Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Best RB in NFC East?
Marion Barber, Cowboys 2 4.26%
Felix Jones, Cowboys 21 44.68%
Tashard Choice, Cowboys 6 12.77%
Lesean McCoy, Eagles 5 10.64%
Brandon Jacobs, Giants 2 4.26%
Ahmad Bradshaw, Giants 7 14.89%
Clinton Portis, Redskins 3 6.38%
Larry Johnson, Redskins 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010- Best RB in NFC East

Time to start some new threads for this season's discussion, and new polls.

Running Backs, a nice mixture of new blood and older vets. It's odd but I went Ahmad Bradshaw with this. To me aside from maybe blocking deficiencies he's the shiftiest and most productive back in the conference. He's the guy I fear stopping the most. I think Portis, Jacobs, Barber, are not scary anymore. I'm not sold yet on McCoy too. He dances and bounces out way too much. I really like Tashard Choice but he doesn't get enough carries.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has to be Felix Jones, he is so explosive and if could ever stay healthy and get enough carries he would light the league on fire.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the shittiest part of the NFC East IMHO, I went Felix Jones, I feel he played best last season, watch out for Bradshaw and Tashard Choice next year though.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like F. Jones. I think he is the best RB in the East.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, this position really fell off fast.

I love Felix, but the fact that he might be the best despite his serious durability issues shows this is one of the NFCE's weakest positions IMO.
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felix...hands down really......Even trying not to let my homer'isms show...If Felix can stay healthy he's potentially a top 5 back in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supporting Caste View Post
Man, this position really fell off fast.

I love Felix, but the fact that he might be the best despite his serious durability issues shows this is one of the NFCE's weakest positions IMO.
What gives you that impression? NFC South has the best backs collectively, IMO...but I wouldn't put the NFCE among the worst.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 05-02-2010 at 12:10 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Tashard Choice because even though he isnt the starter of his team, I feel he is the most consistent and can do everything well. I also believe that the ability to stay healthy is a huge part of being a good RB.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I clicked Choice, meant for Jones, whatever. I think it's Jones, but Choice has a great skillset too. In the future it'll most likely be between Jones and Shady...

When are we going to have the best FB thread??? WEAVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, FB thread is much too easy its so obviously Weaver.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 05-02-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best tight end thread would be interesting, Celek, Boss, Cooley, Davis, Witten are all good tight ends, although Boss is clearly the weak link in that group.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

TE is also easy, anyone who doesn't say Witten is a homer.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 05-02-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
TE is also easy, anyone who doesn't say Witten is a homer.
This. We should have a second-best TE thread, because if you think the East's top TE isn't Witten, you deserve to be shot in the face.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Time to start some new threads for this season's discussion, and new polls.

Running Backs, a nice mixture of new blood and older vets. It's odd but I went Ahmad Bradshaw with this. To me aside from maybe blocking deficiencies he's the shiftiest and most productive back in the conference. He's the guy I fear stopping the most. I think Portis, Jacobs, Barber, are not scary anymore. I'm not sold yet on McCoy too. He dances and bounces out way too much. I really like Tashard Choice but he doesn't get enough carries.
I love Ahmad, but he's gotta be healthy and prove he can be more than the third RB who comes in when D's have been beat up by Jacobs. After this year if the mighty midget has the breakout year he's capable I have no problem with someone picking him.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Best tight end thread would be interesting, Celek, Boss, Cooley, Davis, Witten are all good tight ends, although Boss is clearly the weak link in that group.
True, but we don't use our TEs as much. We are a running team, and now with all our WRs, the TE position is used more as a tendency breaker.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giving love out to MB3. Blocks, catches, runs violently, runs smart... I enjoy every time he gets the ball. He epitomizes what it means to be a Cowboy.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Giving love out to MB3. Blocks, catches, runs violently, runs smart... I enjoy every time he gets the ball. He epitomizes what it means to be a Cowboy.
He doesn't run like he used to. He never used to get taken down by the first tackler but now does consistently, and then there is the issue of staying healthy as well as stamina during games. If this were a year or two ago I'd go with him, but at this point IMO, it is more effective when they are using Tashard and Felix.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not the "best" though.:(
Old 05-02-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
He doesn't run like he used to. He never used to get taken down by the first tackler but now does consistently, and then there is the issue of staying healthy as well as stamina during games. If this were a year or two ago I'd go with him, but at this point IMO, it is more effective when they are using Tashard and Felix.
That's just not true. Totally wrong. He still breaks plenty tackles and fights for every yard.

A quick reminder...

Ask Jonathan Vilma if the Barbarian still runs hard....

lol... Barber gets up like he was the LB making the hit. hahaha.

2009-10 season

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-02-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went with Felix as well. The potential is just immense. If he can stay healthy, and show he can carry the bigger workload, that he's expected to get this year, he can be real special. A top back in this league...potentially.

I just want to see him get the touches.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Went with Felix as well. The potential is just immense. If he can stay healthy, and show he can carry the bigger workload, that he's expected to get this year, he can be real special. A top back in this league...potentially.

I just want to see him get the touches.
I agree that based off potential Felix has the most upside. But this vote is a reflection of the NOW. ...isn't it?
Old 05-02-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Semantics, dear watson....

It's basically asking who the best RB going forward is...those "flash in the pans" from Felix have people believing he'll be the best.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It has to be Felix Jones, he is so explosive and if could ever stay healthy and get enough carries he would light the league on fire.
I can't emphasize 'if' enough. Based on potential, a lot would be different but I think the question is inquiring about right now. Currently. In the present.

Quote:
It's Witten, not even remotely close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I agree that based off potential Felix has the most upside. But this vote is a reflection of the NOW. ...isn't it?
This.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

I don't think its even a question, Felix Jones is without a doubt in my mind the most talented runner in the division. Right now the division is just a collection of situational runners aside from LeSean McCoy, nobody aside from McCoy is going to carry the load this upcoming year. So who is the best at what they do? I think thats Felix Jones, he is strong enough to break tackles and fast enough to break the big one, he is everything Darren McFadden was supposed to be. He ripped the Eagles two weeks straight like they hadn't been ripped in about half a decade, he ran for 239 yards in 2 weeks on the Eagles defense. Ever since he returned that kick for a touchdown his rookie season he has been the player I fear most on the Cowboys, he is just too explosive.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Felix Jones, but just to mention his name, I'll say I think LeSean McCoy is going to be much improved this season. He's in much better shape and will be both quicker and stronger this year. Apparently he was around 217 last year but was really soft, he looks jacked this year compared to last year.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

My problem with McCoy isn't size. He has enough bulk to hold up, it's running style. I'm not sure that's something so easily changed. Reggie Bush for example is big enough to take a beating running hard inside yet he still tends to try to bounce everything. There's pro's to McCoy's running style but it can hurt his team.