Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-06-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My PS3 and God of War 3 should be arriving from Amazon today. Woohoo! First time I've owned a video game console since XBox. Not a huge gamer, but I needed a new DVD player and thought GoW3 looked amazing soo...made the impromptu purchase on Amazon. Super excited.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
My PS3 and God of War 3 should be arriving from Amazon today. Woohoo! First time I've owned a video game console since XBox. Not a huge gamer, but I needed a new DVD player and thought GoW3 looked amazing soo...made the impromptu purchase on Amazon. Super excited.
Have you played the first 2?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha. Me being me, the thing would still be broken and I'd be on here ranting.

So what's this mean exactly? No Heavy Rain for njx at all? Because that would suck. As soon as I tackle the Orange Box, I'm going to give Heavy Rain another go around and just mess around with my decisions.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I've got videos that I'd like to play on my PS3 saved on a USB device. However, the PS3 isn't recognizing anything on the device. Do I have to put it in a specific format or am I doing something else wrong?
Old 04-15-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
So, I've got videos that I'd like to play on my PS3 saved on a USB device. However, the PS3 isn't recognizing anything on the device. Do I have to put it in a specific format or am I doing something else wrong?
Hit triangle on your device and then display all or whatever the name is. I asked that question earlier and got that answer, saved me a bunch of time.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea Triangle is like an info button and gives you options.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, I think it's Triangle and then something to the effect of "Display all devices" and everything should pop up (assuming it's in the right format/place).

Took me a while to figure out why nothing was showing up when I first got my PS3 too haha.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to do the USB drive thing but figured out how to share my Videos folder on my PC so now I just play everything over the network. It is awesome.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-16-2010, 09:34 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I used to do the USB drive thing but figured out how to share my Videos folder on my PC so now I just play everything over the network. It is awesome.
I could never stream from my computer onto my 360 or PS3 for some reason. It is for this reason that I thank the inventor of the HDMI cord, for creating a device that allows me to turn my laptop and TV into a multimedia superstation!
Old 04-16-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I could never stream from my computer onto my 360 or PS3 for some reason. It is for this reason that I thank the inventor of the HDMI cord, for creating a device that allows me to turn my laptop and TV into a multimedia superstation!
I could never get it to work on Windows XP, but since upgrading my PC (and getting Windows 7) it works great.

Your laptop setup sounds good too though. HDMI can be awesome.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-07-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

So there's a game coming out in early June called Backbreaker. It's a non-NFL football game. It's made by the people who created the physics engine that they used in GTA 4 and a few other pretty popular games. I've seen some gameplay videos and it looks promising. With the level of customization available it won't be long until people have added NFL logos and rosters and make them available for downloading. I am not thrilled with the player models but it's a promising step in the right direction. I am so tired of crappy outdated Madden.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-07-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Downloaded UFC 2010 demo. Play pretty much the same as 2009. Just a few extra nicks.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
So there's a game coming out in early June called Backbreaker. It's a non-NFL football game. It's made by the people who created the physics engine that they used in GTA 4 and a few other pretty popular games. I've seen some gameplay videos and it looks promising. With the level of customization available it won't be long until people have added NFL logos and rosters and make them available for downloading. I am not thrilled with the player models but it's a promising step in the right direction. I am so tired of crappy outdated Madden.
Ya, I'm torn on whether to get Backbreaker. I haven't bought a Madden since '05, and am definitely getting a football game this year. Backbreaker looks good, but how long will it hold my interest? Tough to tell. The main reason I play Madden is for Franchise, but Backbreaker doesn't seem to have quite the same take on that aspect.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably rent Backbreaker, I'm sure it will be subpar. The players are all Blitz esque, juicers. You have a LB body at QB throwing to a another LB type body at WR. I havent loved the gameplay videos I've seen all that much.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-07-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'll probably rent Backbreaker, I'm sure it will be subpar. The players are all Blitz esque, juicers. You have a LB body at QB throwing to a another LB type body at WR. I havent loved the gameplay videos I've seen all that much.
Maybe EA will just buy the tech and plug it into Madden 12.

It seems like by now we should have better football games than we do.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-13-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok boys, a few days ago I took my ps3 over to my friends house. And when I connected it back to my tv I did everything like before, turn the ps3 on, the light comes on but when i got to AVI on my tv it says "no signal" what am I doing wrong? Also I thought the back of the ps3 was supposed to blow cool air, I got hot air coming out of mine.

As you can probably tell, I don't know much about ps3s lol
Old 05-13-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
molenguinurtle
Rookie

molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'll probably be copping a PS3 within the next few months because of Modnation Racers. Besides downloading FF VII-IX from PSN because I never played them, I don't really have much more of an idea of what I should get. Any ideas? It should be noted I have a 360 so any cross-platform game doesn't really do me any good. I already have Bioshock, Assassin's Creed II, GTA IV, and Arkham Asylum for Microsoft's machine. I mainly am wondering what PS3 exclusives I should consider. Thank you.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone picking up Red Dead Redemption? I loved Red Dead Revolver.. I want to pre-order Redemption, but I'm not sure which I want more.. the War Horse or the Assassin Outfit.

Last edited by WMD : 05-13-2010 at 05:57 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Anyone picking up Red Dead Redemption? I loved Red Dead Revolver.. I want to pre-order Redemption, but I'm not sure which I want more.. the War Horse or the Assassin Outfit.
I just found out that an acquaintance, had class with the kid in a couple lectures/ filled in attendance for eachother etc, worked on the trailers for Red Dead Redemption. Pretty sweet I think.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
bigredballer
Rookie

bigredballer is a cocksman.bigredballer is a cocksman.bigredballer is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
ok boys, a few days ago I took my ps3 over to my friends house. And when I connected it back to my tv I did everything like before, turn the ps3 on, the light comes on but when i got to AVI on my tv it says "no signal" what am I doing wrong? Also I thought the back of the ps3 was supposed to blow cool air, I got hot air coming out of mine.

As you can probably tell, I don't know much about ps3s lol
Try this link...I had this problem when I originally got mine.

Apparently link = virus, so here is what it says:

"I ran across this problem when moving my Playstation 3 from my parents house to my house. I don't have an HD-TV(yet!!). So when I brough it over from my parents house (who have HDMI), to my TV (composite connection), the TV would just be blank.

This was because I had set the PS3 to output HDMI at my parents house, but forgotten to switch it to composite before bring it over to my house. So driving blind, I would never be able to find the menu to reset it.

By Sony had already though of this problem and there is an easy solution:

* Make sure the system is off.
* Hold down the Power Button for 5-6 seconds - until you hear the second beep.
* That's it, your video settings are reset and you should be able to choose your input and configure it from there."

Last edited by bigredballer : 05-13-2010 at 06:53 PM.
bigredballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it's an exhaust vent. if the air inside is warm, it'll exhaust warm air (otherwise, the thing would catch on fire before you got past the madden loading screen).
Whaaa...!? You mean the little vent in the back isn't an air conditioner?

Anyways, I'm seriously pondering breaking down and buying a PS3. There's a few games out there I've decided are probably worth playing and the exclusive game The Last Guardian kinda seals the Playstation over a 360.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molenguinurtle View Post
So I'll probably be copping a PS3 within the next few months because of Modnation Racers. Besides downloading FF VII-IX from PSN because I never played them, I don't really have much more of an idea of what I should get. Any ideas? It should be noted I have a 360 so any cross-platform game doesn't really do me any good. I already have Bioshock, Assassin's Creed II, GTA IV, and Arkham Asylum for Microsoft's machine. I mainly am wondering what PS3 exclusives I should consider. Thank you.
God of War III
Heavy Rain
Uncharted II
Final Fantasy XIII (not exclusive, but better for PS3) - and you're obviously a fan
Demon Souls
MLB The Show

Last Guardian does look like a winner.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredballer View Post
Try this link...I had this problem when I originally got mine.

Apparently link = virus, so here is what it says:

"I ran across this problem when moving my Playstation 3 from my parents house to my house. I don't have an HD-TV(yet!!). So when I brough it over from my parents house (who have HDMI), to my TV (composite connection), the TV would just be blank.

This was because I had set the PS3 to output HDMI at my parents house, but forgotten to switch it to composite before bring it over to my house. So driving blind, I would never be able to find the menu to reset it.

By Sony had already though of this problem and there is an easy solution:

* Make sure the system is off.
* Hold down the Power Button for 5-6 seconds - until you hear the second beep.
* That's it, your video settings are reset and you should be able to choose your input and configure it from there."
Yep. Hold down the power button on the front for awhile, and it'll reset the video settings...and all will be well again.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
God of War III
Heavy Rain
Uncharted II
Final Fantasy XIII (not exclusive, but better for PS3) - and you're obviously a fan
Demon Souls
MLB The Show

Last Guardian does look like a winner.
Great list...I'd add inFAMOUS, the original Uncharted, the God of War Collection, and the Resistance series, however. That's pretty much my list of PS3 games...I dont have many, but I have a great collection of PS3 exclusives.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-13-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just bought MAG today, I'm pretty excited!