappointing season for us, but if we can salvage 4th place and win the Europa League (both tall orders), it wont be quite such a colossal fail. I could rant all day about Liverpool but it's a bit late

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

I watched the Liverpool game last night, those benfica fans are crazy. They threw at least two flares on the pitch.

I think you'll beat them in the return leg.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-02-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

It amazes me how many transaction rumors surround Real Madrid.

In a week, I've heard:

- Guti is going to Dubai
- Benzema is going to Milan
- Ribery is already a Blanco, just have to wait for season to end
- Wayne Rooney is their primary target
- Raul will go to Liverpool
- Gerrard will also come to team
- They'll trade Lass Diarra and 10 million Euros for Maicon
- Higuain will go to Manchester City
- Gago will go to Manchester City
- Van der Vaart will go to Chelsea
- Sergio Ramos will go to Milan

Will all that stuff, how on earth do they manage to keep concentrated/united?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-02-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
It amazes me how many transaction rumors surround Real Madrid.

In a week, I've heard:

- Guti is going to Dubai
- Benzema is going to Milan
- Ribery is already a Blanco, just have to wait for season to end
- Wayne Rooney is their primary target
- Raul will go to Liverpool
- Gerrard will also come to team
- They'll trade Lass Diarra and 10 million Euros for Maicon
- Higuain will go to Manchester City
- Gago will go to Manchester City
- Van der Vaart will go to Chelsea
- Sergio Ramos will go to Milan

Will all that stuff, how on earth do they manage to keep concentrated/united?
These guys are pros.....transfer rumors surround every big team, you have to just suck it up and treat it as a job because thats what it is. Sure uncertainty is never good for a team's chemistry, but every team has transfer rumors swirling. Players need to just take solace in the fact that they wont be moved until after the season and unite for the common goal right now: they are paid handsomely to do so. I hate nothing more than a guy who dogs it or pouts with his current team because he knows he will be moving on or wants to move on.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Romarville
Rookie

Romarville hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
These guys are pros.....transfer rumors surround every big team, you have to just suck it up and treat it as a job because thats what it is. Sure uncertainty is never good for a team's chemistry, but every team has transfer rumors swirling. Players need to just take solace in the fact that they wont be moved until after the season and unite for the common goal right now: they are paid handsomely to do so. I hate nothing more than a guy who dogs it or pouts with his current team because he knows he will be moving on or wants to move on.
That's what comes with the territory if you play for Madrid. The pressure and media scrutiny is ridiculous. Some great players have lost years in their prime trying to make it there.

Doesn't matter to me. Visca Barca!!!
Old 04-03-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Nation View Post
I watched the Liverpool game last night, those benfica fans are crazy. They threw at least two flares on the pitch.

I think you'll beat them in the return leg.
Depends on the team selection, if he plays Lucas as a DM alongside Mascherano I can't see it though. LB is a big problem for us in that leg too, Insua suspended and Aurelio injured. I assume Agger or Carra will move to LB with Kyriakos coming into the middle...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Why is EVERYONE a fan of the top name teams? Props to WDN, for choosing a middle of the pack team in Aberdeen. I my self like Hearts in Scotland.
When I first started watching EPL, most of the matches broadcasted involved the derby matches, the Gunners, Red Devils, Reds, or Blues. Nowadays, it's the exact opposite. Today's match on TV was Portsmouth vs Blackburn. Ugh.

Even Champion's League helped the bigger teams become even more well known, as it is at a more convenient hour (around lunch in North America).
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A friend sent this to me today and found it hilarious.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Messi's pretty good at soccer
Old 04-06-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahahahahahahahahahaha wow Messi
Old 04-06-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost had 4. He is the soooooooooooooooo crafty.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Messi's pretty good at soccer
He has had an okay 1st half, I'd say.