Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-23-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Our first four picks...

Have been great to get McCoy and Price then come in with Benn and now Lewis... I like it. We got three guys who were captains for there teams. Thats big to me. Showed that this team last year didn't have anyone who could be one.

Lewis looks like a big Cb that could become a good zone CB.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this draft a lot so far. We got 3 starters in McCoy, Price and Benn.

Lewis is a fantastic Cover 2 prospect who likely slipped because he's not adept at going man-to-man with quicker receivers. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't end up starting opposite Talib once Barber decides to retire.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love it.

/still had hoped we could've traded up to get B.Spikes in at the end of the 2nd. I think he is going to be a real good NFL LB.
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've warmed up to the Myron Lewis pick considerably. He seems to have the size and speed that make guys like Ghee and Murphy special, but one of the biggest concerns with Ghee was his lack of playmaking. Lewis had 5 interceptions as a Junior and another 4 interceptions this past year. Even more intriguing, he had 5 sacks as a Junior. I think this factored into why we took him considering the way we like to blitz DBs. I think he's going to win the nickel job fairly easy next season, and by '11 he'll be starting. I really think we got a steal here.

Love the Rejus Benn pick. I think three WRs have #1 potential in this draft; Dez, Demaryius and Rejus. Demaryius is the rawest of the bunch but may have the most potential and Dez has his obvious concerns surronding him. I think Dez is going to be great, but Benn really won't be too far behind. I love his physicality and theirs the Boldin comparison that gets thrown around a lot. I see some Brandon Marshall to his game too. Needless to say we'd be pretty happy if he winded up like either of those guys.

McCoy, don't need to say much about him. Great kid, great personality, should be the cornerstone of our defense. He's already said that him and Sapp have talked and Sapp plans on taking McCoy under his wing. That news should make any Bucs fan giddy.

The Price pick surprised some, but it honestly did not shock me. Their were reports before the draft that we had him rated very highly. It just shows we are sticking to our BB and really are taking the BPA for us. I like this strategy for the team. The only thing I don't like about the pick is less playing time for Roy Miller. I think he still might get in about 40% of snaps a game. Maybe we try out McCoy at DE with Miller and Price in the middle on running downs. Either way, we may have just transformed our greatest weakness into one of the team's strengths. A lot of people have been down on Price, but the production and film show a top 15 talent. McCoy and Price will push each other to be the best they can be. I can't wait to see these guys on the field together. Hell, I can't wait until mini camps too hear about these guys.

Spikes has no business in our defense. Way too slow, timed speed and game speed. I think he's out of the league in 5 years even in NE.

Damn didn't mean to write that much haha, I think I'm done for now

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We shall see on Spikes.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
We shall see on Spikes.
Actually, we won't, since he's going to be playing in a 3-4, which will have him filling an entirely different role than he would be filling in the 4-3. He's going to be asked to plug the middle, which is all he's capable of doing.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

this 4th round pick has got to be Griffen dosn't it???
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:54 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

I am loving the picks but giving up that 5th round pick is really bugging me.. We didn't have to do that, we panic'd on that move. The way the draft is working out there are a lot of good prospects that will be there in the 5th most likely - Stuckey/Assante/Blount/J.Ford/Mike Williams ect...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully we get Griffen. If not him than Campbell.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Mike Williams, WR Syracuse.

Me Likey.

I guess, Spikes kicked your mom in the shins or didn't sign an autograph for Legacy. All the hate is not good for you , bruh.

/roll eyes
Old 04-24-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCoy - special player....nuff said

Price - We need DEs, but I understand this pick because Price brings a lot more to the table than this weak DE class. Price will be a rotational guy for us but he lives in the backfield and is extremely disruptive. He could be our best pass rusher from Day 1. It's amazing that we got the 2 best interior penetrators in the draft in terms of initial quickness and burst. Price reminds me a lot of Warren Sapp. If every team ran a Tampa 2 he'd have gone WAY higher.

Benn - I'm not a huge fan of his. I don't like him as much as the other WR options TBH...especially Tate. Benn has good size, runs pretty smooth and attacks the ball well in the air, but he doesn't really stand out in any areas. He can be a solid #2 but it seems like we tried to get the closest thing to Antonio Bryant and just ended up with a downgrade. The Boldin comparisons are somewhat accurate, and it's conceivable that he ends up producing like Boldin, but players like Boldin are extreme overachievers with incredible intangibles. You can't bank on that.

Lewis - Smart pick. We needed a big CB like him and Lewis will make a good role player for us that can step in right away. I haven't seen film of him in a while but I remember being impressed with him athletically as a Jr. He fits in perfectly with our defense as a nickel guy that can press on the outside and also support the run well. We still need to get a replacement for Barber next year but Lewis is a low-risk guy that should be able to contribute for years. If every team ran a Tampa 2 he'd have gone WAY higher, just like Price.

Williams - Attitude/off-field concerns aside, I'm still not a fan of this pick. Williams is very similar to Benn in size/skillset. Is Gruden still making the calls for our offensive picks? I don't like how we keep targeting average athletes that aren't overly tall. Benn and Williams both have good WR skills but I wanted a more dynamic athlete and playmaker. We've got a QB that can make all the throws but we're limiting him by drafting WRs that struggle to separate.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where's MLR? I know he's a HUGE Price fan....

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey etk, I did LOVE the Price pick. In a couple years, we could have one of the most explosive interior d-lines in the league. I am so happy that Gruden/Allen are not running the draft anymore, we are getting real talent now.

On the WRs:
I disagree etk that you think they are average athletes. Benn is a physical specimen, he will take over the 5-15 yard area so that Freeman can get it to him quick and allow him to run after the catch.

Williams is much more of a vertical threat than Benn. He is a tremendous leaper with great ball skills, which is something he will need with Freeman's accuracy :D . I believe they complement each other very well.

I do not know much about Myron Lewis but he looks like a 6'2 zone guy with great ball skills, similair to Talib. Very excited for the future...
Old 04-25-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
hey etk, I did LOVE the Price pick. In a couple years, we could have one of the most explosive interior d-lines in the league. I am so happy that Gruden/Allen are not running the draft anymore, we are getting real talent now.

On the WRs:
I disagree etk that you think they are average athletes. Benn is a physical specimen, he will take over the 5-15 yard area so that Freeman can get it to him quick and allow him to run after the catch.

Williams is much more of a vertical threat than Benn. He is a tremendous leaper with great ball skills, which is something he will need with Freeman's accuracy :D . I believe they complement each other very well.

I do not know much about Myron Lewis but he looks like a 6'2 zone guy with great ball skills, similair to Talib. Very excited for the future...
I'll start at the bottom. Talib is more of a smooth finesse guy. Lewis is a lot more physical: he's better at jamming and supporting the run. He does have good ball skills though and his body control is surprising for a bigger CB.

I agree on your assessment of both WRs. Benn is built like a LB and he's a difficult tackle. You're right that he will be the go-to-guy in the short and intermediate area. That's why I said he can be a solid #2 and is similar to Antonio Bryant.

I like Williams' ability to attack the deep ball/fade and I agree that he's a better vertical threat than Benn.

I was hoping we would draft more explosive athletes that could stretch the field better. Benn and Williams are both possession receivers with average height. Stovall and Clayton are both possession receivers that are tall. Stroughter is a short possession receiver. Notice a trend here? Our best vertical threat is our TE.

I wanted us to take a receiver that was more dynamic with gamebreaking potential....a true #1. You might be right that Benn and Williams fit the offense well, but I can't help but think that we're handcuffing our offense Gruden-style instead of opening it up with a variety of talents. I'm sick of seeing other teams draft Chris Johnson, Percy Harvin, Dexter McCluster, etc. while we stick to our vanilla offense. Give Freeman some weapons that can either take the short pass the distance or break open deep to let him lob it over top.

I don't wanna jinx us, but Price and McCoy are quicker and better at penetration than most NFL DTs right now. Once we upgrade the RDE position with another edge rusher we'll see what the T2 is fully capable of. I LOVE that we're modeling our D after the Giants in a way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think there was a true #1 in the 2nd and beyond. Benn and Williams actually might have been the closest thing. Tate is shorter and smaller than both. LaFell scared the crap out of me with his inconsistency.

McCluster would have made me angry. Who knows if he can play WR?

The Cardinals are an example of a team without any elite speed that can always move the ball and score points. (not comparing us to the cards offense of course)
Old 04-25-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Agree with Me Likey, I don't think there was a pure #1 WR in this draft. And the closest one got snatched up by Denver. And he still has people knocking him because of the offense he played in college. Not sure if Dez is a blazer like Thomas, but he also comes with baggage (constantly late to practice and team meetings, attitude) and supposedly has a heart condition. Yes, Williams has baggage too, but they took a small risk on him considering what round they drafted him in.

/shrugs
Old 04-25-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
I dont think there was a true #1 in the 2nd and beyond. Benn and Williams actually might have been the closest thing. Tate is shorter and smaller than both. LaFell scared the crap out of me with his inconsistency.

McCluster would have made me angry. Who knows if he can play WR?

The Cardinals are an example of a team without any elite speed that can always move the ball and score points. (not comparing us to the cards offense of course)
Tate is the complete package aside from his height. He ran the gos, digs, fades, slants, etc. at ND. He can get separation but he also catches the ball well in traffic and runs extremely well after the catch (he was a HS RB). Benn seems like strictly a "tough across the middle" guy.

LaFell is no sure thing, but he's got prototypical size and athletic ability (on tape, disregard the 40).

I don't actually want McCluster. We have Stroughter at WR and Smith. I was just using him as an example of a dynamic playmaker that teams covet early in the draft.

Boldin is the rare example of a guy who's not exceptionally big or fast but gets the job done. He's the best-case scenario for Benn. Fitzgerald isn't that fast either but he has insane hops and body control. Williams could be similar, but not nearly as good, in a best-case scenario.

Still....going by that prototype we're lacking a Steve Breaston who's fast and stretches the field from the slot. DO WANT!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we drafted Dexter McCluster, but we would have had to take him where we took Price which I wouldn't do. But Etk is right we need a big time play maker. We need someone that can run by players. A guy that burns us once a year that comes to mind is Devery Henderson from NO.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

This year, I just really wanted to address our rush defense. Hated hearing about how we got buttsecksed by Carolina's 2 backs. As a Tampa fan, I am a defense first kinda guy. I want our defense get back to how it used to be, as quickly as possible.

Deep threats are cool, but I like big possession receivers more. JMO