Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-24-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Meet YOUR 2010 Baltimore Ravens Draft Class...

I'm bored so here are your new Baltimore Ravens:

Sergio Kindle, Texas, Outside Linebacker, 43rd Overall pick

Height: 6-2⅞ | Weight: 250 | 40-Time: 4.71
Totals: 46 GP 168 TKL 41.5 TFL 16.0 SCK 7 PBU

Terrence "Mount" Cody, Defensive Tackle, Alabama, 57th Overall Pick

Height: 6-3⅝ | Weight: 354 | 40-Time: 5.72
Career: 26 GP 52 TKL 10.5 TFL 0.5 SCK

Ed Dickson, Tight End, Oregon, 70th Overall Pick

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 249 | 40-Time: 4.67
Career Totals 52 GP 124 REC 1,557 YDS 12.6 YPC 12 TD

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dennis Pitta, Tight End, BYU

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 245 | 40-Time: 4.70
Career Totals 50 GP 221 REC 2,901 YDS 13.1 YPC 21 TD

David Reed, Wide Receiver, Utah

Height: 6-0⅛ | Weight: 191 | 40-Time: 4.56
Career Totals 26 GP 106 REC 1,615 YDS 15.2 YPC 11 TD|

Arthur Jones, Defensive Lineman, Syracuse

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 301 | 40-Time: 5.05
Career Totals 44 GP 145 TKL 38.5 TFL 6.5 SCK

Ramon Harewood, Offensive Lineman, Morehouse

Height: 6-6 | Weight: 341 | 40-Time: 5.11

Last edited by ccB : 04-26-2010 at 03:52 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my feedback on those three guys -

Sergio Kindle - We trade back and still manage to nag this guy! He was a top 15 talent and I have very little concern about injury, we have the best medical staff in the league. He will step in on passing downs, and be an awesome part of our pass rush rotation.

Terrence Cody - I think after getting mowed down by Cedric Benson(twice) and Adrian Peterson, it was a wakeup call to the FO that we need to shore up our aging DT's. Gregg is old and declining and Cody is just what we need in the middle. Put Ngata at the 5tech and we have a brick wall for RB's to run into.

Ed Dickson - Great vertical option at TE. I'm sure him and Pitta will be an awesome duo in 2-3 years. Might need a bit of coaching, but this guy in not the second Davon Drew. He knows how to get open and Cam Cameron will have many ways to utilize him.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my break down.

Sergio Kindle- A great steal, I wanted this guy at 25, yet we were able to slide back to 43 and get him. He is everything you think of when you think "Play like a Raven" Versatile, intense, and athletic. I love this guy.

Terrence Cody- I love this pick as well, if we took him at 25 I wouldnt have complained. Ngata and Cody is so nasty, you wont be running up the middle on us.

Ed Dickson- I like this pick as well, it gives Flacco a nice security blanket who can go up the middle and still stretch the field. He is a little raw but I think he can come in and get some playing time and do well. I think he will get some time as a red zone target as well.

David Pitta- At first I questioned this pick because we previously drafted a TE earlier. But I am starting to like it, he gives us another option and a security blanket. He has the "Play like a Raven" attitude as well.

Arthur Jones- I love this pick as well, this is a great steal. W/o injuries Jones is a 2nd round talent. Give him time to learn behind Pryce he will be real good for us.

David Reed- I like that we addressed WR, I wanted Carlton Mitchell but this guy brings nice speed and return potential to us.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know what numbers these guys will be wearing?

I'd love to see Kindle rock 99. Maybe Kruger will change.

Last edited by America : 04-24-2010 at 05:43 PM.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Kindle rocks 58, he reminds me a lot of Boulware.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/?p=5265

Quote:
Here’s the rundown:

#49 - OLB Sergio Kindle (Texas. 2)
#63 - DT Terrence Cody (Alabama, 62)
#80 - TE Ed Dickson (Oregon, 83)
#88 - TE Dennis Pitta (Brigham Young, 32)
#16 - WR David Reed (Utah, 16)
#61 - DT Art Jones (Syracuse, 97)
#78 - OL Ramon Harewood (Morehouse, 77)
Couple of strange numbers in there, but I imagine that after training camp cuts Kindle would change his number to something in the 50's or 90's. Cody might keep the 63 since his college number was 62.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

who has #62?
Old 04-26-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Hale.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I read on baltimoreravens.com that Kindle will transfer to either 50s or 90s when the final 53 roster is developed. It also said we retired #57 for Oj Brigance. IDK that but that is cool

Also I like 63 as a jersey # I might go out and get a Cody jersey this year
Old 04-26-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Get an actual size Cody jersey, it would be like wearing a parachute :).
Old 04-26-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished the post with the rest of our guys (Pitta, Reed, Jones, and Harewood) It's mostly info you probably already knew and videos you've probably already seen but I figure this can be a quick resource for those casual fans who pop in and don't know as much as we do :)
Old 04-29-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
David Hale.
Count on Cody getting that jersey. Hale sucks and should be gone.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there anywhere to watch them getting drafted? I tried you tube, and there are a few NFL network clips of the draft, but I want to see both NFLN and ESPN coverage of them getting drafted.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:12 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
Count on Cody getting that jersey. Hale sucks and should be gone.
Hale has never gotten the chance to see the field, how can you say he sucks?
Old 04-29-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hale has never gotten the chance to see the field, how can you say he sucks?
Exactly.
I get so annoyed when fans say a backup offensive lineman sucks.
Our coaches love Hale.
He's super competitive and versatile. He just never sees the field because the Ravens O-line is nasty.

- I agree that Kindle should, and probably will take 58
Old 04-29-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

he can play any position, I honestly think he is the C of the future from seeing him at C this pre-season. He looked good there.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:31 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

Quote:
Hale has never gotten the chance to see the field
Sure he has. And that is why he will continue to not have any chances to see the field. He is not that good.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:07 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sure he has. And that is why he will continue to not have any chances to see the field. He is not that good.
Really? When has somebody gone down to give him the chance? Grubbs and Yanda are two of the better guards in the game (certainly one of the best young tandems in the league) and when Yanda went down the season before last Hale was a rookie and Chester was going to get the first shot. Please, explain why he isn't good. He's going to get the first chance at being the center when Birk leaves.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

Last preseason Hale looked like he was on roller skates. I saw him get blown up repeatedly.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Last preseason Hale looked like he was on roller skates. I saw him get blown up repeatedly.
Preseason? Yeah, that's a GREAT way to evaluate a player. Regular/post season performance is pretty much the most credible way to judge how good a player is. In the preseason the backups usually aren't working with the other front-line guys so it's hard to say how they will fit in with our starters.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 04-30-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

Well, if someone is getting blown up by second and third string DLineman, then yes, preseason is a very good way to determine if someone is a player or not.