Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-02-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
SUP
Rookie

SUP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SUP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Ya'll don't even leave your own state. Yeah, ya'll are OOC and they're Div. 1 schools, but it's not the same as Tennessee scheduling Oregon, California, and UCLA, and Bama scheduling Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Penn State. It's like Georgia playing GaTech and South Carolina playing Clemson. You play in the same state, so the travel isn't a problem you'll face, and you play fairly often being rivals, so that defeats the purpose of playing an opponent you're not familiar with...

Let me have this Gator fans!!! C'mon!!! :(
I agree

I wish we would drop the FIUs or Citadels and do a Home and Home vs a CAL or UCLA or Penn State, etc...
SUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could any of the Gators fans give me a rundown on Wondy Pierre-Louis? His in minicamp with the Ravens and I was wondering about him as a player. After a quick google search all I seem to find is info about his run in with the law back in January. Had this run in not happened do you guys think he would of been drafted? any information is appreciated.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He kept getting moved down the depth chart the past few years. He wasn't as good as the younger players, and I remember him getting hurt a lot. Really thin I think, don't know much other that that.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Could any of the Gators fans give me a rundown on Wondy Pierre-Louis? His in minicamp with the Ravens and I was wondering about him as a player. After a quick google search all I seem to find is info about his run in with the law back in January. Had this run in not happened do you guys think he would of been drafted? any information is appreciated.
He started at RCB as a freshman on the NC team in 06. After that, he slowly dropped on the depth chart to where he barely played besides nickle/dime situations.

His value is strictly as a special teamer. He's physical and he tries hard, but he's just not very good in coverage.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Da Big Harv
Rookie

Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woody Pierre Lewis parents were thought to be dead in Haiti and than turns out they were alive and later in the week he was charged with assult or something along those lines.

He is a solid college DB who probably won't make much noise in the NFL and should be gone within a year or two
Old 05-12-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Silve has gone on record stating that the SEC will be proactive if the Big 10 expands past 12 members. So the question is: who does the SEC add? In my opinion they will try to make a splash and go after Texas especially if Nebraska and Missouri join the Big 10. If Texas were to accept an invitation to the SEC then I could see Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State following suit. The other option would be to target schools located in the southeastern portion of the US that are not in the SEC. Florida State, Miami, Clemson, and Georgia Tech (a former SEC member) could all be extended invitations as well if Texas does not want to leave.

Which would you prefer and do you have any other ideas about what the SEC could do if the Big 10 expands past 12 teams?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the SEC added OU in the West and FSU/Miami/Clemson in the East that would be so amazing, it would become even more of a super conference than it already is. I'm so down to adding OU to the West so Ole Miss could play them every year, Miami or FSU would be so sick to have in the East too. I'd be so unbelievably happy.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-12-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GaTech, Florida St., and Clemson all have rivalries with SEC teams, so they are a possibility.

If we're talking about just Big 12 schools, then obviously Texas and Oklahoma would be the top schools to invite if we wanna go the "Super Conference" route. Put those two in the West, and then move Alabama and Auburn into the East. That'd work geographically and should retain competitive balance. Keeping Bama and Auburn in the same division would be imperative due to their rivalry, and Bama and Tennessee already play each other annually due to the 3rd Saturday in October rivalry.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Nobody would get booted right? I don't think it would happen, but if it were Vandy and Kentucky would be the logical ones. God if Ole Miss moved I would cry, it would be a tough call on shifting divisions too. I think they would try to add one East and one West team, I don't think they want to shuffle to much.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-12-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see anyone getting booted or voluntarily leaving the conference. Expansion all depends on how many teams the Big 10 adds but if they are looking at expanding to 16 teams the SEC will be inclined to do the same.

I could see Texas and Oklahoma being very realistic targets as well as Florida St., Georgia Tech, and Miami. If Texas and OU are both added, however, I think their respective states would push the league to add Texas A&M and Oklahoma State.

If the four Big XII teams were added you would have Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and LSU in the SEC West and the remaining schools in the SEC East. Talk about tough friggin divisions.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 05-12-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

That would insane, the West and East are already tough but that would make it ******* ridiculous. College Gameday would be at an SEC game every single week and about 25 of the first round picks in the draft would be SEC players if the SEC added those 4 Big 12 Schools. I kind of don't want Bama or Auburn to leave the West, but if it has to be done then whatever go for it. That would be so great to see those Big 12 schools come.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-13-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a thought, Will Hill doesn't seem to be much more than a ball-hawk(not that that's a bad thing). Does anyone think he could make any offensive appearances? I was watching some old tape on him and I think it would be pretty cool to see him in some packages.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope to be posting in this thread in the near future :)

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
i hope to be posting in this thread in the near future :)

why is that? tansferring? auburn? yes?

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's talking about West Virginia possibly joining the SEC if it expands, which'd be cool.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I think he's talking about West Virginia possibly joining the SEC if it expands, which'd be cool.
yep.......

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They definitely will upgrade the SEC in football and basketball.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...-leaving-bama/

Alabama QB Star Jackson is transferring.

Chop those scholarships, Nick. That oversigning's not going to take care of itself.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait until after this season so we can finally fire Les ******* Miles. I used to get so excited for the college season to start but now I dread it with that douche at the helm. Let's go for another 8 win season Les!

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Can't wait until after this season so we can finally fire Les ******* Miles. I used to get so excited for the college season to start but now I dread it with that douche at the helm. Let's go for another 8 win season Les!
Who are you thinking would be a suitable replacement?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas & Oklahoma would make more sense in the SEC than the Big 10, likewise West Virginia, those are all Southern > Midwestern states anyway. You would have to throw in TAMU & Oklahoma St.

I would prefer TCU & maybe Rice & Houston U. too but I'm just weird that way
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...-leaving-bama/

Alabama QB Star Jackson is transferring.

Chop those scholarships, Nick. That oversigning's not going to take care of itself.
Yeah he is, dropping down a division to Georgia St. so he won't have to sit a yr.

Bama is just too crowded with QBs. Saban was like he was at LSU, a QB recruiting magnet. When Sims did an early entry this spring & MaCarron looking so good in spring drills as McElroy's 2011 replacement that made Jackson a 4th stringer.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Who are you thinking would be a suitable replacement?
I have no idea who I would want to replace Les. I would have liked Tommy Tuberville but that's no longer an option. It's possibly we could give Billy Gonzales a shot as the next HC but that all depends on if we stay in house or not. I'd have to look more into it but as of now I'm not impressed with what the list of candidates could be.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-20-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, no clue on a replacement. But I'm pretty sure a middle school football coach could win with that talent. Idk much about Gonzales yet, so no comment on him. Tuberville would have been nice. Sure as hell better not be Chavis if we do stay in house.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh ****, auburn took a hit today. Fr RS RB Dontae Aycock 5-10 220 got dismissed from the team. he was probably going to start the year off backing up no.1 tailback mario fannin.

so now its up to fannin and dyer as the backs with omac being the speed/change of pace. if fannin or dyer get hurt AU might be hurtin for awhile.

laaank http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2010/0...man_rb_do.html

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote