Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, expectations should be hired, but when you have to completely change schemes your 2nd year in a league, and are playing the wrong position while still adjusting to the NFL, I'm not surprised by his early last season.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
Don't kid yourselves. Chris Long is a bust. Dude went on a 16 game stretch without recording a sack and he was NUMBER 2 PICK ! That's why he got benched at one point.

I was never sold on him as prospect either. I don't care about his senior stats but he never goes 2nd overall not being a HOF'ers son.

Hooray!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Nah, Chris is a solid DE. Time will tell whether or not he can become elite. Remember that ALOT of DEs take a good 3-4 years to mature in the NFL before they start putting up 10+ sacks a season. The ones that make an impact immediately are the rare super-elite athletes (Julius Peppers, Dwight Freeney). DE, more than any other position except maybe quarterback, requires multiple years of experience before a player enters his prime.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Nah, Chris is a solid DE. Time will tell whether or not he can become elite. Remember that ALOT of DEs take a good 3-4 years to mature in the NFL before they start putting up 10+ sacks a season. The ones that make an impact immediately are the rare super-elite athletes (Julius Peppers, Dwight Freeney). DE, more than any other position except maybe quarterback, requires multiple years of experience before a player enters his prime.
Actually, Id say CB, WR, S, OL, and maybe even LB are harder positions to translate at. DE, for the most part, is rather simple in comparison to alot of other positions, especially if the player is drafted for their ability to get after the QB. Pinning your ears back and rushing is not hard in comparison to other adjustments. Like everyone, they struggle with the size and speed differences, but there are much harder positions to translate to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How dare you call me out. I am just going easy on the opposing teams so I don't command quadruple teams on every play.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Actually, Id say CB, WR, S, OL, and maybe even LB are harder positions to translate at. DE, for the most part, is rather simple in comparison to alot of other positions, especially if the player is drafted for their ability to get after the QB. Pinning your ears back and rushing is not hard in comparison to other adjustments. Like everyone, they struggle with the size and speed differences, but there are much harder positions to translate to.
LB? I think LB and RB are possibly the easiest transitions... for instance look at how many times a LB wins DPOY and a RB wins OPOY, they come in and contribute from day one.

In my opinion DE would be a rather difficult transition, they have to go up against guys bigger, stronger and more athletic than what they faced in college that can be said about every position but now they must learn more moves and adapt or risk being figured out and being useless, there is a reason Kamerion Wimbley fell off the Earth after his first season, granted he was a 3-4 OLB, however you mentioned pass rushing as fairly simple transition pinning your ears back and exploded is not something a DE or OLB does even on passing downs, that more or less reserved for punts and field goals.

I think the hardest transitions are QB, WR, CB, DE and OT.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'd trade my 1st round pick for that bust in a heartbeat.

Numbers don't tell everything.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any hope for Reggie Nelson turning it around?
Wasn't Michael Huff a big bust until last year too?

I miss the days when I could watch all the games, every week.
Fellas, don't get married. Unless she'll work on Sundays all day long.
And Monday Nights.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

And Monday Nights.
Well, according to some of the players, Reggie is always watching film and trying to get better, so at least he has the work ethic. He just honestly doesn't seem to have a killer instinct when a receiver is near him. he's way too soft. He needs to wrap up better, especially considering he's a small guy.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Look at all of the LT, CB and WRs that make an immediate impact when drafted in the first round in the past 5 years.

Then take a look at all of the DEs drafted in the first round in the past 5 years.

The position may be "simpler" in theory, but in practice, for whatever reason, it is harder for DEs to adjust to the NFL and make an immediate impact than it is for any other position except QB.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
contento
Rookie

contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

And Monday Nights.

Or, get married and don't be a puss. Friday/Sat are wifey time, Sunday is football- that's how god wants it.
contento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by contento View Post
Or, get married and don't be a puss. Friday/Sat are wifey time, Sunday is football- that's how god wants it.
Well I want Saturdays for college football too, and Monday nights for Monday Night Football, and now there are good games on Thursday nights too.
Just don't get married.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Quote:
Well I want Saturdays for college football too, and Monday nights for Monday Night Football, and now there are good games on Thursday nights too.
Just don't get married.
I second this.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just don't get married.
Tell her to make you a sandwich
Old 03-30-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
Tell her to make you a sandwich
I'd rather she just be quiet.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:12 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd rather she just be quiet.
my girlfriend knows that football is my life - Coach sunday day watch sunday night. Watch Saturday night, Monday night, Thursday night, whatever night. If she doesnt like it tough, she watches it all the same (even the draft). Lay the smackdown. also point out football is on for LESS than HALF the year.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While we're at it, how has Amobi Okoye been?
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when Nelson went for a forced fumble instead of wrapping up and making the tackle near the sidelines. The WR then burned him for a TD. It was quite funny.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
While we're at it, how has Amobi Okoye been?
Not really good at all. Then again he is only like 22 or something like that.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm extremely disappointed in Reggie Nelson. I thought he was going to be an absolute stud.

I underestimated how being a complete moron is a major problem for guys who play safety in the NFL.

You can't just be good at 1 thing (deep middle) like Reggie was and pan out in the NFL, thats the lesson I learned with Reggie Nelson.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:49 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i remembered that year i was hoping the patriots would have the chance to select reggie nelson instead of drafting meriweather. well im glad that didnt turn out to be the case.....

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
yeah i remembered that year i was hoping the patriots would have the chance to select reggie nelson instead of drafting meriweather. well im glad that didnt turn out to be the case.....
Playing in a different system for the Pats might have been the ticket. Don't underestimate how important the surroundings are for an incoming rookie. Good teams make good draft picks, not just becuase they evaluate the talent better. Alot of times the incoming situation plays a HUGE role in their developement.

Wouldn't it be interesting to know if Aaron Rodgers has this much success if he was taken #1 overall by San Fran? Would Alex Smith be a stud sitting behind Brett Favre for a cople years? Where are the Colts today if Ryan Leaf was the pick in 1998?
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
Playing in a different system for the Pats might have been the ticket. Don't underestimate how important the surroundings are for an incoming rookie. Good teams make good draft picks, not just becuase they evaluate the talent better. Alot of times the incoming situation plays a HUGE role in their developement.

Wouldn't it be interesting to know if Aaron Rodgers has this much success if he was taken #1 overall by San Fran? Would Alex Smith be a stud sitting behind Brett Favre for a cople years? Where are the Colts today if Ryan Leaf was the pick in 1998?
Not even the patriots have a cure for ********.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote