Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 04-21-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kindle->Morgan->JPP at 12. I'd be really disappointed with Spiller or Williams. I think we get a pass rusher and a NT within the first 3 rounds, a FS too if we manage to trade down. Kindle/Cam Thomas, maybe Hughes/Burnett/Thomas if we get lucky. Definitely want to see a lot of defense. Wouldn't be shocked to see Ronnie be moved, don't want to go RB that early though, I'd be down for Gerhart though, if not just go with Ricky/Hilliard next year. Lot of different scenarios could play out the next few days, can't wait to see what happens.

And hi btw 4U2NV!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Kindle->Morgan->JPP at 12. I'd be really disappointed with Spiller or Williams. I think we get a pass rusher and a NT within the first 3 rounds, a FS too if we manage to trade down. Kindle/Cam Thomas, maybe Hughes/Burnett/Thomas if we get lucky. Definitely want to see a lot of defense. Wouldn't be shocked to see Ronnie be moved, don't want to go RB that early though, I'd be down for Gerhart though, if not just go with Ricky/Hilliard next year. Lot of different scenarios could play out the next few days, can't wait to see what happens.

And hi btw 4U2NV!
Hey guru, nice to see ya man!

I would be very disappointed with Spiller as well and for some reason I'm just not getting a good vibe on Morgan. Gut feeling maybe? So, I wouldn't be really happy with either pick but would be furious with Spiller.

I'm curious as to why you would be disappointed with Williams though. For me, a team is built in the trenches (after QB of course) and when you run a 3-4 the most important piece is who your NT is and I'm not sold on any of the guys we have currently. If we still had our 2nds then I might be more willing to hold off and hope that Cody falls, but I think if Williams is there, we have to take him and built from there out.

That said, I wouldn't be upset with Kindle either as we do need to establish our pass rush. (I think Cam Wake will be a beast btw...saw him play a bunch as a BC Lion and even met him a few times, dude's a sick athlete, an absolute freak)
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:51 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has nothing to do with NT, just Williams. I agree NT is a huge need, which is why I don't want Williams. He's a big body but not nearly strong enough to be a dominant run stuffer. He consistently gets blown up by double teams in college. I don't like taking one of these guys in the first 3 rounds that you're not 100% sure is going to be a great fit. I think Cam Thomas has the ability to be a good starting NT in our defense, but other than him and Cody (who I don't see us being in the range to pick) I don't particularly like anyone for NT early. I wouldn't hate not adding a NT because I think you don't want to reach on someone there because there isn't much you can do with a NT that doesn't work out.

I think Wake at wlb and Kindle/Morgan at slb is a really nice combo.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-22-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Kindle is more explosive and I can see him getting better over the years. He's 250 now and can move around well, if we can get him up to 265 or so he'd be a monster pass rusher.

Morgan isn't as explosive and looks slower than Kindle on tape. Looks like an average 4-3 DE to me. There is no chance Morgan can play upright in the league.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just like everyone else, my final hope if to trade down and recoup a 2nd rounder but if it stays as is, I'd hope we'd take Morgan or Kindle there. I am also not really a big fan of Williams in our system. The only early-to-mid round guys that I like for our scheme are Cody (who I think we are out of range for although if the Eagles gave us 24 and 37 we would be) and Troup who isn't as big as we like em but he's very stout and has commanded double teams throughout college. After those two (I'm personally not really a fan of Thomas), I wouldn't touch anyone until guys like Granger, Mullins, and Ivey late.

Personally, I'd be extremely disappointed with JPP and disappointed with Dan Williams or Earl Thomas at 12.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be that upset with JPP. I think this coaching staff would be able to help him realize his potential. I think if he goes to a place like Oakland for example, he'll be a bust but teams like us, Tennessee or Atlanta could get the most out of him.

I am warming up to the idea of getting Sergio Kindle now. I have a gut feeling about Morgan not panning out as we want even if he ends up being a decent player it won't be worth the 12th overall pick.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Geez, it's even dead on here on Draft Day! What do you guys think of the rumors about the Eagles moving up to 12?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Wow...just reading Rick Gosselin's mock draft and he's got us taking Demaryius Thomas at 12. I would be livid if that happened! Given the depth at the WR position and all of our needs on D, that would be as wasteful a pick as I've seen in a long time.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Jared Odrick. I personally like the pick. Not really a need or a sexy pick, but he does add talent and can play a bunch of positions in different fronts. Plus we get a 2nd back.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

I'm quite happy with the pick. I think the trade down was a brilliant move to get us more picks (especially a 2nd) and I trust our coaching staff to get the most out of Odrick's ability. I was hoping for Kindle, but with him falling out of the 1st round a lot of other teams saw something they didn't like obviously and I trust this regime when it comes to drafting players. If this was the Cam Cameron - Randy Mueller regime I would be skeptical but I trust what Parcells is doing.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aren't Randy Starks and Kendall Langford legit starters with Merling behind them? I just don't know why you guys took Odrick in the first and I was seeing if I could get any insight, I'm not hating I just would've liked him to be there at the top of round 2 if the Pats tried to move up

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:26 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Odrick is a very good player and is the prototype 3-4 Five Technique. It just happens that position is arguably the most solid and deepest on our team. So the only disappointment here is that he doesn't fill a need and won't be an immediate starter, which is what I was hoping to get out of our first round pick. He was probably one the only guys we could have taken at 28 that would have made me upset.

That being said, I could definitely see Merling being dealt at some point, which has been mentioned a time or two. If we do, and if that was the intention all along, then this pick makes a LITTLE more sense for me. I just don't understand this really at all to be completely honest. But it does help that we got the 40th pick and 4th rounder in that trade down, because believe me, if we took Odrick at 12, I would have been much more upset than I am right now.

Here's to hoping we land one of the first round talents (Kindle, Griffen, Tate, Benn, Cody or even Burnett) at #40.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk how to feel about this pick. I didn't consider DE to be a major need but at the same time I'm happy we got a guy I really like and I love that we now have 2 Penn Staters but with Kindle still there...what we do at 40 will play a major factor in how I feel about it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Dolphins are actively taking about trades, and many of them.

One player that's been discussed with Miami is Dallas receiver Sam Hurd, whom the Cowboys are actively looking to move after selecting Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant with the draft's 24th pick.

Hurd, whom this regime signed as an undrafted free agent in 2006 during their tenure with the Cowboys, caught just seven passes for 121 yards and one touchdown last season. He's produced 31 receptions for 510 yards and two touchdowns in his four season with the Cowboys. But more importantly he's a core special teams contributor.
You dont really need him but, he'd make a good 2 or 3 for you guys, if allowed the opportunity. He was one of BP's favorites in Dallas and looking for a real chance somewhere. You guys are pretty crowded there, though so it probably wont happen. But BP is at least looking into it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Jerry is a perfect fit for you nice pick

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Randy Starks is being moved to NT, which is a move I like, makes the Odrick pick a very good one. I really liked the fit, just wasn't sure about the need, which is now somewhat there.

I really like Misi, would have preferred Kindle there but I guess the knee issues are pretty serious. Misi is a good fit opposite Wake. If Wake develops into a big time pass rusher, makes Misi's ability in space and such that more valuable.

Like the Jerry pick as well, Smiley is definitely gone and Jerry is a great run blocker. Really like the first 3 picks. FS wasn't addressed but with Allen and Burnett going before our picks I don't mind not getting a guy. Hopefully we can bring in someone to compete with Clemons tomorrow. Maybe a CB who can also return kicks as well, a Cox or Franks type. TE, maybe RB, another pass rusher. A lot of picks late, hopefully we can pick up some more talent.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-25-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree about Odrick and Misi, very good fits. Not an exciting draft at all, but filled some needs and added some solid depth. VERY excited for Reshad Jones though. Could be our long term answer at FS.

Also, I think this draft shows that Crowder's time in Miami may be coming to an end. Maybe not this year, but I don't see him on the team past this season.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 04-25-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

They signed Crowder to a 3 year extension last year, I doubt taking a "nickel linebacker" in the 4th round is going to make them cut him with a year left on his deal. Edds gives them depth inside and lets then move Dansby around depending on the situation.

Loves the Jones pick as well, hopefully he can give Clemons some competition. Got some LB depth as well, Carroll has some nice tools, hopefully he can stay healthy and compete. Solid draft overall, a lot of depth on defense.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-25-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

I'm really not that familiar with any of the guys we got aside from Odrick but I like what I hear about guys like Misi especially. I do like the positions drafted too, we were in bad need of some re-tooling on Defence and Parcells and Ireland made sure it happened. Next year we can focus on adding some more weapons for Henne.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dolphins are a hard team to project in the draft this year. If they stay put a #15, what players/positions should they target?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Catch_23
Rookie

Catch_23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well the obvious ones would be Quarterback if one of the big ones fall to us, then the other would be running back if Ingram is there.
Catch_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch_23 View Post
Well the obvious ones would be Quarterback if one of the big ones fall to us, then the other would be running back if Ingram is there.
Yup. Basically the offense needs a complete revamping. We need a new QB, RB, a playmaking TE and a better #2 to take some pressure off Marshall. Not to mention some more OL depth and maybe a starting OG if Incognito sticks at Center.

Ugh.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Catch_23
Rookie

Catch_23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea complete revamping is almost an understatement at this point our offense was awful this year we basically need help everywhere and that could be a little tough this year without a 2nd rounder so hopefully we can find a little help via fre agency.
Catch_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Signing Vince Young, Zach Miller, Carl Nicks, Ryan Kalil and Mike Sims-Walker would be a nice start. :)

Old 01-15-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Signing Vince Young, Zach Miller, Carl Nicks, Ryan Kalil and Mike Sims-Walker would be a nice start. :)
Why would you want a mentally weak QB who is trash?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote