Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: DREAM Scenario: All these guys available: WHO do YOU take?
WR Dez Bryant 4 12.12%
OT Anthony Davis 3 9.09%
OT Bruce Campbell 3 9.09%
OT Brian Bulaga 12 36.36%
OLB Brandon Graham 4 12.12%
OLB Jerry Hughes 0 0%
OLB Sergio Kindle 1 3.03%
S Taylor Mays 4 12.12%
OG Mike Iupati 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cast your vote here

Gents,

I have seen more mocks that have some studs sliding down to 23.... things happen. Guys rise (Tyson Jackson), guys fall (DeSean Jackson, Randy Moss, Thurman Thomas, Dan Marino, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, etc...).

This ALL won't happen, but SOME of them will be there are 23.
But I want to see who you guys would select at 23 if all these guys were available at that pick. Again, I have seen a ferw national mocks that have Dez there.

Remember, we just resigned tauscher and Clifton, and with those guys back last year, we only allowed 10 sacks the last 8 games-- something like that.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 03-14-2010 at 06:02 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Bruce Campbell. He's a risky pick but if he pays off it's going to be a homerun. We can afford to sit him for a year and let him develop plus he fits either a ZBS or a more power scheme, in which we run a combination of both. I wouldn't take him inside the top 20 but if he's there at 23 I'd be ecstatic.

Next on your list I'd take:

2) Anthony Davis
3) Mike Iupati
4) Sergio Kindle
5) Dez Bryant
6) Brian Bulaga
7) Brandon Graham
8) Taylor Mays
9) Jerry Hughes

Last edited by cvv84 : 03-14-2010 at 06:39 PM.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

This was so hard to vote for, J-Mike!

I had to go with Dez Bryant. He has the size, speed and "star" ability that should never be passed up. Donald is reaching the twilight of his career and pretty much went invisible down the stretch. Jordy and James profile more as slot receivers. I think Dez would be the obvious BPA.

My second choice was Mays.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:48 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff fellas!
I love seeing CVV swinging for the fences like that!
I'm a home run fan, more than singles and base on balls.

Jim Jim, it will be VAWWWWWWY INTAWESTING if Dez Bryant is on board at 23. Last year, Crabtree apparently was rated highest BPA but right behind was Raji, and we needed a NT for the 3-4 going forward, they thought. So they took BJ. I am happy with that. I think Dez Bryant is better than Crabtree, remember coming to that conclusion in 2008.

Although I would really really like to address our team achilles heel, the pass defense (it HAS to be improved), and get a young LT of the future, I would not be upset at all to take a luxury pick if it's Dez Bryant. He's got greatness written all over him.

The problem with him is that the greatest WRs of the past decade-2 are Terrell Owens and Randy Moss.... you've also had Steve Smith and Chad Johnson. And WR's never seem to be that important to winning Super Bowls. I mean Moss and TO put up numbers like nobody thru 98-2008, no rings.

I think this shows how different we all think on these players and positions. Teddy is going to please some of us, and upset some of us, no matter which way he goes. Great debates here.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im going with Bulaga... I think hes the best value there and fits in really well with our style of offense. He also projects to multiple positions, which could come in handy year 1, since it appears Tausch and Clifton may still be starters at tackle. Cant really go wrong thinking any of those OT's though.
I really wanted to pull the trigger on Graham... like lots of people on here, I think hes going to be a beast, but passing on a future LT like Bulaga was something I couldnt do.

Mr.Regular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulaga or Graham no doubt.

With that said, even with the things that happen in the draft there's about .001% chance Bulaga or Bryant are there at 23.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McShay said Dez Bryant might be the most talented WR in the draft since Calvin Johnson. I'll take his word for it, and wouldn't pass up a top 10 talent like Bryant at #23. Realistic? Not a chance it ever happens, but you said of the guys available.

It'd sure be interesting to see what TT did if those guys were actually available...I know my head would spin. I still believe Jahvid Best would be a steal late in the 1st round.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

I wish to put in a write in for the best 3-4 OLB in the draft who has just as good of a chance to fall to 23 as Dez and Bulaga do as of right now. Derrick Morgan is my boy and I have tried to watch as much film as I could on him and have loved everything I have seen.

I decide to go with Iupati to help restore a great running game. While guard isn't the worlds largest need to have to mualers like Sitton and Iupati could improve the run game a ton.

Still my favorite decision is to trade down and stock pill some more picks in a good draft. I feel we could be a big contender this season with what we have. I think depth is more important to our success than being one player away. Unless someone really drops I'd trade back and try to add as many picks as we can to fill depth problems. Trading back gives us more options without reaching the talent pool of the late first through 2nd rd are rather close. Its funny to look at mocks because the talent is so level that everyone has players all over the place. Outside of Berry, McCoy, Sue, Okung, Bradford, Claussen, Bryant and Haden many other players could go from anywhere between top 10-25 such as Davis, Bulaga, Williams, Campbell, JPP, Morgan, Thomas, Kindle, McClain, Mays, Dan Williams and so on
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
McShay said Dez Bryant might be the most talented WR in the draft since Calvin Johnson. I'll take his word for it, and wouldn't pass up a top 10 talent like Bryant at #23. Realistic? Not a chance it ever happens, but you said of the guys available.
I agree he is. I live in Texas and watched a lot of Ok State in 2008 and Texas Tech. While Crabtree was putting up astronomical #'s, Bryant appeared to be a better player.

And everyone knew Randy Moss was an ultra talent in 1998, and he lasted 20 or 21 picks. Since Moss, we have seen headache after headache at the WR position, and even Owens, 85, Moss haven't led anyone to a trophy, so it should be possible for Bryant to slide down close to the same spot Jerry Rice and Randy Moss were taken.

I can't wait for the damn draft. Bring it on..
Old 03-17-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Were Taylor Mays available, that'd be an awesome solution to what the secondary needs. Mays is a playmaker and would be a serious upgrade in the secondary and with his physique, he could play in every package. Capers would wet hisself.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:43 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Were Taylor Mays available, that'd be an awesome solution to what the secondary needs. Mays is a playmaker and would be a serious upgrade in the secondary and with his physique, he could play in every package. Capers would wet hisself.
Playmaker is kind of stretching it a bit.... usually when I think about playmakers at SS I think about a guy who has ball skills, wraps up often, and makes many plays when they come up in the box. Mays does not meet the criteria. While I will have no problem with the possiblity of him being a Packers, I am not going to kid myself and think he is great or going to make much of a difference. All you have to do is watch him.

-His coverage questionable at best and is often overmatched when forced into man on man coverage and he also struggles to locate ball in the air.

-While he has the size, power, and speed to be a force in the box he doesn't play as physical as you would think or hope.

-Not to forget his long history of forgetting to wrap up. He cares much more about is monster hits that he screws himself over and over on tackles.

I have always liked Mays but he still needs to improve on a lot of things not to be a star but just be a reliable starter. He can easily change his bad habits in tackling and I believe he could be more physical in the box but his coverage is the major question and the last thing we need is another DB who can't cover. That is my 2 cents on Mays. He has playmaking ability but he is not a playmaker yet. His tackling also did improve this season a little so that is a perk.

Eric Berry, Earl, Thomas, and Morgan Burnett are the 3 biggest playmakers from the S position. Berry is all around incredible, Thomas has the best ball skills of any DB, if he doesn't pick it he will at least knock it away. Plus he is young and still growing so he should become even more aggressive in tackling (his one weker spot beside size). Burnett has the ball-skills, he can play both FS/SS very well and is a good tackler who will lay the lumber when needed. Then I'd rate Taylor Mays with Chad Jones and Nate Allen right behind him
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:02 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
the last thing we need is another DB who can't cover.....
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.
Well said RyanBraun.
We saw plenty of that in Arizona and Sixburgh and Minnesota.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that's true. Mays' skillset is a lot like Aaron Rouse and Rouse never found a home in our defence. Mays is better but the comparison fits well I think.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
Playmaker is kind of stretching it a bit.... usually when I think about playmakers at SS I think about a guy who has ball skills, wraps up often, and makes many plays when they come up in the box. Mays does not meet the criteria. While I will have no problem with the possiblity of him being a Packers, I am not going to kid myself and think he is great or going to make much of a difference. All you have to do is watch him.

-His coverage questionable at best and is often overmatched when forced into man on man coverage and he also struggles to locate ball in the air.

-While he has the size, power, and speed to be a force in the box he doesn't play as physical as you would think or hope.

-Not to forget his long history of forgetting to wrap up. He cares much more about is monster hits that he screws himself over and over on tackles.

I have always liked Mays but he still needs to improve on a lot of things not to be a star but just be a reliable starter. He can easily change his bad habits in tackling and I believe he could be more physical in the box but his coverage is the major question and the last thing we need is another DB who can't cover. That is my 2 cents on Mays. He has playmaking ability but he is not a playmaker yet. His tackling also did improve this season a little so that is a perk.

Eric Berry, Earl, Thomas, and Morgan Burnett are the 3 biggest playmakers from the S position. Berry is all around incredible, Thomas has the best ball skills of any DB, if he doesn't pick it he will at least knock it away. Plus he is young and still growing so he should become even more aggressive in tackling (his one weker spot beside size). Burnett has the ball-skills, he can play both FS/SS very well and is a good tackler who will lay the lumber when needed. Then I'd rate Taylor Mays with Chad Jones and Nate Allen right behind him
He reminds me a lot of LaRon Landry coming out of college
Old 04-02-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
He reminds me a lot of LaRon Landry coming out of college
I never appreciated push-ups so much before.

Wow, Bryan Bulaga is the leader in the clubhouse here!
According to mocks, I guess he appears to me the least likely to still be there at 23. I remember this guy being mocked to us many months ago.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
packfan88
Rookie

packfan88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I went with Bulaga, in the mock draft I have put together Bulaga is the best available OT at that pick, and we can address CB and OLB later in the draft.
packfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

How are our special teams?
I just read this, and immediately thought of.... us. Sounds like a good fit for us, and we all know with Clay being grabbed last year (and Harrell at 16), TT is not afraid to take his guy whenever he has to.

On DEVIN McCOURTY:
"He might be the best special-teams value in the draft in addition to being a potential starting corner," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. "He’s a gunner and a jammer, and he’s a return guy.
I think he could fit in quickly in the nickel package. He’s a very, very physical defensive back. Most people have him going in the second round, but he could be a legitimate late first-round pick."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...rs_html-201041
Old 04-02-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCourty has a tendency to give up the big play and considering he played in the Big East, that does worry me a bit. He has the size and speed and style of paly to be a great player, but I have to admit that the few times I watched Rutgers this year, I wasn't blown away by anything he did to warrant a first round grade. I'd have no problem taking him in round two but I don't like the idea of him at 23.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
McCourty has a tendency to give up the big play and considering he played in the Big East, that does worry me a bit.
That's not a good habit to have as a cornerback.
And we already have 1 corner who has this trait.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Yeah, that's true. Mays' skillset is a lot like Aaron Rouse and Rouse never found a home in our defence. Mays is better but the comparison fits well I think.
What do you think of Troy Polamalu? He had equivalent stats to Taylor Mays while at USC, and he blew up in the pros in the Steelers' 3-4. I've watched Mays as a four-yer starter, 4-time all American, 3 time 1st team, and this seems to me that due to the length someone stays in school people start to try to focus on perceived faults that a player with less tape and time. Taylor Mays and Aaron Rouse have nothing in common other than height and weight.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What do you think of Troy Polamalu? He had equivalent stats to Taylor Mays while at USC, and he blew up in the pros in the Steelers' 3-4. I've watched Mays as a four-yer starter, 4-time all American, 3 time 1st team, and this seems to me that due to the length someone stays in school people start to try to focus on perceived faults that a player with less tape and time. Taylor Mays and Aaron Rouse have nothing in common other than height and weight.
We don't use our safties like the Steelers do though. We keep both guys back in coverage and if anybody is allowed to roam its Nick Collins.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Well if we end up with Mays, I will sure hope that.
But I have been saying for the past few years that Polamalu is the most valuble player on the NFL, on defense. And I think we saw that last year when he was injured. That defense was a shell of its normal self without him.

The guy is all over the field.... covering guys, making big time Ints, somehow in the backfield on 3rd & short run stops, etc.... guy has more quickness, hustle and shows more heart than anyone, although Matthews is right there with him.

Mays doesn't seem quick at all. I don't see the hustle or relentlessness TP43 shows... or is it that long hair flowing all over that makes Polamalu look so quick?????
Old 04-04-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

I might be alone on this one (actually I am as per the poll results) but im a Kindle guy all the way. There were games last year where the opposition's QB just toyed with our D and it wasnt even funny. Teams would gang up on Matthews and Jenkins and their work was done for the day. The QB had all day to throw and it was often in a clean pocket. I dont care if you have Ed Reed, Revis and Woodson covering back there cause you cant win like that.

From what i saw on tape, Kindle is more on the brute force/physical side than Matthews and hes one heck of an athlete. He can stuff the run and he has a great motor. On passing downs you can shift him inside, bring B. Jones in and have yourself one athletic crazy pass rush while sending Woodson and Collins to another pro bowl with all that pressure. To me, thats what the 3-4 defense is all about.

Dont know if he will be available but if he is its a no brainer to me. Get your Tackle in the 2nd, SS in the 3rd and you have yourself a succesful draft imo.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
I might be alone on this one (actually I am as per the poll results) but im a Kindle guy all the way. There were games last year where the opposition's QB just toyed with our D and it wasnt even funny. Teams would gang up on Matthews and Jenkins and their work was done for the day. The QB had all day to throw and it was often in a clean pocket. I dont care if you have Ed Reed, Revis and Woodson covering back there cause you cant win like that.

From what i saw on tape, Kindle is more on the brute force/physical side than Matthews and hes one heck of an athlete. He can stuff the run and he has a great motor. On passing downs you can shift him inside, bring B. Jones in and have yourself one athletic crazy pass rush while sending Woodson and Collins to another pro bowl with all that pressure. To me, thats what the 3-4 defense is all about.

Dont know if he will be available but if he is its a no brainer to me. Get your Tackle in the 2nd, SS in the 3rd and you have yourself a succesful draft imo.
I like Kindle as well. I think he's built for the 3-4 and the experience he got at OLB and DE is invaluable for a transition to playing in the 3-4. I can't see him falling to #23 though.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
I like Kindle as well. I think he's built for the 3-4 and the experience he got at OLB and DE is invaluable for a transition to playing in the 3-4. I can't see him falling to #23 though.
This poll turned out to be very interesting in the end. Bulaga (Bryan with a Y not an I) was the clear winner here way back.

And all these guys except I think Graham, Davis, and Iupati WERE available at our pick, and Kindle was available for a long time due to the knee worries that all of a sudden popped up. I still would have loved Sergio in round 2. He looked just fine the last time he played, in the BCS vs Bama.