Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-03-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'd actually take Jerry Manuel over him which is saying quite a bit.
I would take anyone over Baker. I hope to god we have a bad season just so they will let him go.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
andy525

www.enjoynike.com
Old 05-03-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ubaldo's scoreless streak just ended at 26 consecutive innings.

Wow.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Dusty over Manuel, but that's because I don't like making potential stud pitchers into Octavio Dotel.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'd take Dusty over Manuel, but that's because I don't like making potential stud pitchers into Octavio Dotel.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
With Miguel Montero on the DL I have Ivan Rodriguez starting at catcher, should I drop him for Wilson Ramos?
no one???????

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
no one???????
I'd just roll with Pudge for a while.

And with Wood/Prior's pitching motions, they were going to be ****** eventually. Dusty just sped up the process for them.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-03-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd just roll with Pudge for a while.

And with Wood/Prior's pitching motions, they were going to be ****** eventually. Dusty just sped up the process for them.
I have heard this argument about Prior, but never about Wood.
This is still one of my happiest moments as a Cubs fan.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodeur what the hell are you talking about. Everyone and everything I ever saw about Prior said he had perfect mechanics. Where did you come up with that that?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fenikz go with Ramos. He's a very good hitter and he'd bet starting but he's been held back because of Mauer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-04-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Brodeur what the hell are you talking about. Everyone and everything I ever saw about Prior said he had perfect mechanics. Where did you come up with that that?
Prior had the inverted w, so that's not entirely true.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Prior had the inverted w, so that's not entirely true.
Coming out of college and in the minors can you show me anywhere that said his mechanics would be a problem?

sig by BoneKrusher
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I have heard this argument about Prior, but never about Wood.
This is still one of my happiest moments as a Cubs fan.

Wood has the Inverted L, Prior has the Inverted W.

RIP TheManInBlack
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
http://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/...Mechanics.html

Old 05-04-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

2007 was after the fact.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-04-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

This was the best article I found on Prior. It makes sense from what I remember and then what happened. Actually a great article.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-prior031109

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-04-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the Internetz.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the Internetz.
Good thing Sabean didn't listen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-04-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I'm with you GF. I clearly remember everyone touting Prior's mechanics as being rock solid. It's why I was pretty shocked when he had continuous arm issues. It's also why I no longer put any stock in what people believe to be "sound mechanics."

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Thanks Borat. I 100% think his problems were from workload more than mechanics.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-04-2010, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Yeah, forget the inverted W, Prior had the inverted Dusty. Death sentence.

Hey, isn't an inverted W just a regular M?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wood has the Inverted L, Prior has the Inverted W.
Which is why I worry about Ubaldo, although it's not a true inverted L, it's still a herky jerky unnecessary strain on the forearm/elbow when he cocks the pitch behind him to try and hide it more.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, forget the inverted W, Prior had the inverted Dusty. Death sentence.

Hey, isn't an inverted W just a regular M?
how did you make the upside down W?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And I'm with you GF. I clearly remember everyone touting Prior's mechanics as being rock solid. It's why I was pretty shocked when he had continuous arm issues. It's also why I no longer put any stock in what people believe to be "sound mechanics."
When Prior came into the league everyone started to copy those mechanics, House always called them the "Equal opposites" many people who have studied mechanics have came to the conclusion that they may have lead to his injuries, like previous posters said.

Thing that is interesting to me is if you look at pictures of Strasburg and Prior they look very very similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:26 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz, you hit alt+f4