Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2010, 03:18 AM    (permalink
pr0d1gy
Rookie

pr0d1gy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default If we pass on a top 10 talent for a 3-4 OLB...

how will you feel?

Personally, Graham and Kindle are obviously 3-4 OLB types and only Morgan is a 4-3 DE of the top pass rushers in this draft. If the draft goes down like Scott has it, we would pass on Earl Thomas for Graham. I've had us taking Spoon since before this past NCAA season, but I could not pass on a top 10 player if he fell to our pick.

What are the top 10 players, you ask. Here you go:

1) Clausen - most pro ready and proven tough.
2) Gerald McCoy - extremely dangerous 3 technique DT that can also hold the point of attack.
3) Okung - been the #1 LT prospect in this draft since last year & did nothing to hurt his stock.
4) McClain - the best MLB prospect since Urlacher, this guy is huge and can cover some ground....did I mention he is HUGE?
5) Eric Berry - would be higher if he wasn't a Safety, but if you took position importance/impact out of the equation he is the best player in this draft class. He has been a standout for a weak Tenn program since his Freshman year in the SEC, enough said.
6) Dez Bryant - character issues drop him about 3 or 4 spots on my list, but he has big time playmaking skills. Very similar to Boldin, which could be very ironic.
7) Sam Bradford - his lack of ideal mobility and playing in a super talented Okla program will set him back initially in the NFL, but he has the tools and the mindset to be very good.
8) Mike Lupati - if you believe the reports this guy is Steve Hutchinson good, and Sean Alexander will tell you that dude is worth a top 10 pick.
9) Earl Thomas - the only reason he ranks so far below Berry is he didn't play in the SEC so you have to question how physical he is. In my humble opinion he and Berry could be the first pair of first round Safeties from the same draft to go to the Pro Bowl in awhile, if ever....not sure if it's happened before.
10) Jermaine Gresham - how this guy has dropped so much is beyond me. He is the prototypical TE and should have a long & productive career for any team who takes him.

I gotta get some sleep, can't wait for the draft though. Go TD, we believe in you man!!!!!
pr0d1gy is offline   Reply With Quote