Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepunch View Post
yea at a pro day...i dont believe that for a second. deon sanders cant run that fast.
Deon runs a 4.19 for breakfast
Old 03-11-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
pantherfreak

Steve Smith: 4.38 seconds
Drew Carter: 4.3 seconds
Old 03-11-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
This is probably one of the dumbest threads i've ever seen on this site... Just because a player is fast in Madden doesn't necessarily mean he's that fast in real life.
your right. but in this case..the people mentioned are actually fast in real life..
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fastest - New England

Best - Cardinals

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

i think (i dont belive what he thinks) i want to know

Deion Sanders has the record 4.1 he beat Bo Jackson in 1989

and still has the record
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Jones and Ernest Wilford.

Them's FAAAAST.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

no football player has ever officially ran in the 4.1's, those storys are just myths. The fastest official 40 time ever recorded at the combine was by Fabian Washington with a 4.25.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Many reported times are unreliable due to differences in timing methods if not intentional falsifications. The fastest time officially recorded by the NFL was 4.29 seconds by Deion Sanders in 1989, although the NFL did not begin electronic timing until 1990. In the electronic timing era, the fastest recorded time at the NFL Combine was 4.25 seconds (hand time) by cornerback Fabian Washington in 2005. However, his official time at the 2005 Combine was 4.31 seconds

so deion still has the fastest recorded time with a 4.29

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
And by the way, Brady now has NO excuses for choking anymore in the playoffs since he has a pretty good WR and TE core along with a good young RB in Maroney. How do you like that now Pats fans?? Manning had to face the "no excuses" critisizm, now Brady has to.

Colts still have better WRs than the Pats though even after these signings. Id take Marvelous Harrison and Reggie Wayne anyday.
Wow, this guy is bitter. Ha. Hey guy, your team just won the Super Bowl. Let everything else go man.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee Evans
Parish

End Thread
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Craigo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You know whats ironic?

The Cardinals might have the slowest starting WR's in the league (by 40 times). And it's still the best combo in the league by far. Seriously, who's got slower 40 times?
Boldin 4.72
Fitzgerald 4.63

Goes to show how 40 times are extremely overrated.

Thanks jkpigskin!
Craigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Im pretty sure that only Bo and Galloway are the only guys to run a 4.18.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
And by the way, Brady now has NO excuses for choking anymore in the playoffs since he has a pretty good WR and TE core along with a good young RB in Maroney. How do you like that now Pats fans?? Manning had to face the "no excuses" critisizm, now Brady has to.

Colts still have better WRs than the Pats though even after these signings. Id take Marvelous Harrison and Reggie Wayne anyday.
Im just wondering was this even necessary?or relevant?
Old 03-11-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the rams duo were pretty fast in their time

Bruce/Holt.

Williams and Furrey deserve a mention.

Seattle has about 19 Startable WR's so atleast 2 of those have to be pretty fast.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Joey Galloway and Calvin Johnson.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
geaux tigers
Veteran

geaux tigers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

any thoughts on what month chad jackson would be back?

stallworth is known for blazing it deep, not so much for chad jackson.
geaux tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Drew Carter ever starts opposite Steve Smith they will blow all competition away.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
briz5x

Quote:
Originally Posted by geaux tigers View Post
any thoughts on what month chad jackson would be back?

stallworth is known for blazing it deep, not so much for chad jackson.
well some sources say he only had a partial tear of his acl. I mean did anyone see Jackson get injured in the Colts game? If he completely tore his acl wouldnt he be sprawled on the ground holding his knee like Javon Walker or any other player that completely tore their acl? He also had surgery only 4 days after the Colts game, usually it takes 2 weeks for the swelling to go down so they can operate. I think he had a Grade II partial tear of his acl and quickly had surgery to fix it, and he will have 9 months to heal before the season. He probably will play in the last couple of preseason games and be ready to go by the start of the season. People are saying he is out for 2007 and i really dont think that will be the case.

"An elite athlete who has had a technically well performed early reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament followed by an adequate and successful rehabilitation program, should be able to return to the field of his chosen sport between six and nine months. This has been achieved in many Australian, Olympic and professional athletes.""

thats for a full tear and Jackson only had a partial tear.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:53 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepunch View Post
yea really, he magically shaved that much time of his forty lol... gimme a break if he was that fast hed be the most coveted receiver in the league. he never would have gotten traded from the saints.
since when did being good stop you from being traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
You know whats ironic?

The Cardinals might have the slowest starting WR's in the league (by 40 times). And it's still the best combo in the league by far. Seriously, who's got slower 40 times?
Boldin 4.72
Fitzgerald 4.63

Goes to show how 40 times are extremely overrated.
Best combo? That's a stretch if I ever heard one...
Old 03-12-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont see how that is a stretch, but the point is irrelevant

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Coles ran a sick 40, but is up in age now and Cotchery is really fast, we all saw that on that 80 yard catch in the playoffs. Kinda underrated.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:

Dear Manning, (and ignorant fans)
Thanks for the brilliant info you just passed on. Sorry I couldn't hack it in the playoffs...

Signed,
Tom Brady

PS: (I still have three championships, to your one ring, with half the offensive help)
Old 03-14-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
PS: (I still have three championships, to your one ring, with half the offensive help)
and 10 million times the defensive help.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
and 10 million times the defensive help.
Defense wasn't brought up by him. He said that Brady choked because of an offensive lack of talent.

Give it up Colts Fans, Manning has nothing on Brady until he matches the 3 rings that Brady has.

A player is defined by Rings, not TD records, or game preparedness.