Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think he will have agreat year, but i dont think he'll break the record...

but every running back should have that mentality though, to be the best
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:11 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

probably not, you really have to have a special season to come close to the 2000 yard mark and Frank Gore is coming off a special season last year and he'll be hard-pressed to do what he did last year again. Im not saying he cant rush for 1500 or even 2000 yards but things would really have to go perfectly. But that certainly is the mentality you want any workhorse back to have...that defenses will not be able to stop him and that he will rack up yards and carry the load offensively game in game out all year. Confidence and high expectations are important.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Frank, but when he said this a couple of months ago, I thought he was crazy. I still do. It's interesting what players will say when their discussing a possible contract extension.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:36 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Won't happen.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:53 AM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope he breaks it so I can laugh at the 30 people in this thread who said no chance.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frank Gore should worry about staying healthy more than breaking rushing records. With the way he runs, it is only a matter of time before he gets hurt again.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:04 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
No...I think you'll see defenses prepping for him a lot more this year.
That's it right there, he will still have a good year if he can stay healthy, but I don't see him breaking the record.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:05 AM    (permalink
my future me
Veteran

my future me hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

. . . he will then hang up his cleats and retire as the greatest of all time

If Nolan allows him anywhere near 2,000 yards, Gore may as well retire cause his legs won't work no more. You have to protect you RB.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:34 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Last year it was Larry. The year before it was Tomlinson. Every single year people come up with the most idiotic arguments about how one RB that did good last year will magically go over 2000.

Well, it won't happen. Even if Gore got more carries, his YPC would most likely head south. Why does no one see how special 2000 yards is?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Craigo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I remember posting on this website at this time last year that Gore would break 1200 in 06/07. I got laughed at. He got way past that. I'd love to find that thread, but I haven't been able to.

I guess thats a little off topic. I'll have to agree with some of the other niner fans saying that I dont want him to rush for that much. Too much wear, especially for a guy whos got two knees that hes already ruined before. I think the Niners draft a change of pace back in the middle rounds to take the load off. Michael Robinson isn't ready yet.

Thanks jkpigskin!
Craigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slow down young buck.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Read my signiture, if he doesnt break the record next year he will do it eventually, he is that good!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Frank Gore should worry about staying healthy more than breaking rushing records. With the way he runs, it is only a matter of time before he gets hurt again.
Explain your reasoning.. He has a very natural running style, it's not like he runs up high or he leaves his knees out in front of him to get hit first. He's a very smart running and uses his quickness and low center of gravity while running.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Won't happen. He lacks the breakaway top speed to really break alot of long ones. He's a great RB who runs for average, but unless the hole is really big, I don't see him breaking long runs consistently. Too slow (top end speed at least).

And anyway, he should be more worried about staying healthy.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Steven Jackson said he was going to snap it and look what he did, IMo he'll get closer than Jackson did.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Explain your reasoning.. He has a very natural running style, it's not like he runs up high or he leaves his knees out in front of him to get hit first. He's a very smart running and uses his quickness and low center of gravity while running.
He never looks to avoid contact and takes a lot of big hits. All the great RBs have had the knack for never taking a really hard direct hit. At least very rarely. He runs hard but often right into or through defenders. For a smaller guy (although he is not terribly small) with a serious history of injuries, to me its just a matter of time.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Won't happen. He lacks the breakaway top speed to really break alot of long ones. He's a great RB who runs for average, but unless the hole is really big, I don't see him breaking long runs consistently. Too slow (top end speed at least).

Yeah. His top end speed stopped him from getting another 100 yards at least during the season. He always broke out into the secondary for a long gain, but was caught from behind many times. If only he had the top end speed to outrun them at the end...that would be many more yards and TDs.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Last year it was Larry. The year before it was Tomlinson. Every single year people come up with the most idiotic arguments about how one RB that did good last year will magically go over 2000.

Well, it won't happen. Even if Gore got more carries, his YPC would most likely head south. Why does no one see how special 2000 yards is?
Last year it was Steven Jackson too.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Um... thats actually ridiculous.

He had the most long runs in the league last year by a pretty good margin. I'll look up the exact stat, but he definately had the most in the league.

Thanks jkpigskin!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Didn't he say this last year? Doesn't every running back say this every year?
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
Didn't he say this last year? Doesn't every running back say this every year?
No. Some RBs actually state goals that might actually be reached. Although I doubt he even does this, Brandon Jacobs said he is going to break 1600 rushing yards.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think he will have a down year as more teams will game plan for him even more than last year

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonie61 View Post
Frank Gore is the best running back in the NFL.
I didn't know LT changed his name to Frank Gore?
Old 03-13-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
Um... thats actually ridiculous.

He had the most long runs in the league last year by a pretty good margin. I'll look up the exact stat, but he definately had the most in the league.
Yeah, 15 runs of 20+

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/411568

Just for a reference on whats a good number, Tomlinson has never done more than 12 a season, and hes considered the best breakaway runner in the game.

Thanks jkpigskin!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

doesnt matter if they do, you will still never beat the cardinals

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote