Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 05-03-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Boston Sports Discussion

Why not? We have a lot of Sox, Celtics, and Bruins fans on here.

Bruins play game 2 against Philly tonight

Celtics are down 0-1 to the Cavs

Sox are looking shaky now, but that will end when we get Adrian Gonzalez at the deadline

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruins are tied 1 up after the first period, Celts about to start. It would be nice to take one in Cleveland early as would taking both at home against the Flyers.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-03-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Sox-

Our starting pitching has one of the worst ERA in the league
VMart and Papi have a combined 13 RBI's
Our improved D (*) has made the 2nd most errors in the league
We seriously suck right now

Celtics

I like what we're doing but Pierce needs to step up and so does our bench.
Rondo can't carry this team by himself... yet

Bruins

Don't watch hockey but am still a homer.
My friends were Buffalo fans too so that's even sweeter
Go Bruins!!!

Pats

Nice draft!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Sox need to start playing well soon or they could be in a huge hole that they may not be able to climb out of. I think they will eventually put things together, but I just hope it isn't too late.

Celtics, as much as I don't want to say this, will lose handily to the Cavs because Lebron gets literally every call, regardless of where the game is being played. I hate watching the NBA because the referees control the game more than any official in any sport should. If I were an NBA player I would snap on a ref at some point, I know I would.

Not a huge hockey guy, I know how the Bruins are doing, good or bad, but don't really watch them consistently, even now. If Tuuka keeps playing like he has been, they can make a run, especially if they can get a few guys back from injury. Losing Sturm does hurt though.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really, really disappointed in Beltre this year. I thought he was going to be an absolute steal and really reclaim his career here. He's got a good pull swing when he's on, and it doesn't take much to get it over the monster/hit it. But he hits the ball on the ground soooo much. ****** defense out of him so far too.

EDIT: Literally right after I posted this, Beltre hits his first dinger over the Monster. Lol.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 05-03-2010 at 08:51 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I was never a Beltre fan, I didn't really like the signing too much. Everyone knows he's inconsistent and can disappear for long stretches, but he has a ton of talent.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-03-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a really, really good defensive player with near unlimited range at third. Really strong arm too. That's always been there for him until now. That alone would have been great, but we haven't got that yet.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-03-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey all three won today. Celtics looked sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah it was a good day to start this up. The Bruins are in good shape starting 2-0 on Philly, we look better than we have all year. Taking one in Cleveland was huge for the Celts, too. The Sox knew this team was going to rely on its pitching and defense, we need to get those units doing their jobs and we need to add some power.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-03-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game by the Bruins. Gotta love Lucic.

And oh by the way, I'm going to the Red Sox game tomorrow. Try to contain your jealous rage.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Great game by the Bruins. Gotta love Lucic.

And oh by the way, I'm going to the Red Sox game tomorrow. Try to contain your jealous rage.
I would be jealous, but I have Sox/Phillies intreleague tickets for a Friday night game on June 11. Birthday present, and I'm going to Abe and Louies before. It's going to be ballin.

Tomorrow will be fun too if it is anything like today's game.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-04-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Doubt it will be.

Buchholz has really impressed me this year. He isn't walking as many and he's getting his breaking pitches over. The question with him was never of talent. He's got number one starter stuff. Seems worlds more comfortable this year. Key for him is to cut down on the hard contact and locate his pitches better. Should lead to more K's.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-04-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

If we do make a move for Adrian Gonzalez, which I hope we try to do, Bucholz will most likely be a part of it. I like him and he is really talented, but if we can ship him and a prospect for a legit slugger I'd be down. I love his ability but the fact is we need power now and he has been really inconsistent, I'd hate to see it end up being a Hanley type of situation but it would make sense now just like the Beckett deal did.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-04-2010, 01:25 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bruins definitely have the look of a team getting hot at the right time. Getting Savard back is nice, too. I have been watching a ton of hockey over the last few months but really have no idea how good some of the other teams are this year. My only complaint is that I'm on vacation in Utah and have to watch the Bs online and it's a 480 display . . . I think it's called SDTV - stoneage definition television. lol

Celtics are also playing well at the right time. But I definitely agree with Burt on the officiating for the NBA. The top few guys get away with everything and still get all the cheap fouls called in their favor every time. It's ugly to watch.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 05-04-2010 at 01:29 AM.
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:16 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had very low expectations for the Sox this year even before the season started. They couldn't hit last year and they went out and signed a bunch of guys this offseason that also can't hit. The so-called strategy was to improve the pitching and defense. So they improve the pitching by signing Lackey, who is an ok, not great, pitcher. And I don't think Marco Scutaro is anything special. Just another journeyman shortstop who can't hit.

As for the Celts, they'd win every game if they didn't have to play the fourth quarter. I didn't turn the game on last night until it was early in the fourth. Watched for about 15 minutes and did not see the Celts score a point, while the Cavs went on a 15-0 run. Turned it off just hoping that their wasn't enough time for the Cavs to make the complete comeback.

I rarely get to see the B's, but it's good to see them playing well. They were good last year and I was surprised they struggled so much this year. I guess they have had a lot of injuries that held them back. This is a good time for them to get hot.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:08 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Sox had a ton of turnover. They'll be fine, just give it some time. We're used to strong April's, but this is a different team. Lots of injuries hasn't helped. Not sure what to think of the pitching. Beckett will probably be up and down all year, and Wakefield is done. Bring up Bowden, and hope Dice-K turns it around enough to be a 5th... I wrote Lackey off when they signed him...he's going to be horrible in Boston.

Good to see the C's play all of Game 2 the way they played the first half of Game 1. Pretty optimistic about this series, and they won't have to worry about Hedo Turkaglo if they get past Cleveland.

Bruins are looking great. They actually improved with Savard's return, and go to Philly with a 2-0 lead. I don't know who I want to win between Pittsburgh and Montreal... On one hand, the Habs are the 8th seed...on the other hand, I know it's going to be a grueling 7-game series...
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does everyone feel about Ortizs situation right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
If we do make a move for Adrian Gonzalez, which I hope we try to do, Bucholz will most likely be a part of it. I like him and he is really talented, but if we can ship him and a prospect for a legit slugger I'd be down. I love his ability but the fact is we need power now and he has been really inconsistent, I'd hate to see it end up being a Hanley type of situation but it would make sense now just like the Beckett deal did.
Hate trading pitchers to the National League. It always looks like you got screwed, because most of them end up being awesome.

As far as power goes, former top ten prospect(in baseball, not just for the Sox) Lars Anderson has been hitting like a monster in AA this year and was recently promoted to Pawtucket. His problem was always that he didn't pull the ball and hit too many grounders for a guy his size, but those numbers have finally corrected themselves. If we don't trade for a power bat, or even if we do, we could get some help from him after the All Star Break.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-05-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Sox looked pretty good today, the offense still needs work but Ortiz and Beltre hit bombs. Lackey looked legit and Bard/Papelbon worked the way it is supposed to.

The Bruins are looking nasty right now. One more win and we're in the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time in 18 years, this was not supposed to be the year we make it this far.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-06-2010, 12:44 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crazy. Hot at the right time. I almost want a loss Friday to keep them playing. A sweep means an awful lot of time off between games.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:44 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Beltre driving the ball is a very good sign. He projects very well as a right handed Fenway hitter, so long as he drives the ball. Needs to stop that slap ****. I'll take a batting average thirty points lower for more extra base hits. The team really is firing on all cylinders the past few games. The defense has been better too. Honestly, I'm cautiously optimistic about us after Jocoby and Cameron come back.

We need to ******* do something with Ortiz though. He's been better lately, but why wait for him to be a productive hitter when we have Hermida and Lowell sitting on the bench for him at times? If this was anyone else but Ortiz, he would be gone. We've gone through two years of the same stuff now and it just doesn't cut it when you have to beat two teams for the division/wild card.

Oh, and we might have a norse god arriving to help us soon.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 05-06-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Crazy. Hot at the right time. I almost want a loss Friday to keep them playing. A sweep means an awful lot of time off between games.
Now Krejci is done for the playoffs along with Sturm. No good.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-06-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

That sucks. I didn't see that. I keep forgetting about the time difference and missing half the game. lol

By the time I started watching online it was already 3-1 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd. I saw the empty net goal, though. :D

Old 05-07-2010, 01:08 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Daisuke looked better tonight. He's a guy that takes awhile to get going, like Lester and Beckett. It's always been an adventure with him, but there's been some really good moments too. Hopefully he can get himself right physically and give us some help this season.

Nice to see Hermida come up big again. Really feel like we have something with him. He plays an excellent Fenway left field already and he's still got offensive upside. Nice to have a younger lefty hitter to try to develop. He's got some power potential too, which is nice.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-08-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF happened to beckett?
One second he was lights out- the other he couldn't control any pitch

It really sucks too when ALL your teams lose on the same day

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote