Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

View Poll Results: Who is the Vikings first round selection?
Mike Iupati OG Idaho 0 0%
Maurkice Pouncey OG/C Florida 3 25.00%
Taylor Mays S USC 1 8.33%
Devin McCourty CB Rutgers 4 33.33%
Kareem Jackson CB Alabama 4 33.33%
Sean Weatherspoon LB Missouri 0 0%
Daryl Washington LB TCU 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default With the 30th pick the Minnesota Vikings select...

Just like last year, since we are less than a week away from the draft who do ya got the Vikes taking? This isn't who you want the Vikings to take in round 1 this is a prediction of who will be the pick. If you select "Other" please specify who you think it will be in your post.

The Vikes are hoping they get lucky and somebody good falls to them such as Pouncey, Dan Williams, Mays, or Weatherspoon, but I personally don't see them being there. Since CB seems to be their #1 priority hats where I see them going provided to Value is there. Not a lot of Vikes fans have talked about Kareem Jackson, there is buzz that he will go in round 1. While I think Vikes would like McCourty I am strating to think he may go a few picks ahead of them. So I have the Vikes selecting Kareem Jackson CB Alabama.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 04-17-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked McCourtney just because I think thats how things are going to fall. And taking McCourtney with our 1st would make me happy. Iupati or Mays I be tickled with, but they will not be there. Dan Williams Id be happy with, but he wont be there either. And if Pouncey did fall to us(I dont think he will) and we took him, Id also be happy.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pick McCourty because he has seemed to be the guy we've been looking at for a while. Im at the point where there aren't going to be a lot of picks that will upset me. The only ones I can really think of would be Tebow or Best. I think it comes down to McCourty and Jackson for us. Its like which ever one is there.. is the one we will be taking.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I pick McCourty because he has seemed to be the guy we've been looking at for a while. Im at the point where there aren't going to be a lot of picks that will upset me. The only ones I can really think of would be Tebow or Best. I think it comes down to McCourty and Jackson for us. Its like which ever one is there.. is the one we will be taking.
I am the same way I will be fine with just about any player they select in the first round. The only guy that would really upset me is Jahvid Best. Aswell if they drafted one of Tebow or McCoy I wouldn't be upset, but I would be very disappointed(I don't think it's very likely though).
Old 04-18-2010, 08:35 AM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i picked pouncey because i think he is the one that will still be available, but i'm hoping for mays, weatherspoon, or Iupati
Old 04-18-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I am hoping Dan Williams or Sean Weatherspoon will fall to us(neither too likely), and if not either McCourty or Jackson will be available. But it seems to me that if any one will fall to us Taylor Mays is the most likely.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Mays. I can see him falling on draft day.

Also, I would not be surprised if we reached for Jackson or Washington in the first. And I wouldn't be disappointed at all.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, I have no clue who we'll take, I think if one of: Mays, Pouncey, Iupati, Weatherspoon, or Dan Williams are there, they'll be the pick, but I've got the feeling none of them will. So that leaves one of the CBs, Haden will definitely be gone, and it looks like Kyle Wilson will be as well, which leaves us with Jackson and McCourty, and there's also the possibility that one(would make our pick real easy) or even both are gone(such as is the case in my latest mock). In the latter case, I think the best bet is to try to trade down, but if no one's biting, I wouldn't mind seeing Colt McCoy over a reach at CB or even Washington. This is the craziest draft I can remember as far as the Vikings pick goes, but this is also the latest we've picked that I can remember(I'm 18). There are so many options and so many of those options will likely be gone.

Right now if I had to bet, I'd put my money on McCourty, but I wouldn't be throwing down a big chunk of change.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One reason why I also think that the Vikings are going to take McCourty is because he is a hell of a special teams player and I think we can all agree we need help in that. Just look up the game he had against USF. He caused a fumble on a punt and blocked a punt.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:05 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm voting for cornerback, but I don't know which one I would pick. I think McCourty is going to go higher than most people think, possibly to Philly, Houston, Green Bay or Baltimore. With the way the draft will most likely fall, it seems cornerback will be the selection, just a matter of which one.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

I think McCourty will be gone, therefore I'm thinking Kareem Jackson, although it is damn near impossible to predict the 30th overall pick. Jackson's a solid value and a good fit. I'd be thrilled with Pouncey or Dan Williams, but Jackson is one of those guys I'd be just fine with at #30.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBandit24 View Post
I think McCourty will be gone, therefore I'm thinking Kareem Jackson, although it is damn near impossible to predict the 30th overall pick. Jackson's a solid value and a good fit. I'd be thrilled with Pouncey or Dan Williams, but Jackson is one of those guys I'd be just fine with at #30.
That's where it's a bit odd, people like Kiper and Mike Mayock have Jackson over McCourty, I believe Kiper even has Jackson ahead of Wilson as his #2 CB. I think Jackson and McCourty are very close on a lot of teams boards. I definitely prefer McCourty, and I think the Vikings do too, but it seems like Jackson is held higher in GM and scouting circles than most people realize.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Kareem Jackson could be long gone by our pick. From what I have been seeing here in the past couple of days it's a tossup for CB rankings. From team to team they each have very different views on the order of the top 4 guys. Charlie Casserly even said he spoke with one team that has Kareem Jackson as the #1 CB. I just hope one of the four is available for the Vikings.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Kareem Jackson could be long gone by our pick. From what I have been seeing here in the past couple of days it's a tossup for CB rankings. From team to team they each have very different views on the order of the top 4 guys. Charlie Casserly even said he spoke with one team that has Kareem Jackson as the #1 CB. I just hope one of the four is available for the Vikings.
I agree entirely. I could very well see Jackson being gone by the mid 20s, or I could see him last a handful of picks into the 2nd round. Same thing goes for McCourty. I guess I don't really care who we get, but I prefer McCourty over Jackson, and possibly over Wilson, due to his advantage in a zone system. McCourty has played and excelled in a cover 2 system in college. I'd take Wilson in a man system anyday, but I'd have to think about it in a zone.

I also see that Scott has moved Jackson up to his #3 CB and McCourty to #4, with Cook moving up to #6 and Robinson sliding from 3 to 5.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-20-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll either take Pouncey or Tebow, but that's just me. I don't think corner is the #1 need, and I feel like we've gone BPA in the past.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I think we'll either take Pouncey or Tebow, but that's just me. I don't think corner is the #1 need, and I feel like we've gone BPA in the past.
I agree with you on the CB part and the BPA part as well, but it appears as though the team is locked in on CB if none of the top players fall and I don't really see that happening. If Pouncey is there, I think we take him, but I don't think he will be. And how dare you say that about Tebow!!!! I don't see us taking Tebow, at least not at 30, if we were to take him, we'd move down into the 2nd round. Which I would still be extremely pissed about.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-20-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look, I don't like Tebow either, but if the guy was going to succeed in the NFL, this is his best case scenario. He learns for a year (or 2) under one of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time, continues to hammer down the refined delivery, and learns the offense. He plays against a great defense in practice and there's no denying that he could command an NFL huddle and give it all.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Look, I don't like Tebow either, but if the guy was going to succeed in the NFL, this is his best case scenario. He learns for a year (or 2) under one of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time, continues to hammer down the refined delivery, and learns the offense. He plays against a great defense in practice and there's no denying that he could command an NFL huddle and give it all.
Yeah I have to admit, with all the interviews I've seen and then the Gruden Camp with him, Tebow is growing on me. Sure he is a project but you can't say that he won't work his ass off to become the best player can possible can. Also Colt McCoy is even growing on me. I think he could be a very good pro in the league. No matter what though, If we take a QB at 30, He wont be starting till a year or two from now and I'm pretty sure history shows sitting helps the rookie QB. I'm really interested how the draft falls. Should be fun and interesting though for us.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

I don't want McCoy. Our offense was elite last season because we threw the ball down the field, a lot, at least keeping teams honest and opening up our intermediate and short targets. It also helped our run game, when we decided to block someone. I don't think McCoy is even on our board because of this. Childress clearly values arm strength as an important, core attribute of a quarterback.