Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-18-2010, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Or just go straight for "The Jungle" and be done with it ;)

---

Edit: What happened to Matt Damon, the good actor.

4 years of his career:
All the Pretty Horses
Finding Forrester
The Legend of Bagger Vance
Titan A.E.
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Dogma
Rounders
Saving Private Ryan
Good Will Hunting
The Rainmaker
Chasing Amy
Courage Under Fire

Last 4 years:
Invictus
The Informant
The Bourne Ultimatum
Oceans 13
The Departed
The Good Sheppard.

Clearly, the first list >>>>> the second list.
Um, aside from Oceans 13, all the others are solid to great films. What's your point? Quantity?
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Or just go straight for "The Jungle" and be done with it ;)

---

Edit: What happened to Matt Damon, the good actor.

4 years of his career:
All the Pretty Horses
Finding Forrester
The Legend of Bagger Vance
Titan A.E.
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Dogma
Rounders
Saving Private Ryan
Good Will Hunting
The Rainmaker
Chasing Amy
Courage Under Fire

Last 4 years:
Invictus
The Informant
The Bourne Ultimatum
Oceans 13
The Departed
The Good Sheppard.

Clearly, the first list >>>>> the second list.
I would say his best performance is in The Departed (or Good Will Hunting). He was worthy of a nomination for The Informant! and I think it's in his top 3 or 4 performances of his career. It's a really great performance and pretty damn good character.

I am one of the few people that thought The Good Shepherd was an excellent movie (One of the best of '06), and I thought he was quite good in it even though his character is as wooden and neutral as any character I've seen. And he's an amazing Jason Bourne despite The Bourne Ultimatum seeming a bit pointless, but I do have to watch it again.

Invictus got him a nomination, but I haven't seen it. That's an impressive list. The biggest difference between the two lists is the first has a lot of supporting performances while the second, he's the leading man.

If anything, he's getting better with age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What baffles me is why he took a project like Stuck on You right in between the 1st two Bourne movies and after so many other previous great performances.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Invictus was boring and Matt Damon was boring in it. Having a 5'8 actor playing a 6'4 giant probably didn't help too much though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bourne Ultimatum was the best of the trilogy. Remember when no one thought Matt Damon could be a badass? Now hes an overwhelmingly good one.

Also, Die Hard is ******* awesome. Watched it this morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Bourne Ultimatum was the best of the trilogy. Remember when no one thought Matt Damon could be a badass? Now hes an overwhelmingly good one.

It is now nearly impossible for your day to be a bad one.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Whaaaaaaat? I hated that movie, Die hards suck. I mean, I never have actually seen all of it, but I mean the parts I have seen were awful. Bruce willis is an awful actor. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched and enjoyed.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce Willis is not that bad, I mean not Seagal bad, lol.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was mocking another awful poster who comes in here on occasion making stupid, unsubstantiated comments.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1, 2, Freddy's coming for you...

Ruin it they will.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
1, 2, Freddy's coming for you...

Ruin it they will.
pretty much.
And no one should ever play Freddy but Robert Englund

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-19-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

If anyone can do it, its Jackie Earle Haley.
Quote:
Old 04-19-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
If anyone can do it, its Jackie Earle Haley.
I was hoping they would go a different story than the original, since they changed Freddy. Then it wouldnt be a terrible thing. But the way Englund played Freddy in the first one was great.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-19-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the first moves to really scare me as a kid dieing in your dreams freaked me out.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
One of the first moves to really scare me as a kid dieing in your dreams freaked me out.
It is actually based on a real story. On one of the DVD's bonus features Wes talks how he read about some place, I wanna say it was in Asia, where people where dying in there sleep and they couldnt find a cause and it was thought to be the work of demons or something like that. That story gave him the idea for Nightmare.

On one of these

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-19-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still believe that A New Nightmare was the best of them.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-19-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

That was a good one.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-19-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Um, aside from Oceans 13, all the others are solid to great films. What's your point? Quantity?
I really liked 13... 12 sucked but 13 was an okay movie.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Coming soon to theaters near you

Some spoiler alerts apply...........

The new Resident Evil is 3D, it's all over the film world now. Not even the very svelte, crystalline-blue-eyed Ludmilla Jovovich can save this one. Scintillating Sienna Guillory in the 3rd one was hotter by any standard.

There's a James Cameron Predators coming out, with an ensemble cast as condemned killers on a "game preserve" planet where they have to fight it out with the interplanetary crab-humanish hybrid Predators .... where is the ABC Wide World of Sports when you need them? Has Laurence Fishburne in it with Adrian Brody & others

Speaking of whom, he's in Splice -- it's scifi with human DNA spliced with whoknowswhat from the nonhuman kingdom, no it's not a good thing. Looked like a ripoff of the Species series though

Last edited by LizardState : 04-19-2010 at 02:47 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Giammatti was pretty damn good in Cold Souls.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Paul Giammatti was pretty damn good in Cold Souls.
I said this 20 pages ago, keep up.
Quote:
Old 04-19-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I said this 20 pages ago, keep up.
Who pays attention to you?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-19-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I still believe that A New Nightmare was the best of them.
When I was 7, I sat in front of the TV around midnight searching for Nickelodeon...Seeing a group of kids and eventually a clown, I figured it must be "Are You Afraid of the Dark."

Nope, turned out to be "It." I have never been the same since. It's not necessarily clowns I'm petrified of, but gingers with bad teeth as well.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Bug's Life = Seven Samurai with insects.