Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC West Division Forum

NFC West Division Forum Discuss the NFC West

Old 04-24-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Grade Your Rivals 2010

NFC West tore this draft apart as a whole so let's see some grades

San Fransisco

11. Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
Solid value, high upside player, at times last year looked amazing other times looked terrible. Has the best shot of all 1st round OT's to be an elite player imo
Grade: B+

14. Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
Best O-lineman in the draft regardless of position. Should be a solid starter through out his career and a good value pick
Grade: A

49. Taylor Mays, S, USC
Great value in the 2nd, another high risk, high reward type of guy. If used properly could be an impact player in the future.
Grade: B+

91. Navarro Bowman, LB, Penn State
Great value again, not sure how he fits in the 3-4, I assume at ILB so he will be another project.
Grade: B

173. Anthony Dixon, RB, Mississippi State
Loved him in college(due to my SEC FFB league) A real hard runner and a solid goal line back. He isn't a man of many traits but the one he has he excels at.
Grade: B-

182. Nate Byham, TE, Pittsburgh
Considered the best blocking TE in the draft. You took a similar TE prospect last year Pascoe, but they fit the label that the media has recently given you
Grade: B-

206. Mike Williams, RS, Arizona State
Excellent return man not much else, solid value and one of the many returners taken in the 6th.
Grade: C+

224. Phillip Adams, CB, South Carolina State
I don't know who he is so I can't really give him a grade.

Overall Grade: B+

Last edited by fenikz : 04-25-2010 at 11:38 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:28 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle - They pretty much had the best draft of anyone, by a wide margin. They got the two best players and their positions at positions that they needed a lot of help at and then added players that will all contribute something this year. Tate is going to be a starting WR, Thurmond will be a nickel corner at worst, I would not be surprised to see Chancellor work his way into the starting line-up by the end of the year, and McCoy was a steal. Then they added Leon Washington and Lendale White for very low prices. Grade - A+

Rams - While they did not good quite the job that Seattle did, the Rams still had a heck of a draft. Bradford is my favorite QB prospect in a long time and I think he will be the starter by week one, to be honest. They added a tackle to go across from Jason Smith and a receiver who is reliable and consistent to help their young QB out. Their pick of Selvie in the 7th was great. I think he was the victim of being over-analyzed and facing double teams for 3 years straight. I have him with 8-12 sacks and in contention for DRotY. Grade - A

Cardinals - Not a flashy draft but they added talented players at positions of need. Williams and Washington will both be starting in week one and I think Schofield will make an impact as a situational pass rusher. I would not be surprised, if (when) Leinart does not play well, to see Skelton come in and play well. Just let him throw jump balls to Fitz and he will do fine. Grade - B
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle

6. Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
Best OT in the draft, athletic enough to play in Alex Gibb's ZBS. Considered a steal by some should start from day one and should be a key cog in turning the team around.

14. Earl Thomas, S, Texas
Seattle's biggest need imo, time after time i have watched a Cardinals WR destroy a Seahawks safety. Solid Value, high upside guy could be one of the better FS in the league one day.

60. Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
Solid WR, guy who I had as the 3rd best WR(after Bryant and Benn). Carroll has seen him a lot so he knows what he is getting, decent value.

111. Walter Thurmond III, CB, Oregon
Another guy Carroll knows well, good man to man CB, not real experienced in a zone, coming off a torn ACL so won't see any action for quite a bit.

127. C.J. Wilson, DE, East Carolina
I'm personally not a big fan of this guy, doesn't seem to have the skill set necessary to compete in the NFL, DE was a need but I don't think Wilson fills it.
Grade: C-

133. Kam Chancellor, S, Virginia Tech
A in the box safety who struggled bad last year as a FS, is gonna have a hard time covering anyone in the NFL but should be a fine in the box type of safety, maybe a guy you bring in for running downs or on the goal line.
Grade: C

185. Anthony McCoy, TE, USC
Obviously another guy that Carroll knows wells, a complete TE, good blocker, solid receiver, should be a nice compliment to Carlson in double Te sets. Great value at this point in the draft.

236. Dexter Davis, DE, Arizona State
I've seen a ton of this man, one of those plays past his potential type of guys. Great in space would of loved to see him on a 3-4 team, not great vs the run and can get sealed off fairly easily, maybe just a situational pass rusher?
Grade: C+

245. Jameson Konz, FB/ATH, Kent State
Freak athlete, but a long term project no matter what position you mold him into. Should be awhile before he sees the field but has a huge upside and in the 7th its a low risk pick.

Overall Grade: A-

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote