Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-23-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah. Wade already said that he firmly believes Sean Lee is capable of playing both positions.

Most likely you would have Sean Lee at strong side and Williams at weak side.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had pick 59, Ducasse went 61 overall, Brown went 64. I'd certianly consider them steals that late. Those selections would have been just fine. And Jerry could have realistically went anywhere in the 2nd and no one would say a word. Dallas' plan was obviously to go BPA and ignore immediate needs. We just have to hope that the guys pan out. Which I really like both of these players and fully expect both to be great for years to come. I just never expected to get either. We tend to go after needs, I didnt think this year would be any different, and the value was there. Certainly an interesting choice/direction to take things.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Nah. Wade already said that he firmly believes Sean Lee is capable of playing both positions.

Most likely you would have Sean Lee at strong side and Williams at weak side.
I mean this year. Williams wont play at all, he'll still be the 4th LB, instead of competing with Carp for playing time at nickel. Lee jumps right into Carp's nickel LB role. And then next year, Bradie and Lee will probably be three down guys, so we wont even need a nickel guy. It just wasnt a necessary pick, I dont want to hate too much, because I do like Lee, I just think there were better options given what was on the board and our need for quality O-Line depth and safety.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-23-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ducasse maybe, but I wouldn't of really got the Charles Brown pick. It's obvious that we like Free at LT, Charles Brown is a LT and a finesse one at that, and maybe he'd be an ok RT but that would be pushing it.

We are fine at RT, Columbo and Brewster is just as stacked as ILB is, Brown didn't really have a fit here on this team. Ducasse I would of liked.

Anyway, for those who really broke down the ILB's, is Lee a much better player then Brandon Spikes is? Noticed he went not that much further later, and I'm hoping we don't end up with the worse player out of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ducasse maybe, but I wouldn't of really got the Charles Brown pick. It's obvious that we like Free at LT, Charles Brown is a LT and a finesse one at that, and maybe he'd be an ok RT but that would be pushing it.

We are fine at RT, Columbo and Brewster is just as stacked as ILB is, Brown didn't really have a fit here on this team. Ducasse I would of liked.

Anyway, for those who really broke down the ILB's, is Lee a much better player then Brandon Spikes is? Noticed he went not that much further later, and I'm hoping we don't end up with the worse player out of the two.
Leadership, character and smarts wise, it isn't even close between Lee and Spikes. I would've liked Spikes too though. I really don't know who will be the better pro, but I'm happy with Lee enough to not be sick about losing out on Spikes.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have had an interesting draft so far. From a value perspective, its been great. Dez and Lee.

It's just that me personally, I'm not a Sean Lee fan at all (i don't like Penn State LBs for the most part), and Dez was a little overrated to me.

I'd still give your draft an A-, scouts know a hell of a lot more than I do.

D, I agree with you on Spikes. I was heartbroken bc I was hoping he'd fall to us in the 3rd. The Pats got a steal.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:35 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:

Brewster is a RT/G, so Brown for sure would have had a home as a LT/RT prospect. I dont think he'd just be stuck on the left, like many believe. The value was great at that pick. And it would have nothing to do with Doug Free. Free would still start regardless, he's certainly more ready to do so, and he's earned that at least. It would just be taking the best O-Line talent available and Brown would have certainly had a spot here. As for finesse tackles...Free is a finesse tackle and Brewster is no mauler either. And with Felix Jones taking a more prominent role, it's not like we need strictly power players along that line. It's not like Free or Kosier are in the Houck mold either.

That being said, I still would have preferred Ducasse as a big future G, who could play some T, if need be.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-24-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Lee is light yrs. better than Spikes b/c he doesnt gouge eyes. End of story.

Maybe I'm behind the curve here b/c I missed all of yesterday with a PC virus, but is Carpenter still trade bait? Was he always? If not does the Lee pick send him a msg, or maybe light a fire under him?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Carp is on the trade market, I just dont think anyone wants him. He's done in Dallas. If he doesnt get traded, he's just getting cut. Lee just took his roster spot and will fill his nickel LB role.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-24-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I loved our draft, looks like alot of playmakers and guys who love to play the game. Word is Fanica is getting cut Monday, What do you think about adding him?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Lee is light yrs. better than Spikes b/c he doesnt gouge eyes. End of story.
That makes no sense. Let me get this straight. Because Spikes stuffed his fingers inside a guy's facemask, that makes him a less talented player? Oooooooookay. Spikes is infinitely better than Lee. Lee is JAG.

Gotta love that Bama homerism shining through and through.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
That makes no sense. Let me get this straight. Because Spikes stuffed his fingers inside a guy's facemask, that makes him a less talented player? Oooooooookay. Spikes is infinitely better than Lee. Lee is JAG.

Spikes will only be a 2 down player in the NFL. Lee isn't.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Found this at another forum.

**one of my sources inside Valley Ranch was kind enough to conduct a interview from a list of questions I gave him with a Cowboys scout who was very active inside the Cowboys war room. I apologize to anyone who is going to be upset I'm not revealing names. I asked my source if he could reveal the scout and respect his wishes and the scouts to keep it anonymous. If this is something you find the need to criticize I ask that you ignore this post and move on so other can enjoy it. I'm paraphrasing some of the answers, these are not direct quotes but nothing was added**

How are you guys feeling about what you have accomplished so far?:
ecstatic, thrilled..every team will tell you they are happy with their picks but we honestly believe we have drafted two players who will be substantial contributors to this team in their rookie year.

Dez Bryant?:
we did our homework. Dez was one of the top 10 players on our board. He has a lot to learn but we feel he can contribute right away on special teams. One of the first two calls he received yesterday was from Romo and R. Williams. Romo was ecstatic, he will have this kid ready. Coach D could hardly contain himself as well.

Sean Lee?:
Football player. There is no other way to describe him. When his playing days are over he will be a coach in this league, no doubt about it. We feel he could start today but we have 2 great ILB's and he will compliment them well. SF was going to trade up and pick Lee, we knew we had to make a move. Singletary called after our selection, joked that we stole his guy. Also said we got the best ILB to come to the NFL in the last 3 years. Said the only ILB that rated higher was Patrick Willis.

What can we expect on Saturday?:
We have 3 picks. Jerry still has some things he wants to accomplish. Also spending a lot of time looking at FA's and players that can potentially be available. There are several good football players available, we tried to trade back up yesterday but could not find a partner. A few of those guys are still available.

Addressing the OL?:
There are several good players out there but I'm not sure any of them could make a contribution this year. We are pretty happy with what we have but that's not to say were not looking to upgrade. Just not sure if it will be in the draft.

Trading players from the roster?:
I dont foresee any trades being made but that is Jerry's call. It's not something I'm at liberty to discuss. Who could you trade at this point that would be easily replaced with a draft pick in rounds 4-7?

Trading for players from another roster?:
I cant really comment on this. Jerry and Stephen are always working the phones. If there is someone there that can help us they wont miss out on the opportunity.

Last years class...disappointed?:
no, not at all. We feel with the injuries the class was limited. It will be sort of a extension on this years class. Your going to see last years class start to pay dividends this year. Several of those guy are going to be key contributors to this year team.

Any holes Dallas feels needs to be filled?:
your always looking to upgrade the roster. It does not always have to be in the first month of FA or during the draft. Because of the current state of the NFL many teams expect there to be some real good football players available when teams start to trim rosters. We are happy with our current situation. Not many teams can say that.

A lot of eating going on in the war room, what was on the menu?:
*laughing* we have draw straws, winner choses the menu. Jerry loves Chinese, Wade cant get enough BBQ. It was Wade's call yesterday. I dont think that will happen again the room is simply not big enough for a bunch of men and plates of baked beans. (edited for privacy concerns) I dont think they will ever let me order!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Makes the Sean Lee trade up understandable for my ease of mind. I "get it" now.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Found this at another forum.

**one of my sources inside Valley Ranch was kind enough to conduct a interview from a list of questions I gave him with a Cowboys scout who was very active inside the Cowboys war room. I apologize to anyone who is going to be upset I'm not revealing names. I asked my source if he could reveal the scout and respect his wishes and the scouts to keep it anonymous. If this is something you find the need to criticize I ask that you ignore this post and move on so other can enjoy it. I'm paraphrasing some of the answers, these are not direct quotes but nothing was added**

How are you guys feeling about what you have accomplished so far?:
ecstatic, thrilled..every team will tell you they are happy with their picks but we honestly believe we have drafted two players who will be substantial contributors to this team in their rookie year.

Dez Bryant?:
we did our homework. Dez was one of the top 10 players on our board. He has a lot to learn but we feel he can contribute right away on special teams. One of the first two calls he received yesterday was from Romo and R. Williams. Romo was ecstatic, he will have this kid ready. Coach D could hardly contain himself as well.

Sean Lee?:
Football player. There is no other way to describe him. When his playing days are over he will be a coach in this league, no doubt about it. We feel he could start today but we have 2 great ILB's and he will compliment them well. SF was going to trade up and pick Lee, we knew we had to make a move. Singletary called after our selection, joked that we stole his guy. Also said we got the best ILB to come to the NFL in the last 3 years. Said the only ILB that rated higher was Patrick Willis.

What can we expect on Saturday?:
We have 3 picks. Jerry still has some things he wants to accomplish. Also spending a lot of time looking at FA's and players that can potentially be available. There are several good football players available, we tried to trade back up yesterday but could not find a partner. A few of those guys are still available.

Addressing the OL?:
There are several good players out there but I'm not sure any of them could make a contribution this year. We are pretty happy with what we have but that's not to say were not looking to upgrade. Just not sure if it will be in the draft.

Trading players from the roster?:
I dont foresee any trades being made but that is Jerry's call. It's not something I'm at liberty to discuss. Who could you trade at this point that would be easily replaced with a draft pick in rounds 4-7?

Trading for players from another roster?:
I cant really comment on this. Jerry and Stephen are always working the phones. If there is someone there that can help us they wont miss out on the opportunity.

Last years class...disappointed?:
no, not at all. We feel with the injuries the class was limited. It will be sort of a extension on this years class. Your going to see last years class start to pay dividends this year. Several of those guy are going to be key contributors to this year team.

Any holes Dallas feels needs to be filled?:
your always looking to upgrade the roster. It does not always have to be in the first month of FA or during the draft. Because of the current state of the NFL many teams expect there to be some real good football players available when teams start to trim rosters. We are happy with our current situation. Not many teams can say that.

A lot of eating going on in the war room, what was on the menu?:
*laughing* we have draw straws, winner choses the menu. Jerry loves Chinese, Wade cant get enough BBQ. It was Wade's call yesterday. I dont think that will happen again the room is simply not big enough for a bunch of men and plates of baked beans. (edited for privacy concerns) I dont think they will ever let me order!
Good stuff. Man wouldnt you just love to sit in a war room for a day? That would be so awesome!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-24-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sitting in the War Room would be awesome! I probably would be so awe stricken that I wouldn't say crap. I'd just sit there watching unless something crazy happened.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cowboys secondary coach Dave Campo confirmed that fourth-round DB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah will start out at safety.
"He's an excellent athlete -- an outstanding athlete for a safety -- and we're going to start him at safety," said Campo. "And we feel like it's going to be the position for the future for him." Owusu-Ansah has free safety size with impressive speed and athleticism. The Cowboys got a steal here.
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Woot :D :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

The OL situation this year reminds me of 2008 when there were a lot of WRs to be had at the end of the first/beginning of the second and because there weren't any available at our pick that was better than what we already had, then we drafted another position. LOL. Remember when our FO thought nobody was better than Isaiah Stanback? To their credit, Miles Austin was sitting in the wings as well. :)

Just like Miles Austin showed flashes, Doug Free showed flashes... Hopefully, Free has a similar super breakout season. :D

Hey, can you really blame me for sounding overly excited??? lol
Old 04-24-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm completely over the moon with this draft. Night an day compared to last year. We got a ton of value and moved on players we wanted rather than standing pat and watching them disappear.

Whew. Bryant, Lee, Ansah =) Provided we bring in some of the quality UDFA talent that's available it'll be tough to wipe the smile off my face.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:13 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Enjoy these golden treasures boys!!!

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/388...eboardwide.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2...whiteboard.jpg
Old 04-25-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Lee will beat out Carpenter much the same way Crayton and Williams "beat out" Austin. If Jerry tells Wade who to play.

Hate him or not, Carpenter logically is not going anywhere unless he is traded and Lee will be ST all year probably sitting behind Carpenter and Lee (Williams, sorry).

The real issue are the OLB from last year and what we will do with all the LB names we have.

But anyway, much like every other guy in our draft this year and last year -- they will ride the pines barring injury.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 04-25-2010 at 03:20 PM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Sean Lee will beat out Carpenter much the same way Crayton and Williams "beat out" Austin. If Jerry tells Wade who to play.

Hate him or not, Carpenter logically is not going anywhere unless he is traded and [b]Lee will be ST all year probably sitting behind Carpenter and Lee.
[/B]Huh?

The real issue are the OLB from last year and what we will do with all the LB names we have.

But anyway, much like every other guy in our draft this year and last year -- they will ride the pines barring injury.

Wonder if having a SB contending team has anything to do with that?

Old 04-25-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post

Exactly. And to be quite honest considering the amount of 3 WR sets Dez might be 'starting' by the end of the season. In addition Dez with punt returns, AoA with kick returns, Lee will be given a shot at nickel backer.

If they beat out the competition they will play however when you have a SB contender you can't exactly expect to have instant starters from the draft =)
Old 04-25-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

Keep those prejudices close to keep you warm at night, with your toxic personality no one else will. My team won the NC, Florida cheated over & over & got burned for it, yours regressed into loserdom, get over it.

Spikes is garbage, overrated, & ran a 5.0 40. He will have trouble adjusting to the pro game with that kind of lack of speed.

I like Dez Bryant, don't love him & never did, see thread on Risers & Droppers.....no one has really made much of this yet so it bears saying: even if Bryant doesnt set the woods on fire as a rookie WR in Dallas, he will light a fire under Roy Williams & I'm for anything that motivates Williams to achieve to the level expected when Jerry brought him in from Detroit.

Last edited by LizardState : 04-25-2010 at 01:52 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post

Williams, Lee behind Williams and Carpenter barring injury or Jerry telling Wade who to play.

ANd no being SB has nothing to with it.

But over-all -------- much much much much better draft.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote