Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What is the Best Defensive Scheme in the NFL?
3-4 67 46.21%
4-3 37 25.52%
Tampa 2 26 17.93%
Other 15 10.34%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
SanFran
Rookie

SanFran hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Best Defensive Scheme in the NFL?

What is the Best Defensive Scheme in the NFL?
SanFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good poll! I voted Tampa 2 because I am a homer, but 3-4 is the best, most fun and most exciting. If I was a coach I would run it.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
SanFran
Rookie

SanFran hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Good poll! I voted Tampa 2 because I am a homer, but 3-4 is the best, most fun and most exciting. If I was a coach I would run it.
I will coach that in near future once i'm done college
SanFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

I personally like the 4-3 defense the most and the 3-4 has some pretty cool aspects to it as well.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 4-3 isn't a scheme itself. In fact the only one that actually is a scheme is the Tampa 2. The rest are just formations. Might need to know the difference if you're going to be a coach.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i think the 3-4, very exciting to watch, tough for the quarterback to get a read on a 3-4 defense also

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it was between 3-4 and 4-3, I personally prefer a 4-3 front.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ehh shoot i think its the F-B 3-4
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but the 3-4 zb is nice with the right personel
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Microphon200
Rookie

Microphon200 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
ehh shoot i think its the F-B 3-4
3-4 is all about trying to be sexy.
Microphon200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:39 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

43, I think its just as versatile than the 34, just better at certain aspects.

The Cover two I'd say is the weakest, but can also be the best if it has the right players.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I'll take the 4-3.But it depends on who is the DC.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microphon200 View Post
3-4 is all about trying to be sexy.
If you don't know what the FB 34 is then don't ever quote me again.
Quote:
Old 03-13-2007, 02:03 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i went other, as a ravens fan i really enjoyed the 3-4/4-3 hybrid we ran because it was really exciting to watch, we had very good personel to run it and because it was the #1 defense this year.

it can bring a lot of pressure from different spot as seen by how many different people on the ravens D got sacks and just how many there were. Rex Ryan ran our defense perfectly with our personel
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:03 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the 3-4 scheme the chargers run. big olbs with athletic mlbs and huge dlinemen

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:17 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you have the right personnel, it is probably the Cover 2. After all, look at the two teams in the superbowl

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:20 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

There is no best scheme.

It depends on your personnel, the other teams' personnel, and what plays/formations they run.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:33 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

46 Bear. More teams would run it if it didn't take an impossible amount of extremely talented LB's to do so.

Although Mike Sherman's 0 scheme was pretty cool too, we copied it for my high school team back in the day.

Last edited by Non_Sequitur : 03-13-2007 at 05:58 AM.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:46 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 5-2 and the 4-4, nah really the 4-3

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

We run the 3-3-5, and as an OLineman, it sucks to go against with all the athletic Saftey LB tweeners and then u have to read the LB and Safeties. Im glad i dont have to go against it but its very fun to play as. Personally i like the 46, its dominate against the run and if have athletic enough DB it could stop some key Passing Down plays
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:48 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

If I had the choice, I'd run a 4-3/3-4 hybrid like the Ravens and Fins.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:01 AM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

3-4/4-3 hybrid
Old 03-13-2007, 08:51 AM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The best scheme would be something unique and something that a team has the personel to run effectively. I think the 3-4 (really more of a formation) and the tampa 2 are going to be less efective in the future. Too many teams run it now, and the QBs and offensive coordinators will find a way to beat it.

I would not mind seeing a more of a 5-2 formation, just becuase I find it interesting to watch.
KBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted other because the best defensive system in the NFL is the "Organized Chaos" hybrid Defense that Rex Ryan has created, developed, and perfected.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I voted other because the best defensive system in the NFL is the "Organized Chaos" hybrid Defense that Rex Ryan has created, developed, and perfected.
yup yup

youve got to love that name

ORGANIZED
CHAOS

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote