Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC East Division Forum

AFC East Division Forum Discuss the AFC East

View Poll Results: Who won the draft?
Buffalo 2 14.29%
Miami 1 7.14%
New England 7 50.00%
New York 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Who won the draft?

Buffalo
Miami
New England
New York

I think Buffalo had the best draft, followed by New England, then Miami and the Jets had the worst. Parcells worked some magic with the trade for Brandon Marshall, so this needs to be considered, they really only lost a 2nd round pick and a 2011 pick at that. New York didn't have many picks and New England failed to address RB, I feel like they need to work on a more balanced attack. Buffalo on the other hand upgraded their RB, WR, OT, NT, OLB and DE positions with solid players across the board. Buddy Nix is truly a BPA kind of GM and I'm grateful that we have him, although I think we should have drafted Anthony Davis & Jimmy Clausen, nevertheless I agree with the Spiller/Troup selections.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea we all can see into the future. No one wins unill 3-4 years down the road.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
yea we all can see into the future. No one wins unill 3-4 years down the road.
Have some balls, hindsight makes things too easy.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How was Troup BPA? That was a blatantly need based selection. Also, unless we get some value for Marshawn I think Spiller was too much of a luxury pick, especially considering I don't think he was the BPA there at 9 (although a case could be made).
Old 04-27-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like all 4 teams drafts.

The Bills may have taken Troup a bit high (3rd round would have been better) but that's up for debate - for at least 2 years to give the kid some development time. lol

NE did well but Cunningham (or Crable . . . yikes) needs to be an impact guy in the pass rush or our draft looks very bad. It all hinges on the pass rush, as Spikes and McCourtey should prove to be very shrewd picks and immediate contributors.

The Jets showed the same aggressiveness I admired last year. 3, 4, 5 very good picks is better than a dozen picks that turn into a roster cut festival anyway. All 4 guys looked like great value to me and fill the very few holes the team had left. Impressive. But they take second.

Miami wins. Their draft was excellent, landing the top 5tech, a high motor kid like Misi and then add Jerry and AJ Edds in 3 & 4. I like the players they brought in even without the Marshall trade. I just can't see voting for anyone else when the Phins draft reads: Brandon Marshall, Jared Odrick, Koa Misi, John Jerry, AJ Edds and a solid safety way late in Rashad Jones.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I agree with flyingelvis Miami did its thing in the darft. Odrick was one of my favorite players in the draft and i really wanted the Jets to draft him. Jets are second because kyle wilson was great value at 29 and Mcknight is going to be the steal of the fourth round. Imo I would have been upset if I was a bills fan. Didnt like the spiller pick cause I thought your ground game was already good.
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote