Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-29-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure it was to also to get people to buy GTA 4 for 360 if they had both systems. I returned GTA 4 on PS3 to buy it on 360 once I found out about the DLC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
$20 million profit? That is pretty good, but you have to wonder if they would've made that much less if they hadn't paid $50 million for an exclusive. They paid $50M to make $70M. What if they'd paid $0M and made $40M?

There is probably more to it that we don't know about. But I doubt that without exclusivity they would've made that much less money.

Plus it just pissed me off because I bought a PS3 a long time ago specifically because I thought Sony would have exclusivity like they did on PS2.

Also, GTA 3, Vice City, and San Adreas weren't exclusive to the PS2. They came out on Xbox, just not when they were released. I think they had III and Vice City in a double pack before San Andreas came out if I recall correctly. San Andreas came out at the same time for Xbox and PS2.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 03-29-2010 at 04:26 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isnt Rockstar going PS3 exclusive with "Agent"?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Isnt Rockstar going PS3 exclusive with "Agent"?
Yeah, I believe it is. I haven't seen much about it though.

Red Dead Redemption comes out in a month, can't wait. I loved the first Red Dead game, Red Dead Revolver.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never beat Red Dead Revolver...I rented it once, thought it was pretty sweet but never got around to beating it. I'll probably rent the new one. I'm not a big ole west fan but, the game is bound to be a good one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-29-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I'm sure it was to also to get people to buy GTA 4 for 360 if they had both systems. I returned GTA 4 on PS3 to buy it on 360 once I found out about the DLC.

Also, GTA 3, Vice City, and San Adreas weren't exclusive to the PS2. They came out on Xbox, just not when they were released. I think they had III and Vice City in a double pack before San Andreas came out if I recall correctly. San Andreas came out at the same time for Xbox and PS2.
Technically, GTA3 and Vice City I believe were exclusives for PS2.

But then when 360 came out, Rockstar decided to put San Andreas out on both 360 and PS3, ending the exclusivity, and probably re-released 3 and VC for xbox.

So, before any next gen console was out, I'm almost positive that GTA3 and Vice City were only on PS2. I remember because I debated about getting 360 or PS3 when they came out, and one knock I had about getting 360 was no GTA. But then it came out that San Andreas would be on both.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

San Andreas came out on the orginal xbox and ps2. PS2 first, xbox some time later. I remember because, I had to buy it for my ps2, which I didnt really want to do, because it was on its last legs. Came out in like October for ps2 and then May or June for Xbox. I wasnt going to wait that long, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-29-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I was mistaken on that part.

Point being, GTA3 and Vice City were PS2 exclusives before San Andreas came out.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-29-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Technically, GTA3 and Vice City I believe were exclusives for PS2.

But then when 360 came out, Rockstar decided to put San Andreas out on both 360 and PS3, ending the exclusivity, and probably re-released 3 and VC for xbox.

So, before any next gen console was out, I'm almost positive that GTA3 and Vice City were only on PS2. I remember because I debated about getting 360 or PS3 when they came out, and one knock I had about getting 360 was no GTA. But then it came out that San Andreas would be on both.
No, the double pack came out Oct. 31, 2003. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/adventu...to3/index.html

San Andreas was released 2004. It was released on Xbox in 2005.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:30 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the very least GTA 3 was a PS2 exclusive. I remember that much.

Played some more Just Cause 2 last night. Still awesome.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:07 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
No, the double pack came out Oct. 31, 2003. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/adventu...to3/index.html

San Andreas was released 2004. It was released on Xbox in 2005.
Yea, I was mistaken.

Like I said, either way, 3 and VC were PS2 exclusives prior to San Andreas.

And I really feel like getting Just Cause 2. Maybe it's because GTA4 was a pretty huge disappointment and has left a gaping hole in my life.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-30-2010, 09:13 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yea, I was mistaken.

Like I said, either way, 3 and VC were PS2 exclusives prior to San Andreas.

And I really feel like getting Just Cause 2. Maybe it's because GTA4 was a pretty huge disappointment and has left a gaping hole in my life.
I liked GTA4 but it was missing the mindless fun aspect of things. They went for gritty and more realistic, and they succeeded, but I liked some of the things that they decided to leave out. I remember in GTA 3 and VC when you get into a tank or an attack chopper with missiles for the first time and you're like "Oh HELL yes!" There are no moments like that in GTA4.

JC2 definitely isn't the storyteller that GTA4 is, but the mindless action factor is through the roof.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 03-30-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:34 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I liked GTA4 but it was missing the mindless fun aspect of things. They went for gritty and more realistic, and they succeeded, but I liked some of the things that they decided to leave out. I remember in GTA 3 and VC when you get into a tank or an attack chopper with missiles for the first time and you're like "Oh HELL yes!" There are no moments like that in GTA4.

JC2 definitely isn't the storyteller that GTA4 is, but the mindless action factor is through the roof.
Exactly. I really don't play GTA to make up for my lack of crime in the real world. I play it to **** around, blow **** up, start police chases, etc. GTA4 was just really boring and the missions didn't seem like ridiculously unrealistic, which is part of the fun of previous GTAs. I had like no urge to start rampages in GTA4.

I still haven't finished GTA4. I played it for a while, then stopped after it got boring and repetitive. I started again last week, played one mission, remembered why I stopped, and haven't played since.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-30-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

GTA4 is my favorite one. I think it's the only one I beat besides GTA2. I was close to beating San Andreas then put in some demo disc which was fubared and it deleted my save info. Just messing around bored the hell out of me.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I really liked GTA4, more than I thought I would. I actually think the games can get boring pretty but, I liked the way the took the story. I'm going to play again eventually.

As for the other ones, my buddy and I always used to play one and two, which actually had a lot to do with stealing cars in the game, hence the name. I never played 3 all the way through, watched my friend play it. And then I beat the others.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-30-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you are looking at this thread, you should join the Video Game Character Draft, it's tomorrow. PM me, or http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39885

MOTH you're cheating on your 360 I am shocked.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was gonna play some duty before I went to bed, but it looks like that isn't happening because of a god damn piece of **** ******* software update. Sometimes I hate ps3s so much.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't noticed any problems with the translation. I felt most of the characters weren't that great until Chapter 9 (which is the half-way point in the storyline - but not the game).

The first chunk of the game basically is a tutorial. You don't start gaining CP (XP) until after the first major fight in the game.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:24 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's part of the fun with Snow. It's annoying at first, but grows on you a little later as he says it less.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I rented FFXIII. Didn't get to chapter 9, as it wasn't that long of a rental. It is an OK game but not worth $60. I'll probably buy it when it gets down in the $30ish range.

Also, I beat the main story missions on Just Cause 2 already. Bummer. I thought there would be more. There are still plenty of mercenary missions to do so it's still fun, but there were seriously like 5 regular story missions. If I had it to do over again I would've waited on buying it.

For some reason I can't justify buying GOW3 either. I am a huge fan of that series but I've heard it's way too short. I think I'll wait until the new Clash of the Titans movie comes out, see that, then get it.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-05-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I rented FFXIII. Didn't get to chapter 9, as it wasn't that long of a rental. It is an OK game but not worth $60. I'll probably buy it when it gets down in the $30ish range.

Also, I beat the main story missions on Just Cause 2 already. Bummer. I thought there would be more. There are still plenty of mercenary missions to do so it's still fun, but there were seriously like 5 regular story missions. If I had it to do over again I would've waited on buying it.

For some reason I can't justify buying GOW3 either. I am a huge fan of that series but I've heard it's way too short. I think I'll wait until the new Clash of the Titans movie comes out, see that, then get it.
FFXIII is mostly just backstory and learning how to play the game until after Chapter 9. And I doubt this one will drop to the ~$30 range anytime soon.

GOW3 is actually pretty long for an action-adventure game. 10-11 hours.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
all right, you bastards. i took your advice and bought ff13. i've played for like, 2 hours and all i can say is...

what. the. ****.

what is going on? who the **** are these people? when will ****ing japanese game designers learn that they need to re-write the english dialogue because the translations sound idiotic?

i'm still playing because, as here, all indications are that the game gets much better later, but it's really hard to care about what's happening and not just button mash through the cutscenes so i can get back to sprinting past bad guys who i don't want to fight because the fights are, to this point, an exercise in hitting x three times in a row until everyone is dead. i've used one potion because the stupid tutorial forced me to.

bleh. i know it gets better. but i needed to vent my frustration.
Stay the course man. Trust me. :-)
General Zod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
FFXIII is mostly just backstory and learning how to play the game until after Chapter 9. And I doubt this one will drop to the ~$30 range anytime soon.

GOW3 is actually pretty long for an action-adventure game. 10-11 hours.
I know it'll be months, but I don't mind waiting.

Heh, I didn't realize Clash of the Titans was already out. I might be buying GOW3 sooner than I think.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-06-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I am replaying God of War collection and I had forgotten how hard it is to put the controller down.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
So I am replaying God of War collection and I had forgotten how hard it is to put the controller down.
Yep. And their graphics really aren't too bad on the PS3. It's easy to sit down and play for a bit and then realize oh crap its 4am.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-06-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
**** heavy rain. seriously. ****ing worthless installer froze twice and trashed my hard drive. had to spend 3+ hours last night reformatting it and (of course) losing all of my data (because there's no way to auto-backup anything).

[/angry, pointless rant]

on the plus side, this has shown me how ridiculously easy it is to replace the HDD, so maybe i'll stuff in a 1tb at some point (once i figure out how to hack a back-up plan).
So you didnt even get to play Heavy Rain?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS