Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gocong was a much better run defender in Philly than a pass rusher, though that may have had to do with how they used him. I still expected him to play OLB though.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Tankya JBond,

If a trade like:

Raiders:
Nnamdi Asmougha CB (28 years old)
1 year left on contract

Eagles:
Donovan McNabb QB (31 years old)
due for a roster bonus and had a god awful showing against the Cowboys
4th round pick

Does this make the Brown+Gocong for Hall+4+5 make more sense?
If something like this does happen, it still wouldn't negate the fact that we basically gave away Sheldon Brown for nothing. That being said, I just don't see any variation of this trade happening at this point. The Eagles plan this offseason was clearly to shed salary and get younger. I think that's the real explanation for the Brown trade because he was an aging CB who wanted a new contract and he just didn't fit in the plans of the FO.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Tankya JBond,

If a trade like:

Raiders:
Nnamdi Asmougha CB (28 years old)
1 year left on contract

Eagles:
Donovan McNabb QB (31 years old)
due for a roster bonus and had a god awful showing against the Cowboys
4th round pick

Does this make the Brown+Gocong for Hall+4+5 make more sense?
This would be a terrible trade for the Eagles. There's no reason to get a 28 year old CB when this team clearly wants more draft picks and/or more players under 26 years old.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'll be shocked if they trade McNabb for anything less than, at least, a first round pick.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Terry Pluto says the Browns see Gocong as an ILB in their system much like David Veikune, though he can of course play outside; they like to move guys around who can rush the passer. I wonder if they plan on moving D'Qwell Jackson around or during the draft now....we have a million guys who can play ILB now - Jackson, Fujita, Bowens, Barton, Trusnik, Maiava, Veikune, and Gocong. I expect they cut Barton and trade Jackson maybe.
I keep hearing this I dont get why we would trade Jackson. He's a very solid linebacker and he's young.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson is good and would be our best ILB but he has one year before he's an UFA and we have so many ILBs now and our run defense played well without him. I guess they figure he's expendable if they can get a 3rd round pick or whatever for him.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jackson is good and would be our best ILB but he has one year before he's an UFA and we have so many ILBs now and our run defense played well without him. I guess they figure he's expendable if they can get a 3rd round pick or whatever for him.
Yuck, I wouldn't give him up for anything less than a second round pick and even then I wouldn't really like it, he's one of our few promising young players I'd like to see him remain a Brown.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they're more likely to use Jackson as part of a deal to trade up into the late first or back into the second or something like how they used Jeff Faine in a trade (ironically to move up to get Jackson).
Old 04-04-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our inside linebacker play dropped off dramatically without Jackson. The thing that changed was Shaun Rogers breaking his ankle and Athyba Rubin coming in and playing a 2-gap nose tackle position the way it was designed. Rubin should be the starter this year and if Rogers is still here, he should kick outside to end.

And they figure he's expendable? You're speculating that the FO is done with him and then running with your own speculation that they'll trade him. I certainly wouldn't rule out that possibility but nothing concrete has been set with D'Qwell Jackson, Lawrence Vickers, or Matt Roth. All of them are sitting out there with tenders and will hopefully be resigned.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Terry Pluto or Tony Grossi (can't remember who) said that the organization looks at the deal like this: They traded Kamerion Wimbley, Alex Hall, and a 4th and 5th round pick for Sheldon Brown, Chris Gocong, and a 3rd round pick. So in essence it's a 4th and 5th for a 3rd, Wimbley for Brown, and Hall for Gocong. It's a great if you look at it like that especially. Wimbley is an average 3-4 OLB who has a contract coming up and probably wasn't gonna be around any longer than Sheldon will be, the 4th and 5th for the 3rd is basically even, and the Hall for Gocong is an upgrade.