Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the 2nd best TE in the NFC East?
Brent Celek 17 53.13%
Chris Cooley 12 37.50%
Kevin Boss 2 6.25%
Fred Davis 1 3.13%
Martellus Bennett 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2nd best TE in the NFC East

Was going to say best but I think Jason Witten would run away with it. I think it's Brent Celek but I want to see what other NFC East fans think.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been a huge Cooley fan, but I can't hate. Celek is a hard nosed, tough ass TE who does everything really well, when Philly got him you could tell the difference when they had a legit TE.

I just wish Jerry had listened to me when I tried to tell him to take Jermichael Finley over Martellus Bennett. Got damn you Jerruh!!!! :(:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure the answer is Martellus Bennett. :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:12 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Celek, Cooley and Boss are the contenders right? I wish there was somebody better than Celek, but that isnt the case, Celek, is the pick. Im a big fan of Jason Witten, dudes a complete package.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably going to just make Celek lose by approving of him and I will likely be called a homer but I really don't see how this can't be Celek, he was a monster last season. Last season Brent Celek was more productive than any year of Chris Cooley's career.

I actually think Fred Davis might be better than Cooley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Celek, Cooley and Boss are the contenders right? I wish there was somebody better than Celek, but that isnt the case, Celek, is the pick. Im a big fan of Jason Witten, dudes a complete package.
WTF? Are you THAT concerned about being a homer? You're so concerned that you wish you could vote for someone else instead of a player on your favorite team? And then you answer a completely different question just to make it so you don't look like a homer? Wow, thats dumb.

Last edited by Thumper : 05-04-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Cooley, Celek may have out produced him but Cooley has never had the talent around him that Celek had last year, Djax is already much better than Santana Moss ever really was in Washington and McNabb is by far the best QB Cooley will have ever caught passes from. If Cooley's healthy this year he'll be knocking on the door of the league's top 5, Celek, while a very good TE and probably top ten or close, but lets see him put up another year or two of exceptional performance first.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Celek may be an ugly mother ******, but he is a damn good TE, and just barely gets the edge over Cooley right now for me. If this would be comparing Celek now to Cooley 2 or 3 years ago, I'd probably pick Cooley, as I do believe both are very good (Boss too) and both are players I really like. I think Celek will continue to outproduce Cooley, and this time next year, he will widen the gap, as Celek is ascending and Cooley is getting a little age to him, and descending.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post

WTF? Are you THAT concerned about being a homer? You're so concerned that you wish you could vote for someone else instead of a player on your favorite team? And then you answer a completely different question just to make it so you don't look like a homer? Wow, thats dumb.
Are you THAT bad at reading? You're so blind in your homerism that you call a guy out on your own team for not answering a question when he clearly did. And then you go out of your way to try to make him look like an ass? Wow, that's dumb.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:29 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I'm probably going to just make Celek lose by approving of him and I will likely be called a homer but I really don't see how this can't be Celek, he was a monster last season. Last season Brent Celek was more productive than any year of Chris Cooley's career.

I actually think Fred Davis might be better than Cooley.

LMFAO, thats just Thumper being Thumper. It had been some time since he had said something like that to me. Thumper might be a huge homer, but he hates Eagles fans. Thumper, go practice safe sex and go **** your self.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say this is easily Celek as well, actually. I'd probably take Fred Davis over Cooley.
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I voted for Cooley, Celek may have out produced him but Cooley has never had the talent around him that Celek had last year, Djax is already much better than Santana Moss ever really was in Washington and McNabb is by far the best QB Cooley will have ever caught passes from. If Cooley's healthy this year he'll be knocking on the door of the league's top 5, Celek, while a very good TE and probably top ten or close, but lets see him put up another year or two of exceptional performance first.
Celek is gifted, but I think McNabb really allowed him to shine last season. I think his numbers drop slightly from last year, but there's no question he's a pro bowl caliber TE.

Boss IMO is the least talented IMO of the starting TEs in the NFCE, yet he has a SB ring was good enough to make Jeremy Shockey expendable.

The biggest compliment I can give to all the top TEs in the division would be this; if someone put a gun to my head and forced me to give up Chris Cooley for Celek/Witten/Boss, I wouldn't be that pissed about it.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Celek is gifted, but I think McNabb really allowed him to shine last season. I think his numbers drop slightly from last year, but there's no question he's a pro bowl caliber TE.

Boss IMO is the least talented IMO of the starting TEs in the NFCE, yet he has a SB ring was good enough to make Jeremy Shockey expendable.

The biggest compliment I can give to all the top TEs in the division would be this; if someone put a gun to my head and forced me to give up Chris Cooley for Celek/Witten/Boss, I wouldn't be that pissed about it.
I trash donovan enough but he does like his TE, hell he got LJ Smith to put up numbers and that guy had simply atrocious hands. That said I'm not sure Celek's numbers will drop much if they do at all, I could see Kolb turning to his nasty TE quite a bit as he gets settled into the offense.

Boss isn't very fast but as a giants fan I love the guy, he'll make the toughest of catches, the dude just holds onto the ball, is huge and has really come around as a blocker, in another offense I think he could put up some really nice numbers, at least in the TD department even though he can't stretch the field. Having him and Steve Smith is awesome on third downs.

that's a very reasonable point, I love Boss and I still wouldn't be pissed if he was traded for any of the other TEs in this division, Dallas would be pissed losing Witten but that's because he's the best TE in the league.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry but while that does seem like a fair argument, it just doesn't sound like you really know what you're talking about. There are multiple reasons why barring injury, Celek should have an even better season this year.

- Celek had perhaps his 2 best games of the season last year with Kolb at QB, going over 100 yards in both games.
- TEs tend to be a young QB's best friend.
- Kolb and Celek are actually really good friends off the field.
- Kolb is more accurate on short to intermediate routes than Donovan, which is the part of the field Celek will get the most action.
- Kolb can get the ball to Celek in stride better than Donovan, which can allow Celek to excel in YAC which is perhaps his best asset as a TE.
- Kolb will check down to the TE much more because he won't be trying as hard to make the spectacular play as McNabb did.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:45 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because I said that I think Celek's #s may drop slightly with McNabb gone, to you it sounds like ' I don't know what I'm talking about'??

Harsh.

Imagine if I'd ripped Celek as the most overrated TE in the league!!

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 05-10-2010 at 10:21 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:41 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Because I said that I think Celeb's #s may drop slightly with McNabb gone, to you it sounds like ' I don't know what I'm talking about'??

Harsh.

You have no idea how much this confused me, hahaha.

You have a point, McNabb does have a history of maximizing the potential of his receiving options, but like EF77 said, there is just as much evidence saying Celek will improve (if not more), than there is evidence leading one to believe he will drop off. Kolb has the accuracy to fit the ball in windows that McNabb just couldn't do, as well as understand touch and the arc on his throws better than McNabb, which will make for some easier catches in some cases, and some catches in traffic that McNabb wouldn't have been able to make. I think Celek's numbers go up a little bit this year, nothing drastic, but he will improve.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Because I said that I think Celeb's #s may drop slightly with McNabb gone, to you it sounds like ' I don't know what I'm talking about'??

Harsh.

Sorry man, I really didn't mean to sound like an a-hole, because you definitely were being fair and gave Celek his props and stuff. I just meant you were making assumptions, like McNabb is a great QB, Kolb is unproven, so therefore Celek's numbers should go down (at least that's how I took it). What I'm trying to say is out of all the receivers on the team, if there is one that I'd actually bet on improving on his numbers from last year to this year, it'd be Celek, for the reasons I gave in my other post.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Celek for me.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Who's Celeb??LOL

Don't ask me. You wrote it, brah.
Yes, I am talking out loud to myself!!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Sorry man, I really didn't mean to sound like an a-hole, because you definitely were being fair and gave Celek his props and stuff. I just meant you were making assumptions, like McNabb is a great QB, Kolb is unproven, so therefore Celek's numbers should go down (at least that's how I took it). What I'm trying to say is out of all the receivers on the team, if there is one that I'd actually bet on improving on his numbers from last year to this year, it'd be Celek, for the reasons I gave in my other post.
You ******* DICK!!! ;)