Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-03-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagle fan here but not a homer. Today I saw a dude out here in Detroit wearing a white #88 Dez Bryant jersey and it looked out cold! I considered buying one too, but then I remembered I was a Eagles fan.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure it wasn't an Antonio Bryant Jersey?
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Has anyone checked out profootballfocus ratings over at BTB's? If you havent here are some links, its pretty good info.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/...boys#storyjump

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/...boys#storyjump
How Romo ended up 15th is beyond me. He was a top 5 QB last year. A guy who had an MVP type season shouldn't make it that low, so these rankings are obviously not perfect.

With that being said, it's nice to see Anthony Spencer ranked #3 in the whole league. I love seeing this guy get praise, because it puts some egg on the face of my friends who say that he sucks.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a small update on Ogletree per roto:

Quote:
The Cowboys like Kevin Ogletree as a slot receiver, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
Ogletree's long-term sleeper outlook obviously took a major hit when the Cowboys drafted Dez Bryant. If/when Roy Williams falters or is cut, it will be Bryant stepping in. Still, with Patrick Crayton on the trading block, all hope is not lost for Ogletree. He remains a Dynasty league stash.
Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Just a small update on Ogletree per roto:
FYI Chris Mortensen said the Rams were gonna take Jimmy Clausen #1 overall. Just sayin'. ;)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something interesting for you guys to hear..

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...3CA140F5FBC093

Cowboys Assistant DB Coach Brett Maxie On Barry Church...
"I'm going to try to work him at both (safety spots) because he's got enough athletic ability to play on the weak side," Maxie said. "Our strong safety is the guy we ask to do most of the coverage."

I'm sure most of you thought that our FS would be held most responsible for coverage... I did.

This speaks volumns.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

"I'm going to try to work him at both (safety spots) because he's got enough athletic ability to play on the weak side," Maxie said. "Our strong safety is the guy we ask to do most of the coverage."

I'm sure most of you thought that our FS would be held most responsible for coverage... I did.

This speaks volumns.
Yeah it does. I wonder how that will change with AOA coming in. I figured that the FS would be responsible for most of the coverage too.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They bring in stats that you never thought could be brought out. Where a website has players ranked is sometimes down right funny.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This speaks volumns.

Sensy is our SS. He was asked to cover the TEs 1 on 1 a lot last year. It's very similar to the SOLB...they have more coverage responsibilities because they are on the "strong" side of the field where the TE/WRs are to unbalance the line.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Sensy is our SS. He was asked to cover the TEs 1 on 1 a lot last year. It's very similar to the SOLB...they have more coverage responsibilities because they are on the "strong" side of the field where the TE/WRs are to unbalance the line.
Oh is that what "strong" side means?

The thing about his statement that confused me is that it made me believe that the FS is the "in the box" guy and the SS is the centerfielder.

But I think you interpreted it more correctly in that he meant "more coverage" meant having to cover the TE. NOT that "more coverage" meant being the centerfielder.

Carry on people... it was a matter of semantics that threw me off. Our FS still has to have better coverage skills. The SS has more coverage assignments...I guess is what Maxie was saying.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-carpenter/

Two first-round disappointments may get traded for one another soon.

PFT has learned from a league source that the Rams and Cowboys have discussed a trade that would send tackle Alex Barron to Dallas for linebacker Bobby Carpenter.

Carpenter was limited to passing downs last year, and has rarely contributed much to the Cowboys attack. Barron is a false start machine, but has started 74 games in five seasons.

There are contractual issues at play for both players that may need to get resolved. Carpenter is entering the final year of his rookie contract. Barron is a restricted free agent.

While this is only a rumor for now, we hear the deal has a good chance of getting done.
Please let this happen!!!! This will just top off an already great offseason. Give us the much needed depth on the line, and will give Houck options, all the while getting rid of a disappointing player in Barbie in a crowded position. This is win/win.

Now if only we can sign Atwoge to mentor AOA for 2 years!

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 05-06-2010 at 12:46 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just reading this news, I would be so ******* happy if this could happen :D

Carpenter is close to being cut, I would gladly take some Tackle depth, or hell ANYONE for him at this point. I don't want to get too excited yet, but I really hope we push to get this done.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope this gets done.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bodes well for Sean Lee. :) 'Barbie' is a terrible 3-4 backer. A change of scenery to a 4-3 team with low expectations actually may be a perfect fit. And for Barron perhaps the removal of all expectations and having Houck as a coach might motivate him into becoming a starting caliber player. He's at minimum a good swing tackle (backup). Average starter at this stage.

Perhaps we toss in Crayton and receive Atogwe in return -_- :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barron is freaking garbage...but I'd do it. Helps the crappy depth here and gets rid of Carp. Like I said in the other thread, I wish we'd throw in Hurd. That receiving core is awful, he can get some real play there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

This NEEDS to happen. Barron is trash at the moment, but expectations here would be low and maybe he could revive his career with a new start.

Carpenter in the 4-3 is where he fits best. Lining next to another OSU alum Laurinaitis should be nice for him too.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

The problem with Barron is largely mental. He gave up a league leading 14 penalties last year. 2 more than Flozell.

He's always had the athleticism to make you drool. His technique may not be up to par, but that says something considering how long he's been in the league.

He gave up 7 sacks last year. If you calculate sacks given up per snap, then he did better than guys like Jason Peters, Ryan Clady, Branden Albert, Bryant McKinnie, Eugene Monroe, Jordan Gross, Mike Gandy, Levi Jones, Jermon Bushrod, Max Starks and Flozell... amongst others.

So while he has some big time warts, there is at least some potential for him here as a back up. I'm all for it if it means getting rid of a liability like Carp.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing at all wrong with getting an average OT to provide depth and you only have to give up a player that not is in your future plans and you have depth there.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Barron is freaking garbage...but I'd do it. Helps the crappy depth here and gets rid of Carp. Like I said in the other thread, I wish we'd throw in Hurd. That receiving core is awful, he can get some real play there.
Why would you want to throw in another player if they would just take Barbie? I want Hurd to get his chance eventually also but I don't want to just give him away if their set on something as is.

And Carpenter is garbage too, but I'd gladly take another garbage player at a position we need alot more and hope a change of scenery helps. He's just depth anyway and wouldn't start unless something seriously went wrong.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why would you want to throw in another player if they would just take Barbie? I want Hurd to get his chance eventually also but I don't want to just give him away if their set on something as is.

And Carpenter is garbage too, but I'd gladly take another garbage player at a position we need alot more and hope a change of scenery helps. He's just depth anyway and wouldn't start unless something seriously went wrong.
Hurd's probably going to get cut, that's why I'd throw him in. I love Hurd but, I hate the fact that he's buried on the depth chart and he's never going to get a real shot in Dallas. St. Louis would be a great situation for him. If things stay as is, and Crayton stays, that means Hurd would be the 6 WR. That means he would be inactive damn near every game if we kept 6. I dont want to see that happen to him.

And I never said I was opposed to the trade...I've wanted Carpenter out of here for some time. Just pointing out that Barron blows...it's a bust for a bust. No one is expecting Barron to start or anything.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Well Hurd getting cut may be the best thing for him, if he clears waivers he gets to pick. Granted, there aren't many better options then STL because he'd get alot of chances to play anyway. Still, would be nice to choose where you want to play also.

I was with you in that I expected Carp to be cut, so if we can increase O-line depth I'm for it.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Garbage depth, LOL.

Disagree about the depth though, this only pertains to what the FO is trying to do here -- They missed in the draft for pass blocking talent at OLT (AKA Doug Free insurance) so they're going after Barron. Maybe they think they can coach him into not holding or whatever. He can't blow the freaking snap count more than flo did, I don't believe that's physically possible. Sam Young is the depth.

Maybe's all speculation, but what about all these question marks over Columbo, does the coaching staff believe this too? Should he be paranoid about being the next one traded? I realize he regressed last season but isnt his job to lose?

I agree with mothman, take him. Carpenter shouldve gone away long ago.

Last edited by LizardState : 05-06-2010 at 03:10 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The problem with Barron is largely mental. He gave up a league leading 14 penalties last year. 2 more than Flozell.

He's always had the athleticism to make you drool. His technique may not be up to par, but that says something considering how long he's been in the league.

He gave up 7 sacks last year. If you calculate sacks given up per snap, then he did better than guys like Jason Peters, Ryan Clady, Branden Albert, Bryant McKinnie, Eugene Monroe, Jordan Gross, Mike Gandy, Levi Jones, Jermon Bushrod, Max Starks and Flozell... amongst others.

So while he has some big time warts, there is at least some potential for him here as a back up. I'm all for it if it means getting rid of a liability like Carp.
He was also blocking for a statue. I wonder how many of those sacks would have occurred with a mobile Romo under center?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Tap the breaks a bit on Barron being garbage. He's about average. He does struggle with false starts, but his sack numbers aren't awful.

This is from stats.com:

Year Team G GS Pen Yds False Start Holding Sacks Allwd Yds
2005 StL 12 11 16 115 9 4 5.75 39.25
2006 StL 16 16 14 75 13 1 8.75 66.25
2007 StL 16 16 13 81 9 2 3.50 28.50
2008 StL 16 15 9 46 7 1 7.50 66.00
2009 StL 16 16 11 80 5 5 7.50 35.00
Totals 76 74 63 397 43 13 33.00 235.00

By comparison, Flo gave up 8 & 7.25 the last two years.

I think Barron suffers from the same problem as Carp - the perception of their play versus where they were drafted. If Carp had been a 3rd or 4th rounder, we would be disappointed, but not nearly as much since he was a first rounder. I'm sure that's the same for Barron. If he were even a 2nd rounder, I'm sure STL would be more content with him.

-Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by Macarthur : 05-06-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

If the trade goes down, it'll just be meh for me. I don't really care if Carp is gone or not, and I doubt Barron would do anything here. It's basically two teams trading players they'll cut, so it's not too enticing to me. I guess they can't get any picks for anyone right now.