Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who had the best draft?
Dallas Cowboys 9 47.37%
New York Giants 3 15.79%
Philadelphia Eagles 7 36.84%
Washington Redskins 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Grade the rivals drafts

This should be interesting to see how your draft looks in the eyes of rival fans. The idea is simple, don't grade your team's draft, but grade the three rivals (or one/two of them). Lets get another intense NFC East debate going.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its hard to say, none of the drafts stand out as great. But if we're ranking them by how they fit the team's scheme id say that the Eagles picked perfectly for what they need besides not having that corner, are they moving Macho Harris to CB or backup?

The Cowboys obviously made the most impacting pick, Dez Bryant, i don't see how you can question that. But overall i feel their draft is a little overrated.

The Redskins, i don't like their draft really except for Dennis Morris lol. And the giants draft is just a big questionmark, where JPP looks like bust material after watching that West virginia game.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys- B-
I think Dez will bust but there is also a chance he will blow up so I won't hold that against the Cowboys here. I think the entire class is uninspiring, Sean Lee is going to be an okay starter, he is a high intangibles player but he doesn't have any spectacular physical skills. None of the last 3 picks seem like they're going to amount to anything. Really what is holding this grade up is the potential of Dez Bryant and AoA, both of whom could be really really good starters if they develop correctly (or in Dez's case, just keeps his head on straight).

Giants- C

I am 99.9% sure JPP busts on his face and I will hold that against the Giants, he is Jarvis Moss part 2. And out of their entire draft I see not one player who can contribute anything in the first 2-3 seasons, all I see are massive projects in JPP, Chad Jones and Joseph. This could become an A+ or an F-, the entire Giants draft is boom or bust.

Redskins- C

Really think they made the wrong choice in drafting Trent Williams, Okung should've been the pick. After that I like the Perry Riley and Dennis Morris picks, I think Morris is a future starter at FB and Riley will be a solid depth player at ILB in the new 3-4 defense. Also I think Capers, while really raw was worth the risk in the 7th round, he fits the zone blocking scheme well and he is a really talented athlete, I think Capers if he reaches his potential could be a good starter for the Redskins at RT or LT. But that is really boom or bust.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Cowboys top three picks. Bryant, unfortunatley for the rest of the NFC East, will be a stud. Lee is going to be very good and will be a long time starter. After that, they have Ansah, who I think will end up as a FS (Correct me if I'm wrong Dallas fans), and is a bit of a project, but has TONS of potential, and in a year or two, maybe three, could be a good player for them, regardless of position. After Ansah though, I don't see any picks that I see sticking around for a long time. Based solely on the top three picks, I give it a B or a B+.

I'm not a fan of the Giants draft, partly because of JPP, also because I'm not too high on Chad Jones. I didn't see DT as that big of a need, and question the fit, but I really, really like Linval Joseph. I think at NT he will have a better career than JPP at DE. Dillard is a solid pick, fills the need among the LB corp, and culd start, but I don't see much special in him. Petrus was a good pick fits the team and offers depth and a potential future starter. IDK much about Tracey, so I won't comment on it. If the team plans on getting young at Punter (weird having those words put together like that), I guess Dodge is a good pick. Joseph, Dillard, and Petrus help make up for JPP, and the Giants get a C+, IMO.

The Redskins drafted Williams, who fits the type of offense Shanny runs, IDK about the pick though, I still would've taken Okung. Then they add Perry Riley, who will compete in the OLB ratation, decent pick. After that, I don't see much impact, except for Selvish Capers, who could be a good backup. Keep in mind the Redskins got Jeremy Jarmon with their 3rd rounder in the supplemental draft and Donovan McNabb in this draft class, as well as a future fourth rounder. The acquisitions help boost this draft grade up a little bit to a C+.

The Eagles filled FS, a big need and DE, another significant need. With this draft, the Eagles may not need DE help for 4 or 5 years. I love the Graham pick, will be the best DE in this class IMO and is a perfect fit. Nate Allen fills a huge questionmark at FS, and fits what the Eagles want in the future at their FS. Two players I see starting right away. Daniel Te'o-Nesheim was a reach, depending who you ask, or a value, depending on who you ask. I'll go no-homer here and say he was a bit of a reach. He fits the scheme well though and was the good value for what the Eagles probably had on their big board at the time. Lindley is a reach and a bad fit, IMO, I don't really like the pick at all, except for his potential upside. I like Kafka a lot, fits the offense, has that swagger, and is good value. He could be a very good backup or a decent starter after he is fully developed. I love the Clay Harbor pick. Great fit, will stretch the field like our other TEs, and offers additional value as a blocker. Lots of upside here and good value. Keenan Clayton pick confuses me, he's supposed to be a great STer, but the value isn't good. Ricky Sapp may be overkill for pass rushers, but he is good value and he could be a RE if he builds strength, or could be a SLB. I don't really like the fit, but he was great value. I really like the Riley Cooper pick, fills a need and will fill a role that the Eagles need filled. Scott is another role we needed filled, and at decent value, I like the pick. I love Jamar Chaney, he is small, but plays strong. He fits the defense well at either MIKE or SAM. Is a force against the run and is very good in coverage as well. May already be up there with Bradley (when healthy) and Jordan as our best coverage LB. I see him starting at some point, most likely soon. Jeff Owens is a great pick, fills a need, fits the scheme, and is good value. Coleman is another player who will compete for a spot at backup SS and may make the team because the Eagles lack a real SS behind Mikell. Siorry I wrote so much about the Eagles, but they made the most picks and they are what I'm most familiar with, I give the draft a B/B+ as well.

In the end its between Dallas and Philly. Time will tell.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DT was by far our biggest need. Even if everyone is 100% healthy we only have Canty and Alford who we can depend on, keep in mind that Canty got injured for much of last year and Alford is coming off an ACL tear that could prevent him from contributing fully this year. Cofield is a mediocre backup in the rotation, but we were very thin and weak at DT.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bout them Cowboys!

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
How bout them Cowboys!
What?.. Gross...
Old 04-27-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
What?.. Gross...
They had a solid draft, imo. I just think ours was better.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez Bryant is the sex. That is all.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote