Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who will be the next team to make the BCS title game?
Auburn 5 8.33%
Boise State 21 35.00%
Georgia 3 5.00%
Michigan 5 8.33%
Notre Dame 3 5.00%
Oregon 7 11.67%
Penn State 9 15.00%
TCU 2 3.33%
Utah 0 0%
Other (name who) 5 8.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which will be the next program to make the BCS championship game, and when?

Just curious what the consensus is around here. Here are the list of teams who have already made the BCS title game.

Oklahoma
Ohio State
Florida State
Florida
Alabama
LSU
USC
Texas
Miami
Tennessee
Nebraska
Virginia Tech

Notable names not on the poll: Iowa, Wisconsin, Clemson, Ole Miss, UCLA, West Virginia

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 05-14-2010 at 02:46 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Boise State runs the table this year, I think they'll have a great shot at getting in.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan because, well, I'm a homer.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Penn State. Good recruiting base and good program stability. Also, unlike the in the SEC or the ACC, only 1 team (Ohio State) has been to the NC game from the Big Ten. That's a big advantage for teams from the Big Ten and the Pac 10.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its easier to get to the BCS NC game as a non-OSU big10 team than a non-USC pac10 team so i picked PSU over oregon. Was tempted to pick boise but and be a homer and pick ND but I could resists

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Penn State for me..
Old 05-14-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If none of these teams reach it in about the next 4 years, watch out for Clemson.

Their recruiting class this year could be insane.

Aside from that, I don't see Georgia staying quiet for long, and Penn State's another good bet.

Miami could also make a play.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
If none of these teams reach it in about the next 4 years, watch out for Clemson.

Their recruiting class this year could be insane.

Aside from that, I don't see Georgia staying quiet for long, and Penn State's another good bet.

Miami could also make a play.
Miami's already made it twice. This is a list of teams who haven't reached the title game yet.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big proponent of what Kelly is doing over there in Oregon, and although I'm not necessitating that they reach the title game this year or even the next, it's going to happen in due time. Nonetheless, October 30th @ the Coliseum could potentially be a very important date, as I see it. It's going to be a very interesting rivalry to follow over the years to see two of the greater young offensive minds in college football duke it out. Hopefully we'll pull through more often than not.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was hard to not vote Boise. Their a team who I would of probably been upset made the Title game a few years ago, but they beat OU on the big stage, beat TCU down, continually go undefeated so I don't see why they wouldn't deserve an opportunity to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This came down to Penn State, Oregon, and Boise for me. All are consistently good in recruiting and on field performance, all come from conferences that are 'due' for a title contender (USC only Pac-10 team, OSU only Big 10 team, and Boise from the WAC), and I can see either of these 3 teams competing for a title in the coming seasons, as soon as this year.

I went with Boise because I can really see them running the table this year, but I could have gone with any of those.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of those who haven't made it yet, I think Boise clearly is the odds on favorite to be the next. Can't sleep on TCU though. Penn State seems like they knock on the door a lot but they don't get the draw of luck to get in. In 2005 they were on pass to Mario Manningham from going undefeated in the regular season. Two years ago they slipped against Iowa. They have the talent to get there.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to say Boise, but I went with TCU because I like them more.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:52 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I voted Penn State. Good recruiting base and good program stability. Also, unlike the in the SEC or the ACC, only 1 team (Ohio State) has been to the NC game from the Big Ten. That's a big advantage for teams from the Big Ten and the Pac 10.
This is why I voted Penn State. Oregon is also in a very similar situation. The quality of the teams in the Pac-10 has gone down in the last couple years. We don't know if USC will be able to maintain their level without Carroll. If they stay ahead of USC for another year or two, they have a legitimate shot at making the NC.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say Notre Dame. They added Brian Kelly and are able to recruit nationally. They don't have the hurdle of a conference championship game and their popularity would be an advantage if the BCS had to pick between them and another team or two.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just going with a hunch with Auburn, but it'll depend on if Gus Malzahn stays on as the OC for a few more seasons. They're recruiting great, and having a great season in the SEC will trump other teams in other conferences.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

North Carolina

*runs*
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boise should. They lose Kyle Wilson who IMO, wasn't their best DB last season and he went in the 1st round. They return almost all of their starters coming off a BCS bowl game win. All the pieces of the puzzle are in place.

TCU lost three very good players in the draft in Hughes, Newhouse and Washington. They should win the MWC tho if Utah doesn't contest them

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

A lot of people are banking on Boise State doing it this year, because if they don't do it this year, I don't know when they will.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:57 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oregon should have made the BCS title game in 2001 and played against Miami instead of that joke Nebraska team they put in there...

I'm going to say Papa Joe's Nittany Lions...
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta go Penn State here. Like said before, they're a manningham catch away from contending for one a few years back. Plenty of talent, just gotta avoid the big ten upsets.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Gotta go Penn State here. Like said before, they're a manningham catch away from contending for one a few years back. Plenty of talent, just gotta avoid the big ten upsets.
Who's gonna be QB'in at Penn State?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boise State has to do it this year or they're going to be waiting a whole. I went with Notre Dame, surprisingly. I think they have the schedule, recruiting, and talent to make a run in the next couple years.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

auburn should of gotten the NC in 2004... :)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Boise, and I'd say them easily, but I don't see them beating VT this year. And that'll probably be their only loss, and enough to keep them out of any hope for the title game, and quite possibly enough to keep them out of the BCS altogether. I hope I'm wrong...hope hope hope it.

I went with TCU on that list. Great defense and run game gets you far, even in this era of pass happy spread offenses in the college game. While I think either TCU or Boise could stand toe to toe with any program in the country right now and have a shot, I like TCU's chances in a close game a little more than Boise's thanks to their defense.

So, with me thinking that Boise will go down vs. VT (not that I think VT is insanely good or anything, I just think they'll win that particular game this year,) I'm going with TCU. I favor them over anyone on their schedule, and while Oregon State isn't the worst team in the world, I think TCU is outright better and will win that one, which is the hardest ooc game they have. They'll go on to crush their division and work their way into top 2 consideration on an undefeated season this year and their history of success the past few seasons.