Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-24-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Raiders close to a deal with Faneca? (update: nope)

Raiders deeply interested in Faneca, who refused pay cut from Jets. Need to protect J Campbell.

Raiders like Faneca and since Jets release, focusing on Oakland.

Faneca talking with Oakland about contract

http://twitter.com/richlieberman

I think it would be a very good singing good vet who can teach these young cats somethings and will help out who ever is at RT(Barnes,Valdheer,Campbell)

But has he ever played RG?

Last edited by _YL_ : 04-24-2010 at 04:43 PM.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure he's played LG his whole career. I'd like to think that Faneca will be a better option then Carlise.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy **** this might be over the top lol. Have him at RG and our oline is VERY solid

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope we don't throw too much money at him. He's gotta be getting pretty old and it doesn't sound like Jets fans were very pleased with his play. I just get the feeling he's been living off the name he made back in his Steeler days.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think it's gonna happen,I would like it to happen to from Cables press conference he want's to see what these young guys can do.so I expect Campbell to be the RG.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _YL_ View Post
I really don't think it's gonna happen,I would like it to happen to from Cables press conference he want's to see what these young guys can do.so I expect Campbell to be the RG.
Bruce Campbell? I highly doubt that. He's really not built like a guard. I expect him to be our project LT, much like Henderson was when we drafted him. RG should likely be between Carlisle, Walker, or a new acquisition from this point forward.

EDIT: Was just listening to Cable's press conference, he mentioned Campbell at RG lol. I don't see it happening but I guess it is a possibility.

Last edited by Stash : 04-25-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default durr

If you have Campbell not isolated on the outside, I think putting him at RG is a good way of getting him some playing time early. He is certainly strong enough to do it, although I would be concerned about some of the bigger, low CG DT's being able to push him around.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id rather try Khalif Barnes at RG or see if Langston Walker can play well like he did play year there. I want to develop Bruce as our LT and let Veldheer take over RT from the get go

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 04-27-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be totally happy with this. I'm not clear we should expect either Veldheer or Campbell to play significant snaps this season, at least early on. Neither is a particularly good fit inside and while I do think the team believes Veldheer is the future left tackle of the team, he'd have to come out and play pretty damn well for a rookie to unseat Henderson that soon.

Recognizing that we don't really have much inside, getting Faneca would be fine so long as either he or Gallery are willing to play the right guard position. We desperately need guys who are used to power blocking schemes and are smart veterans; Faneca fits both those requirements.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Faneca signed with Arizona today....

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 04-27-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sigh, right after I bothered to write all that out. Oh well, Oakland can redeem themselves by signing John Henderson.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
I'm pretty sure he's played LG his whole career. I'd like to think that Faneca will be a better option then Carlise.
Heck, if he doesn't want to switch sides then fine. Let's move Gallery to the right side. I don't care. Whatever gets the man in here.

I'd like to see him teach Campbell the finer arts of playing guard in the league (until Campbell hopefully grows into a LT role of course). Faneca has excellent technique from what I've seen so he would do good for Campbell.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

IMO Henderson would be the better sign anyways. I think out of these guys we should be alright at RG: Langston Walker, Bruce Campbell, Cooper Carlisle, Khalif Barnes and Brandon Rodd. Walker played well last year at the end of the season, Cambpbell has potential through the roof, we know what we are going to get with Carlisle, Barnes is a unknown at RG but he didnt look good on the outside last year and Rodd is another unknown young guy who could surprise

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 04-27-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Faneca signed with Arizona today....

dang....

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Sigh, right after I bothered to write all that out. Oh well, Oakland can redeem themselves by signing John Henderson.
I would definitely approve of a Henderson signing.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Guys, there's no way I could claim to know near as much about the offensive line as Tom Cable, but I really don't see Bruce Campbell as he is right now as a offensive guard. He doesn't anchor all that well, he doesn't get consistent leverage, and he wasn't really all that great at getting a push in the run game. If we were still running the ZBS, that'd be one thing, since he'd probably be pretty damn awesome at pulling, but we're not. The single best thing about this kid is his kick-slide. It's unreal. He's gotta be a tackle.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Guys, there's no way I could claim to know near as much about the offensive line as Tom Cable, but I really don't see Bruce Campbell as he is right now as a offensive guard. He doesn't anchor all that well, he doesn't get consistent leverage, and he wasn't really all that great at getting a push in the run game. If we were still running the ZBS, that'd be one thing, since he'd probably be pretty damn awesome at pulling, but we're not. The single best thing about this kid is his kick-slide. It's unreal. He's gotta be a tackle.
Are we really running a power, man-up blocking scheme? I haven't actually heard that as a definite answer. I agree that his skillset does NOT match that of a power blocking guard. The skills he needs to develop the most are the ones that are most necessary for a power blocking scheme and the skills he already possesses would be virtually useless in said scheme.

Does he have brute strength? Yes. But without the leverage and ability to anchor in the blocking game, he doesn't make sense inside for a power scheme.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

It was my impression. Bringing in guys like Langton Walker would seem to support that and it was also cited as a possible reason for Cable's exit. Since that didn't happen, who knows. I was getting ahead of myself above. We'll just have to wait and see.