Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-22-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted this on another forum during a debate on whether you believe in what Shannon's doing, or whether you believe he should be fired.

Quote:
There's room in the middle of this debate, imo.

I think we need to expect improvements out of Shannon just as much as we do the players on the team. He was a rookie head coach with NO experience at the helm prior to this job. I think this is the year where we can truly judge him. First year, he did some good things (recruiting, cleaning house, changing culture) and some bad things (gameday coaching, Nix)..

this year, again, more of the same, except his recruiting got a little worse and his gameday coaching got a little better. If you don't see Randy improving even just on the sidelines in his demeanor, you need to look closer. He's clearly loosened up a bit and stepped a little further away from the "no holds barred it's my **** and that's the way it is" like he was his first season (and who are we to say that this wasn't badly needed with Good Ole Larry running **** the prior year?)

I think that both this class he brings in for 2011 AND the results that the team puts out on the field should be his true evaluation period. Now, it's his team, under his rules, with his staff and all his own players. No more excuses.

If the team doesn't win the ACC, it's probably time to get rid of him. It's pretty clear, then, that he is pretty much just a recruiter. If he does win the ACC, that shows that he can manage a team's expectations, win with his own players, and coach at an acceptable level in terms of strategy. Anything past a BCS berth (11 wins, shot at nat'l title) is a bonus in my opinion.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone as excited as I am about our running backs this season!? I'm not even counting on Cooper. If he comes back, that will just be a bonus, but I think Damien Berry is in for a MONSTER year now that he is the starter, while Lamar Miller could burst onto the scene as well! Can't wait!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Berry is just awesome, I definitely believe he could have a huge year. Been hearing Berry and Mike james have been tearing up spring practice.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody have a link to those awesome kevin nelson quotes?
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami and ND talking about 2012-2013 series at Soldier Field.. yes!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2012 at Solider Field then 2014/2016 home and home last I saw.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Miami and ND talking about 2012-2013 series at Soldier Field.. yes!
That's gonna be awesome.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teddy Bridgewater committed to Miami.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-05-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Teddy Bridgewater committed to Miami.

Sooooo excited about this one! Kid's already talking about being an All-American and winning a Heisman and National Championship at the U!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is guy is pretty sick. I thought he'd be much more of a runner but I'm impressed with his ability to pass the ball. Though I saw an interview with him and he said he'd prefer to play WR at The U. DG, do you know where he's expected to play or is he just viewed as a QB at this point?
Old 06-05-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, that's a huge commitment for us. Teddy just looks and sounds like a winner.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Teddy is definitely a QB. That's where he wants to play and that's where the staff wants him to play.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-06-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

I'm not worried about TBW yet, I am still psyched that Jacory Harris is only a junior.. I really hope he takes the next step forward this year.. finally a decent offensive coordinator for this team, even though I didn't agree with everything Whipple did last year.

Jacory needs to get out of FIIGD mode (**** it, I'm going deep) and back into more of a calm, collected, accurate QB that we saw early on. Part of that is gameplanning, Whipple had no game tape on him at all and we really caught some teams off guard.. can't say the same for this year.

Also, please give Damien Berry the ball.. the guy is a horse.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People had tape on Whipple, he just out classes people

I think Jacory's **** it i'm going deep problem came from completing so many of those passes early in the season, but the reason they were open was because of him completing the routine throws

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
People had tape on Whipple, he just out classes people

I think Jacory's **** it i'm going deep problem came from completing so many of those passes early in the season, but the reason they were open was because of him completing the routine throws
What tape? He was running a 1-AA offense before he came here.. I'm sure it gave people a general idea, but it's pretty clear that everybody caught onto the offense by the midway point of the season. UNC's gameplan defensively absolutely reflected that.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-23-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Ray Armstrong is such a beast.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
Ray Ray Armstrong is such a beast.
He is a beast. But as of right now, he's not even the best safety on the team. Vaughn Telemaque is one of the most underrated safeties in CFB.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Love the way our class has started, I'm a big Flip Dorsett fan and of course TBW is sick.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
He is a beast. But as of right now, he's not even the best safety on the team. Vaughn Telemaque is one of the most underrated safeties in CFB.
I agree, Armstrong and Telemaque remind me so much of Sean Taylor and Ed Reed.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Boys, I'm interested in getting more information on Sean Spence. He was balls to the walls in his Freshman season, but I didn't catch many games last year. Word is that his play regressed. What was the deal? At that size he appears to be approaching a tough road to the NFL path, at least at LB. What are your thoughts on him and his future football career?

Also, is anyone as excited for Kevin Nelson as i am? Think he can be a serious player for this squad?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the draft rankings I've seen Spence in have been at safety. Kinda like Thomas Davis out of UGA a couple years ago and his career has been pretty decent so far for Carolina.

Bad thing for him though, is that he is most likely stuck at linebacker, right? Unless Shannon wants to bench Telamaque or Armstrong which wouldn't make sense...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So though Seantrel signed he hasn't showed up.. still interested in the U apparently
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nix any idea of Spence at safety, that's just stupid. He is a beast at LB, been playing it his whole life. Yes his play definitely regressed last year as a Sophomore, a combo of playing on the SAM instead of WILL, injuries, and a new defensive coordinator who didn't allow Spence to be as aggressive as he was allowed to be his freshman year.

I expect a bounce back year from him as a Junior, dude is just a football player. Was simply amazing as a true freshman; seemed to make a big play every single game. Let him attack the ball and you will see a different guy out there.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the reviews guys. I'm really hopeful that Spence can take the next two years and make a push to being an NFL prospect and contributor. The obvious concerns about his size will continue until he reaches 225 or 230. Impossible to say at this time, but i'm hoping he can add that kind of bulk and not lose any of his speed or burst. Any idea if he's put on any weight coming into this season?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote