Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:48 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Javon Offered Raiders Refund

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,231632

Quote:
"Everybody knows how Al Davis is. What people and fans don't realize is when I did sign that contract, I offered to give it back. So that's the thing people need to realize and need to hear is that I don't take money just to take it. [...] When I was in Oakland, I offered to give that money back, and they said 'no.' "
I guess thats kinda classy on his part. I still wonder what his career wouldve been like had he stayed in Green Bay.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,231632

I guess thats kinda classy on his part. I still wonder what his career wouldve been like had he stayed in Green Bay.

I wonder more so how his career would have been before he tore his knees up completely and lost all of his explosion. His 3rd season he was sitting right at 90/1400/12, who knows how long he could of maintained that level of play, but he was very impressive to me that year at least.

Still, leave it up to Al Davis to screw up a contract, dude had 1300 yards in a span on 3 years, missed a season and a half, tore his knees all the way up, yet was still paid like an elite WR.

At least he got 1 more big pay day before he was finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I offered to give it back," said Javon.

He then followed that up with, "April fools, bitchezzzz!!"

lol

I'm actually glad for Walker. He looked like he would be the poster child for all that is wrong with the franchise tag system. He should punch Brett Favre in the dick.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

This news came out when he made the offer a about two years back...I still can't believe Al Davis turned it down...
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
added/fixed.

i feel bad for walker. i thought denver had a major steal after his first year here. not sure he ever recovered mentally, and he certainly never appeared to recover physically.
Did he have another major injury after that 1st year with Denver? I can't recall, but that 1st season with them was pretty solid considering he hadn't played all year before then he never really did much after.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
This news came out when he made the offer a about two years back...I still can't believe Al Davis turned it down...
I can. Al is shrewd, but the deal was made in good faith.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should go punch brett favre right now....
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Javon Walker is one of those guys who always seemed like a pretty good guy, just got caught in a series of bad circumstances. Every interview Ive seen with him, he comes across as a nice enough guy. I mean the Darrent Williams thing really ****** him up, and it wasnt his fault Davis overpaid. This just goes to show the guy isnt really a dick. I saw an interview with him a while back that said he was trying to get back into football, and I hope he does well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Javon Walker is one of those guys who always seemed like a pretty good guy, just got caught in a series of bad circumstances. Every interview Ive seen with him, he comes across as a nice enough guy. I mean the Darrent Williams thing really ****** him up, and it wasnt his fault Davis overpaid. This just goes to show the guy isnt really a dick. I saw an interview with him a while back that said he was trying to get back into football, and I hope he does well.
He just became too selfish too quickly after short term success. I think the death of Williams humbled him a bit but unfortunately for Walker, his knee's were never the same.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like someone already said, this came out way back when. No idea why someone is reporting it again now.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Classy move on his part, but I'm pretty sure the NFLPA would have **** a duck if Davis accepted it.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not to make such a generous gesture on walker's part look any more poor..

but i can't help but look at human nature from a machiavellian standpoint and think that maybe javon's agent told him to do this..after all.. like so many have said... what type of team is going to take that money back? they'd be admitting guilt and the press would run with it and the team would suffer.

I'm sure Javon did it in kindness, but one has to wonder if it were almost a free "raise my status" card

that having been said... i doubt it.. but i will always wonder.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
added/fixed.

i feel bad for walker. i thought denver had a major steal after his first year here. not sure he ever recovered mentally, and he certainly never appeared to recover physically.
Yeah, Javon Walker was one of the best receivers in the NFL his first season in Denver. No joke, he was the entire offense before Jay took over the QB spot. He practically beat the Steelers for us. Leaving Green Bay wasn't his problem, this was:

As well as constantly getting hurt. He was a fantastic player when he was healthy, no matter where he was.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:19 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having a friend die in your arms definitely is enough to take your focus off of football. If one of my friend's died in my arms, I would be pretty ****** up for a long long time. Classy move by Javon though. No franchise is going to take money back if a player offered it though.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote