Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

View Poll Results: Who will be the better WR in three years?
DeSean Jackson 4 44.44%
Jeremy Maclin 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ugh, I can't wait for the Cowboys to play the Eagles again, because all I hear is "did you see how Maclin destroyed Jenkins in the playoff game wozers!1!!1!!!"

Look, dude had a nice game, Jenkins bit on some underneath stuff, slipped on some trick plays involving Vick, it just wasn't a good game for him and stat wise it was amazing for Maclin. That said, nobody would like it, if we used one game where Jenkins was shut down and had a few picks in every argument as to why he was going to be a top 5 CB in the league.

I hate to use this argument(and hate when other people do it too), but that wasn't even a traditional play where Vick threw that 80 yard TD to Maclin. He started like it was a run, Jenkins ran up assuming it was, and slipped getting back, take that away and dude had like 70 yards, a solid game. It's not like it was a deep double move downfield on an obvious passing down where Maclin just shook Jenkins out of his shoes so ridiculously.

Nobody wants to bring up how Maclin was being scary at the end of the game prior and alligator arming passes all game like he had no heart though. I like Maclin alot, but it's a little annoying to see people continually bring up that game like he destroyed Jenkins knowing 80 yards came off of a Wildcat fake run. It's ok to bring it up, but how about not basing entire arguments off of it.

That said, I still have to go with Jackson at this point. Haven't seen nearly enough from Maclin to say he'll be better then Jackson. Dude is ridiculous, the amount of TD's he had over 50 yards, the way he seperates from defenders, the way he can take a short slant to the house, he's nasty and looks like he's turning into a younger version of Car Steve Smith.

Maclin I like alot and think will be good, always liked his skillset at Missouri, but it would be a blind leap of faith for me to say he'd be better then what Jackson will be.

Scary thing is, Jackson isn't even as good as he's going to get yet, and when you look at his season last year it's all the more ridiculous.

Also Maclin's stats vs Dallas the other games:

3/44/0
4/58/0

But your right Thumper, Maclin made Dallas his ***** zomgzz!!!!1!!

You have got the be the most annoying person on this earth, I'd rather listen to arguments by T-new wherever he is then to have you be a raging homer and be in denial about it.
LL I think you should understand that the NFL, like much other professional sports, is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of business. Most fans last impressions of players during that season were the last ones that they saw.

The last game I saw the Eagles play in, Maclin tore it up. Of course I am going to have high expectations for him next season. I can only think he is going to get better from his rookie year, even though it might never happen.

This also relates to some of the fans feelings towards McNabb and Sheldon Brown, because they both had a poor end of the season.

I also believe that Maclin has progressed farther in his rookie season than DeSean did. DeSean came in with a MUCH higher floor than Maclin did.

Funny thing about Mike Jenkins is that he loves to call out players that he doesnt even have to cover. I remember him talking all that trash to DeSean via twitter, but not once did I see him line up opposite DeSean.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:53 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
LL I think you should understand that the NFL, like much other professional sports, is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of business. Most fans last impressions of players during that season were the last ones that they saw.

The last game I saw the Eagles play in, Maclin tore it up. Of course I am going to have high expectations for him next season. I can only think he is going to get better from his rookie year, even though it might never happen.

This also relates to some of the fans feelings towards McNabb and Sheldon Brown, because they both had a poor end of the season.

I also believe that Maclin has progressed farther in his rookie season than DeSean did. DeSean came in with a MUCH higher floor than Maclin did.

Funny thing about Mike Jenkins is that he loves to call out players that he doesnt even have to cover. I remember him talking all that trash to DeSean via twitter, but not once did I see him line up opposite DeSean.

I'm a very huge fan of Maclin, no denying that. I just have a problem with everyone talking about "Maclin made Jenkins his ***** that game" etc etc, when that's really not the case. Maclin had 1 good play vs Dallas out of 3 games, and it came on a trick play where Vick acted as if he was going to run the ball, I don't think that's worth saying Jenkins was dominated honestly.

And Jenkins is a trash talker yea, but he's no more right then DeSean Jackson who talked trash on twitter for an entire week and followed it up with a 2 catch game or something.

I think Maclin has a very bright future, and will be very good, just disagree with the assessment on people adding in about the playoff performance.

Quote:
Crappy argument, you can't come on here and call me a homer and then go on and make crazy ass homer excuses for Mike Jenkins.
What crazy ass homer excuse did I make for Jenkins? Please, point that out for me? Because alot of times you like to talk out of your ass and make something out of nothing.

Jenkins was beat fair and square on that play, no excuses about it, but for you to act like Maclin put on some kind of clinic vs Dallas is completely false. He had ONE big play in 3 games, and we have already gone over how that play was started, great play call, but silly to give all the credit to Maclin, or act like Jenkins is some scrub for getting beat on a wildcat fake play.

You can make an argument for Maclin all you want, nobody denied he is a legit NFL WR, but to continually use that game as some sort of evidence is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Look, dude had a nice game, Jenkins bit on some underneath stuff, slipped on some trick plays involving Vick, it just wasn't a good game for him and stat wise it was amazing for Maclin. That said, nobody would like it, if we used one game where Jenkins was shut down and had a few picks in every argument as to why he was going to be a top 5 CB in the league.
There thats your homer argument, saying that Maclin's game wasn't that impressive because it was a trick play and because Jenkins bit on underneath stuff, Maclin beating Jenkins had nothing to do with the Maclin playing well, it was all Jenkins messing up and had Jenkins been on his game he would've shut down Maclin. Those are the implications of that statement.

Using your logic, Jenkins first two games weren't that impressive since Maclin dropped some balls, ran some bad routes and McNabb missed him a couple times. Jenkins had nothing to do with Maclin's lack of success, it was all Maclin's fault he didn't produce and it had nothing to do with the fact that Jenkins actually played well in those game.

See how dumb that sounds? Jenkins and Hamlin struggled with Maclin all night that game, Maclin had a good game, is that so hard for you to admit? Sure a big play came on a gadget-ish play, but what about those times where Maclin got into a shoving match with Hamlin or the time where Maclin baited Hamlin into getting an unnecessary roughness penalty, or the time where Maclin shoved Jenkins into Jason Peters. Sure those aren't receiving plays (although 2 were preceded by receptions IIRC) but it showed fight and heart and that was something only Maclin was showing for the Eagles. And he played a really good game and the secondary had a tough time with him. Jenkins did well the first two times, Maclin did well the third time, the tally total is 2-1 in favor of Jenkins.

The battles between Jenkins and Maclin are something I look forward to in the future, especially as Maclin improves because Jenkins had his way the first two games. They're both physical, confident players and I don't mean to slight Jenkins although I hate him, because he is a good player. But can you just admit that Maclin actually did have a really good game? Its not that hard to see.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Using your logic, Jenkins first two games weren't that impressive since Maclin dropped some balls, ran some bad routes and McNabb missed him a couple times. Jenkins had nothing to do with Maclin's lack of success, it was all Maclin's fault he didn't produce and it had nothing to do with the fact that Jenkins actually played well in those game.

I guess you fail to see the huge difference between trying to discredit two ENTIRE games, and one single play huh? I'm talking about one play that was a trick play, your talking about two full games of body of work.

Also Maclin dropping balls, running bad routes etc is correlated directly to Maclin, nobody else. I also didn't take credit away from Maclin for that play at all, my point was that you shouldn't be talking about Maclin destroying Jenkins when dude had one big play in 3 games vs Dallas.

What's so hard to understand about that? Everyone gets beat, I have no problems with it. But if you want to ignore the fact that the entire defense bit on Vick thinking it was a run then that's perfectly fine, but Maclin is fast as hell and was wide open in a seam route. Again if you want to hold onto that play as your saving grace that's not a problem at all, you can also keep throwing around homer arguments for Jenkins on my behalf to make yourself look better.

When DeSean Jackson scored on his numerous 50+ yd TD's this season they were legit, people knew it was a pass, and he just outran everyone trying their hardest to cover him. You saying Maclin made Jenkins his ***** is just the homer in you which is normal coming from you now and I don't expect anything less.

I don't want to start a huge argument over it in your team boards though, just wanted to address that single play surely doesn't make Jenkins his *****. Your starting to get way off topic with shoving matches, dropped balls etc, stuff I never even brought up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was that game where Vick threw that line drive to Maclin on a run fake? He faked the camera guy out too.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And Jenkins is a trash talker yea, but he's no more right then DeSean Jackson who talked trash on twitter for an entire week and followed it up with a 2 catch game or something.
I honestly don't have issues with either "trash talking." WR vs. the cornerback position is just a crazy matchup. There are going to be so many days of frustration and failure at both positions that you almost have to be cocky and even a bit arrogant to be great at those spots. Not everyone verbalizes it, but they all think like that. It was fun imo and I think the media blows it a bit out of proportion. When Jenkins responded that the Cowboys were playing Desean man-on-man, I actually laughed and liked the guy instantly.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I know is that they are both better then Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston :) Kevin Kolb should be thankful he never had those two guys as his starting WR’s or James Thrash.
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

R.I.P. Fredex wherever you are....
Old 04-07-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
R.I.P. Fredex wherever you are....
Freddie Mitchell is dead?

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:21 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, just buried in obscurity. Last I heard of him he got cut by the Philadelphia Soul haha.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Freddie Mitchell is a substitute teacher in Canada or some crazy **** like that.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote