Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-05-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wanna know the sad part? She is engaged to this

Thats right, the home alone kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got done watching Cast Away. It's been a good 5 to 7 YEARS since I last saw it!!!!! A very, very good movie, but I couldn't help but think that it could have been better. I felt like they avoided the hopelessness that he encountered. They kind of just pass it over while he's on the island because it might be too depressing for the mass audience he marketed to, and they kind of use Wilson as a scapegoat. Basically, my big complaint is that it wasn't dark enough. I know it was going for a hopeful message throughout (Hanks tries to build fire, struggles mightily, but then overcomes... struggles to split coconut, struggles mightily, then eventually overcomes) and I do like how they attempt to make up for the lack of darkness while he's on the island with the Tom Hanks monologue where he explains how he attempted to kill himself and having no options, then bookending it with him out in the middle of nowhere at a crossroads... now, symbolically saying that he has options. Nice little touch and a great movie, but I think it was a little too light on the heavy stuff.

Also watched Colors. Pretty ******* awful movie with some atrocious supporting performances. Penn is... well, it's not that he was bad, he was alright, although his character is so over-the-top and so cliched that he became laughably annoying, so it was very difficult to take him seriously. With that said, it's probably the worst Sean Penn I've ever seen (He's one of my favorite actors), but I blame most of it on the writing. Duvall doesn't give much of a performance since he has a shallow character that rides the coat tails of Penn's ridiculousness. Pretty weak performance from him. A very silly movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop posting in here if you are calling Colors a bad movie and have never seen Die Hard.

APS - I knew that ****** was evil from day one...

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Stop posting in here if you are calling Colors a bad movie and have never seen Die Hard.

I warned you all. He is the spawn of Satan when it comes to movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I warned you all. He is the spawn of Satan when it comes to movies.
Which one? BB or Caulken?
The argument could be made either way.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-05-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Enlighten me. COLORS = POS
Quote:
Quote:
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Quote:
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As to Cast Away: it is the bleakest movie I can recall seeing (as in recalling the bleakness of a movie). I think they construed his hopelessness well.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
As to Cast Away: it is the bleakest movie I can recall seeing (as in recalling the bleakness of a movie). I think they construed his hopelessness well.
There wasn't a second during the movie where I thought he was going to die on that island. I got the feeling: how is going to get off the island? What I felt they should have been aiming for was: is he going to get off the island?

I didn't think it was close to bleak.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-05-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What movie did you watch? I'd like examples that show that the movie strongly hints that he will get off the island. The only possible hint is that it's a movie - movies with a complication/conflict/problem in the plot usually resolve them.

Actually, I should say that the bleakness I got wasn't from necessarily if he would get off, but also how bad it was when he was there - i.e. inventing Wilson, things he did, etc.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:

Last edited by The Unseen : 04-05-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

Quote:
What movie did you watch? I'd like examples that show that the movie strongly hints that he will get off the island. The only possible hint is that it's a movie - movies with a complication/conflict/problem in the plot usually resolve them.

Actually, I should say that the bleakness I got wasn't from necessarily if he would get off, but also how bad it was when he was there - i.e. inventing Wilson, things he did, etc.
Like I mentioned in the first post. Everything is a triumph throughout the film. The fire, the coconut, the abrupt fast forward to 4 years later where he's now spearing fish from 30 feet away, it sets the tone that he's going to survive and eventually get off. It sets that tone. There's really no depression explored in Hanks's character until he's actually off the island, but that has more to do with his love life. Wilson is his stability, his comfort, his way to deal with the loneliness, and I like it, but it's just something else that gives you that feeling that he's overcoming everything and that, eventually, he'll get off the island. I actually love the plane crash scene. It's pretty much darkness for a solid five minutes. We can barely make out the giant waves, the island and the raft. If that was Michael Bay... we would have been outside the plane, watching it spin around, blow up, Hanks' body would have been ejected, Megan Fox's tits would pop up out of nowhere... it would have been totally different, but that was the darkest moment in the film. Once it cuts away from that, Hanks is peacefully sleeping on the shore and the big, bright sun comes shinning through.

That said, not all films resolve their problems, and some films resolve them in ways never imaginable. The Mist, like I said earlier, I thought the movie pretty much sucked, but it ended in a way that I applaud since it forced characters to make radical decisions. Now that ending, that's hopelessness. Cast Away... I thought it was predictable and that it would get Tom Hanks coming back to his wife. I thought that was a foregone conclusion from the beginning. The only question there... would it be overly Hollywood and have him get back with his girl?

I really didn't want to spend this much time ripping on a great movie. If he fails, and never gets off that island... now, it's totally different movie.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BigBanger : 04-05-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Well good point about the end...I thought the end kind of solidified the bleak mood for me. I remember seeing the movie the first time and not liking the ending, but thinking about it, it fits.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-05-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Enlighten me. COLORS = POS
You said you never saw Die Hard, then criticized Bruce Willis. Therefore your opinion is baseless and I cannot take anything you say with any semblance of seriousness.
Colors was a good movie for its story and plot with solid acting.

You cannot say an actor sucks without seeing the defining movie for them.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-05-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

Quote:
You said you never saw Die Hard, then criticized Bruce Willis. Therefore your opinion is baseless and I cannot take anything you say with any semblance of seriousness.
Colors was a good movie for its story and plot with solid acting.

You cannot say an actor sucks without seeing the defining movie for them.
Colors was an awful movie for it's story and plot and terrible acting.

I also think story and plot are pretty much the same thing... so... basically you sound very stupid. And you think Willis is a good actor, which makes you sound even more ********.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-05-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Colors was an awful movie for it's story and plot and terrible acting.

I also think story and plot are pretty much the same thing... so... basically you sound very stupid. And you think Willis is a good actor, which makes you sound even more ********.

You post a horrendous list of movies, admit to never seeing Die Hard, get your panties in a wad over a joke, get pissy because someone disagrees with you and YOU want to be taken seriously?

And why do you bold movie titles? Is that supposed to make me magically think you know what you're talking about? OMFG HE BOLDED A MOVIE TITLE!!! HE KNOWS HIS ****

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-05-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What movie did you watch? I'd like examples that show that the movie strongly hints that he will get off the island.
watch the trailer, they say in it that how long he was on there and mention how he gets off. there is no mystery.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

well I never saw the trailer

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-05-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well I never saw the trailer
A lot of people, when the movie was nearing release, were critical of the studio for releasing a trailer which gave so much away.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was a bit confusing, but I enjoyed it.

"Why in pluperfect hell would you pee on a corpse?"

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-06-2010, 06:29 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:

"Why in pluperfect hell would you pee on a corpse?"
there is so much witty dialogue in that movie.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
One of those movies you have to watch more then once to catch everything.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great Doc. Fascinating look at some of the ******** they were able to pull off and just the pure doucheness of Jeffrey Skilling.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I just got done watching Cast Away. It's been a good 5 to 7 YEARS since I last saw it!!!!! A very, very good movie, but I couldn't help but think that it could have been better. I felt like they avoided the hopelessness that he encountered. They kind of just pass it over while he's on the island because it might be too depressing for the mass audience he marketed to, and they kind of use Wilson as a scapegoat. Basically, my big complaint is that it wasn't dark enough. I know it was going for a hopeful message throughout (Hanks tries to build fire, struggles mightily, but then overcomes... struggles to split coconut, struggles mightily, then eventually overcomes) and I do like how they attempt to make up for the lack of darkness while he's on the island with the Tom Hanks monologue where he explains how he attempted to kill himself and having no options, then bookending it with him out in the middle of nowhere at a crossroads... now, symbolically saying that he has options. Nice little touch and a great movie, but I think it was a little too light on the heavy stuff.

Also watched Colors. Pretty ******* awful movie with some atrocious supporting performances. Penn is... well, it's not that he was bad, he was alright, although his character is so over-the-top and so cliched that he became laughably annoying, so it was very difficult to take him seriously. With that said, it's probably the worst Sean Penn I've ever seen (He's one of my favorite actors), but I blame most of it on the writing. Duvall doesn't give much of a performance since he has a shallow character that rides the coat tails of Penn's ridiculousness. Pretty weak performance from him. A very silly movie.
I hated Cast Away.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.