Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 04-24-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About McCoy - The 6th round is not where you consider team needs at all really. They took advantage of a guy falling and got a talented football player way lower than he should have gone. Great pick. I have a feeling he could develop into an excellent dual-threat TE. He has the frame to get bigger and improve as a blocker which will help LEON WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Babylon is sad now.
Clue me in please. As for the draft i think they scored bigtime, werent my picks but i'm not on the payroll. As for White i dont like fat underachievers so yeah i'm sad about that.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
RGVBadBoy
Rookie

RGVBadBoy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Hawks had themselves a nice lil draft, Earl Thomas is a stud at FS, I think thats where he belongs. Chanceller can help in run support. The addition of Washington and White is HUGE, because of the inability to nab a premier RB in the 1st 3rds. I'm real curious to see whats up with Konz, this kid is a freak, I want to see where Carrol uses him, I'd like to see if he can play some TE or H-Back.
RGVBadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just want to offer some perspective on Leon Washington...

I watched every game of his career as a Jet and before last year, he was their MVP. Jet fans all screamed for him to get more carries over TJ, and I saw why - he was clearly quicker and more explosive than Jones (who is a good player in his own right). Point is, this guy is a GREAT player.

He's very explosive, but he's also a tough inside runner. He's not the greatest receiver, but he can catch and he's powerful and quick once he has the ball. He's also a GREAT kickoff returner and will most likely be the main guy on opening day - I'd predict 2 KR touchdowns from him this season. Washington is NOT just a speed back.

If he returns to his former self after the big injury, the Seahawks got a HUGE steal here.

Does anyone know what his contract looks like? They had to extend him, right?
Old 04-24-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think they've extended Washington yet.

As for the McCoy pick, I understand that he was a huge value, however this was a ridiculous draft and I just didn't see them taking any TE's in it. That said, they now have the flexibility to try to outmaneuver teams by mixing and matching their TE's.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5jcyz-nSVs

Don't tell me you don't want this guy on our team. Especially as a 6th-rounder. the guy's a freaky athlete.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I'm not saying that I don't want McCoy on the Seahawks. I was saying that it kind of puzzled me since TE was one of our only positions of strength heading into the draft.

McCoy should have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick, there's no questioning that and to get him in the 6th was a steal. This depth was ridiculously deep, and even in the 6th round players could be had that could make an impact. Although McCoy, Carlson could be one of the great TE duo's for years to come.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I never understood why Dexter Davis was ranked so low... He was productive, he's clearly quick (4.64 - fastest DE at the combine), and durable.

I knew PC would remember him so I threw him there in the 7th round of the mock draft thread.

Could be perfect for that elephant role. They are definitely thinking of some 3-4 wrinkles (Rob Rose is listed as a DE on the website and E.J. Wilson is a bigger DE in the mold of a 5-tech). I just think Mebane is the best player on the defense and he's best as a one-gap penetrator, not a nose or a 5.

Two other things to note:
-Jameson Konz is listed as a WR on the Seahawks website.
-Walter Thurmond is also.

I would think Thurmond is a mistake but it will be interesting to see what they do with Konzie. Ayyyyyyyyyyy.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I never understood why Dexter Davis was ranked so low... He was productive, he's clearly quick (4.64 - fastest DE at the combine), and durable.

Could be perfect for that elephant role. They are definitely thinking of some 3-4 wrinkles (Rob Rose is listed as a DE on the website and E.J. Wilson is a bigger DE in the mold of a 5-tech)...
Word. That's pretty much what I said in the "draft grades" thread.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Golden Tate had a good time after getting drafted haha

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote