Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-11-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I smoke pot alot sometimes, lol

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what the **** walt

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-11-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Good episode, but a bit of a letdown.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-11-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Good episode, but a bit of a letdown.
Yeah, it was a little underwhelming, although Walt attempting to break the glass was classic. Next week looks good, and I'm glad that Hank is staying in ABQ. He's becoming more and more essential to the show, which I love.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was a pretty brilliant episode. Yet again setting up what should be a ******* fascinating season. There is a reason Gus is where he is. The way he played Walt this episode was nothing short of genius. I thought the last scene was incredible. Bryan Cranston in my mind locked up another Emmy just based on that scene alone. The emotions he shows while hearing about Jane's Dad trying to off himself and them him getting thrown a huge bag of case amazed me. Really anxious to see what happens next.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Totally agree, that last scene was simply priceless.

It definitely seems that there is going to be a war/rift between Jesse and Walt in terms of supply and money, b/c Walt, one way or the other, is going to go back to cooking.

Gus is a pimp. Dude is in control of the whole scenario, yet he's barely in the show.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I thought it was a pretty brilliant episode. Yet again setting up what should be a ******* fascinating season. There is a reason Gus is where he is. The way he played Walt this episode was nothing short of genius. I thought the last scene was incredible. Bryan Cranston in my mind locked up another Emmy just based on that scene alone. The emotions he shows while hearing about Jane's Dad trying to off himself and them him getting thrown a huge bag of case amazed me. Really anxious to see what happens next.
Well, long term it will very likely prove to be a brilliant episode, but I'm just anxious to see this all unfold, hence my being slightly underwhelmed. And I agree about Gus, his seemingly omniscient oversight makes such a great character.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Well, long term it will very likely prove to be a brilliant episode, but I'm just anxious to see this all unfold, hence my being slightly underwhelmed. And I agree about Gus, his seemingly omniscient oversight makes such a great character.
Oh I understand what you mean. I wish Jessie cooking up that Meth was shown, I love those scenes. I am loving the pace of this season and I can already tell the last few eps will be explosive. I can see a Jessie/Walt rift for a while but I think by the end of the season I can see Jessie saving Walt from some sort of peril. I can't wait to see some **** go down but for right now I am enjoying the **** out of these set up episodes. Every episode so far this season has delivered at least one moment that makes me mutter 'holy ****' out loud, how many other TV shows can do that? I love Breaking Bad.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed this episode more than last week. Gus is a baller, and I'm really glad Jessie is getting back to being himself. When he is, he's one of the more fascinating characters on television.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How could yall not love the scene of Walt storming into Beneke's office?

I can see you in there! C'mon out, be a man! (throws fake potted palm into door, bounces off ...... Burly workers bounce Walter from office.)

That was Black Comedy genius! And a really pivotal scene, Walt is the tragic hero, courageous in defense of his family, Beneke is the wuss hiding in his office porking the tramp Skyler..... great Breaking Bad moment.

Another moment was Hank blowing off El Paso to pursue the new Blue Sky clues. His scene with his bureaucrat boss was classic, notice no eye contact from Hank, who's the poster boy now for OCD, completely obsessed with Heisenberg & gone waaaaay over the edge.

Saul's PI saw the symbol on the street in front of the Whites' house. I think it means the twins will be back, there will be a showdown between shaven-headed antagonists (Saul's PI vs. the Cartel's twins) over Heisenberg & his blue sky meth empire, who knows who wins.

Can't wait for next wk..... <spoilers apply> the previews showed Hank discovering the magic bus RV & Skyler accepting the huge mounds of illicit cash like unemployed Walter has, it's going to be full of BB moments.

Last edited by LizardState : 04-12-2010 at 11:12 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
How could yall not love the scene of Walt storming into Beneke's office?

I can see you in there! C'mon out, be a man! (throws fake potted palm into door, bounces off ...... Burly workers bounce Walter from office.)

That was Black Comedy genius! And a really pivotal scene, Walt is the tragic hero, courageous in defense of his family, Beneke is the wuss hiding in his office porking the tramp Skyler..... great Breaking Bad moment.

Another moment was Hank blowing off El Paso to pursue the new Blue Sky clues. His scene with his bureaucrat boss was classic, notice no eye contact from Hank, who's the poster boy now for OCD, completely obsessed with Heisenberg & gone waaaaay over the edge.

Saul's PI saw the symbol on the street in front of the Whites' house. I think it means the twins will be back, there will be a showdown between shaven-headed antagonists (Saul's PI vs. the Cartel's twins) over Heisenberg & his blue sky meth empire, who knows who wins.

Can't wait for next wk..... <spoilers apply> the previews showed Hank discovering the magic bus RV & Skyler accepting the huge mounds of illicit cash like unemployed Walter has, it's going to be full of BB moments.
Yeah, the plant scene with Walt was awesome. And honestly, Walt saying "I'm talking with Ted" in response to Skylar might have been one of the funniest parts of the series so far, at least to me. It was up there with Badger getting arrested and Jesse's "cow house" line. Just awesome.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

So apparently Bryan Cranston is going to be on the Daily Show tonight, should be fun.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally watched all the episodes on DVR. It's coming along a little slow but I actually enjoyed some of the filler, er, flashback stuff. The set up on Tortuga's trip to the back of a turtle & the seemless transition to the twins role and entry into the U.S. was good stuff.

I'm definitely enjoying the direction the show has gone so far. It's absolutely heading towards another 3 - 4 epidodes of break-neck paced, train wreck action to end this season.

Walt staring at the desk doing no teaching at all and then blankly leaning in to kiss the hottie administrator in her office was hysterical.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

that was pretty ******* great. let the war begin.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-18-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Next week's episode looks incredible. This one was great too.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Yet again brilliant ******* episode. The scene were Marie and Skylar talk about Hank as well as the whole sequence when Gus convinced Walt to start cooking again gave me chills. Both were done incredibly. I can't wait to see what happens next. I did not at all expect a Walt/Jessie war when the season started and I think it is a very interesting direction. This season has ******* delivered so far and I expected a LOT.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:01 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So much came out of this episode, I thought it was awesome. Walt and Jessie's rivalry is coming to a head, Walt signing the divorce papers, and Walts new facility is bad ass too. Can't wait for next week.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
let the war begin.
Amen to that. This Jessie/Walt thing is going to be entertaining as **** to watch.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:39 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This episode was awesome. Breaking Bad owns my soul.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
So much came out of this episode, I thought it was awesome. Walt and Jessie's rivalry is coming to a head, Walt signing the divorce papers, and Walts new facility is bad ass too. Can't wait for next week.
Quote:
Amen to that. This Jessie/Walt thing is going to be entertaining as **** to watch.
Kind of a transitional episode, with characters moving on in different directions. Great intro showing the RV backstory (Walt with his full head of hair clued us it was a flashback) that will have major implications later. Gus & hank were the major characters there, Gus' speech convincing Walt to cook in his state of the art lab was classic!

I think it's going to hit the fan bigtime next episode, the assassin twins vs. Hank when he locates the RV, Walt vs. Jesse, Saul scamming the world (but he will be the peacemaker, mark my words). Sooner or later this season there will be a brother-in-law confrontation between Walt & Hank, can't wait.....
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:51 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgive my noob-iness, but I've never seen this show.
I heard it was awesome from a couple of my buddies but my friends are mostly all burnouts/drug addicts, so I value the opinion of complete strangers on a draft website a lot more. I love Weeds, how do the 2 shows compare? Would you guys recommend me starting to watch it?
---Oh, BTW, Life was ******* amazing last night.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched yesterday's episode...

First off, I just wanna say that I think Hank is going to be a very pivotal character in what happens and falls out at the end of the season. Obviously he'll be the guy to trail Jesse and Walt, but I think his mental issues and storylines will be very essential.

Walt is back baby!!! I love how he just straight up turned the tables on Skylar, beautiful.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best episode this season. Putting it in terms you'll understand, I'm in, you're out

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Weeds has nothing on this show. Breaking Bad is one of the best shows on television. It's hard to think of one I'd put ahead of it right now.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jessie is going to get ****** by DEA soon. Walt is obviously going to have some stuff come up with him soon, there always will be, but you know hes got a 3 month lease for now while hes cooking for Gus.

I think its going to be mostly work and business for Walt for a couple episodes, but theres going to be a lot of **** going on with Jessie, Saul, Hank with a decent sized side helping of Skylar's situation "resolving itself?" I just don't think Walt will have many problems come up for him in the next couple of episodes, but stuff with Jessie that relates to Walt will get him involved somehow for the last few episodes of the season.

The last episode was definitely the best of the season.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote