Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
The Phils have 3 MLB catchers who are good enough. Neither Coste nor Ruiz is a great hitter, but both are acceptable. Paulino is a much better hitter, but I think his ability to work with pitchers is a little less than the other 2. Still think Paulino's stick will get him the job over Coste.
That is the main reason I assume Marson is not sticking around for now, in order for him to come up, one of these threee would have to be demoted, probably Coste, unfortunately. But the team is shaping up to be dangerous again this year, and I like it. The future is looking good...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fact remains that Marson is the future. However, the Phillies are pretty good at present. Catchers who can hit okay and who play decent D are at a premium. I expect Paulino or Coste to get traded at some point this year. Not sure exactly where they will go, but I expect it to happen. KC is a distinct possibility, for instance. The Phils will have to clear out room for Marson at some point. His mix of skills is impossible to keep down (if he is what people say he is).

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fact remains that Marson is the future. However, the Phillies are pretty good at present. Catchers who can hit okay and who play decent D are at a premium. I expect Paulino or Coste to get traded at some point this year. Not sure exactly where they will go, but I expect it to happen. KC is a distinct possibility, for instance. The Phils will have to clear out room for Marson at some point. His mix of skills is impossible to keep down (if he is what people say he is).
Agreed, honestly, with the three we have already, this move doesn't surprise me. But I do also expect to see him shortly up with the Phils every day...

Old 04-13-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Condolences on the passing of Harry Kalas.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
My Condolences on the passing of Harry Kalas.
Mine as well, I'm glad for his sake he was able to witness the World Series win, but it is sad to see him go. I was getting choked up at times during the game yesterday, and watching and listening to Wheels, I could tell he was too. He really touched a lot of people in this world and was a truly excellent human being from all accounts that I've heard. You can tell that he was loved accross the whole spectrum of people in Philadelphia, and across the country, but Philadelphia especially. All the people whose lives he touched are better off for it, no matter how little. I'm glad I was around to watch him and listen to him. I will remember Harry Kalas for as long as I live, and my best wishes go out to his family.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Dr. Greenthumb
Rookie

Dr. Greenthumb needs more cowbell.

Wow were some people really saying Burrell is better than Ibanez?
Dr. Greenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greenthumb View Post
Wow were some people really saying Burrell is better than Ibanez?
Well right now, its pretty obvious who is better. Ibanez has made some great plays in Left Field and is hitting HRs and RBIs. He seems to be fitting in with the team well, which is very important.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

OK, so the decision to not sign Burrell, and then signing Ibanez... I'd say that was a smart move...

Old 06-04-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never said that the Phils shouldn't sign Ibanez, and I didn't even push too hard to keep Burrell around. I was worried about Ibanez's age (37 now) and the length of the contract. He has proven himself worth it so far, but it's a long season. The guy should start the all star game. Amazing first half so far...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 06-04-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I never said that the Phils shouldn't sign Ibanez, and I didn't even push too hard to keep Burrell around. I was worried about Ibanez's age (37 now) and the length of the contract. He has proven himself worth it so far, but it's a long season. The guy should start the all star game. Amazing first half so far...
Never meant it like that if thats how you took it. I meant it more in a way to describe how happy I was about Ibanez's success. He has slowed down a bit, but he is still outperforming Burrell and is a better fielder. The only thing I can see where Burrell is better than him is in arm strength.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Arm strength means absolutely nothing if you don't get to the ball. Burrell was clearly the worst fielding OF in the league from 2006-2008. Ibanez alone has been a huge improvement in the field, plus his hitting has been sick. Not as many K's, and he's thriving. Obviously, he can't keep this up all year, but he'll have a ton of opportunities and will be a key for the team in 2009. My big issue is whether the deal will be worth it at the end of the contract...

Old 06-06-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Arm strength means absolutely nothing if you don't get to the ball. Burrell was clearly the worst fielding OF in the league from 2006-2008. Ibanez alone has been a huge improvement in the field, plus his hitting has been sick. Not as many K's, and he's thriving. Obviously, he can't keep this up all year, but he'll have a ton of opportunities and will be a key for the team in 2009. My big issue is whether the deal will be worth it at the end of the contract...
I agree, but when Pat did get to the ball, he had a cannon, and remember he was in contention for leading baseball in outfield assists last year. Raul fields the position better by far, but his arm just isn't as good as Pat's. It isn't bad, just average. Ibanez is a more complete player alltogether, and right now, with how he's played so far, his arm strength is on of the few flaws in his game.

I've seen Phillies jerseys with Ibanez's nuber, but instead of saying "Ibanez", they say "Raaaauuuuuuuuulll". It fills up the whole back of the jersey, and I can't see why anyone would get that over "Ibanez".

Old 06-08-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I don't care about arm strength that much. Fact is that Burrell's lack of range cost more runs than his arm saved. I'm much happier with Ibanez overall in the field. His torrid hitting is a bonus.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't care about arm strength that much. Fact is that Burrell's lack of range cost more runs than his arm saved. I'm much happier with Ibanez overall in the field. His torrid hitting is a bonus.
No doubt at all, I was just saying that one area Burrell has the advantage is in arm strength. I agree Ibanez's range is better than what we had with Burrell. It was just one of Ibanez's flaws in his game, and since we already have Victorino, who has great range and a great arm, it isn't absolutely necessary that Ibanez have it. I'm just so pumped about Ibanez right now that I'm looking for things that will help us as fans better realize what he is, because I don't think any of us expect him to keep up what he has done on offense.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Very few players are capable of an entire season like Ibanez is putting up. He has always hit well with RISP, but his BA overall is way above his career average. CB is helping his power #'s, but a lot is just he is locked in and put in favorable situations. The guy is just awesome.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

He is easily outperforming what I expected from him so far. Perhaps it is a case of him trying to impress the new fans, combined with a streak he is on, but he is beginning to slow down a bit, and perhaps we will be seeing more of what we should expect from him, in terms of batting.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

One thing I like about this team, ever since about 3 years ago, we almost always have someone hot offensively. Howard will be exploding for a while, then tail off, in which case we'll have Utley pick up the slack, and when neither of them are hitting extremely well, Rollins will pick up his game and do well. Even Vicotrino will step up, though he won't have the power of the others usually. And with Ibanez this year, he has been picking it up for most of the start of the season, with Howard still doing well. Ibanez is beginning to tail off, but Howard seems like he is primed for a hot streak right now.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Anyone lese who saw the game think Dobbs' hit in the 11th should have been a homer? Or at least reviewed...?

Old 04-08-2010, 06:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I went to the Phils/Nats game yesterday. I was sitting near the top of the Left Field foul pole, but when Howard sent that 2 run shot, it was obvious it was not your normal Howard Home Run. We were on the second row of the Third level of the stands, and the ball was about 10 feet below our level at its highest point. Then we saw it land in the second deck in almost stragith away center, and it seemed like no one near us realized just how huge that HR was. I thought maybe I imagained it, but when I got home ESPN was showing that HR was one of only two measured HRs to apex at 172 vertical feet or more (forget their exact wording), so now I feel less potentially crazy...

Old 04-08-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Howard's juicing, he's gotta be.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Howard's juicing, he's gotta be.
Until there is proof, I'm taking the stance I have with everyone, and assuming/hoping they're not.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Howard signed a 5 year, 125 mil extension, figured its worth mentioning...