Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Best RB in NFC East?
Marion Barber, Cowboys 2 4.26%
Felix Jones, Cowboys 21 44.68%
Tashard Choice, Cowboys 6 12.77%
Lesean McCoy, Eagles 5 10.64%
Brandon Jacobs, Giants 2 4.26%
Ahmad Bradshaw, Giants 7 14.89%
Clinton Portis, Redskins 3 6.38%
Larry Johnson, Redskins 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Eh, I had to go Ahmad Bradshaw. Felix can be a beast and me and MOTH have went back and forth on this regarding him getting touches, but the team tried a few times to give him feature back touches and he got hurt. You just can't expect a team to keep forcing him the rock if he can't stay on the field.

So we'll see, I think he's the most talented, but Bradshaw can really do it all, breakaway speed, catch, run hard inside, and he's pretty durable and will play through injuries. I'd probably take Felix over him if I'm starting a team, but for now I roll with Bradshaw.

I was also impressed by Shady. When you look at Westbrook's rookie season it was nothing to write home about, he'll get alot better and unlike alot of part time backs who shared the rock in college he carried Pitt on his back, his future is still very bright.

See you get it too! Stats don't really reflect Bradshaw's ability. Watch the guy play and you can see he has all the skills there. I am waiting for the day he steps in front of Jacobs, and steals the show.

I actually picked Felix, but Bradshaw is a step lower. Jacobs shouldn't even be in the discussion. Everytime his name is thrown around I cringe.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
That's not really true...even when he was healthy, he was topping out at 9 carriers per game, if he was lucky. Finally at the end of the year, they started giving him 10+ and he was playing fantastic football.
Rookie year, injured twice. Got on IR rehabbing his initial injury. That alone started the injury concerns.

2nd season he started off 3 games less then 9 carries and was hurt again, he had to wear a brace when he returned so being that at that point he showed he was an injury risk, and not the same with the brace he was going to be worked in slowly. Most people knew that he didn't have the same burst as soon as he got back.

So he was slowly worked back in, and as the season wore on, he got the ball more. I don't really see a time he should have been getting the ball alot more. They were smart in seeing if he could handle 10 carries for a month or two before trying to push it further.

The game Barber was out and Felix was a feature back we tried to work him to the max, he didn't finish the game. I'm right with you on wanting to get him the ball more, but a guy needs to prove he's durable. When Felix finally did it, you saw how much he was used in the playoffs. I don't think we would of had to wait as long had he not been nicked up so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll disagree when you said, there wasnt a time when he should have been given more carries. There were plenty of times he deserved more carries. Disregarding 2008, where he was extremely under used in his short season. We can start right at week 1 and 2 of this year. He barely saw the field against Tampa and that New York game, which was a war, he was no where to be found in the 2nd half, as Garrett refused to put him in the game again, despite averaging 12 or so YPC. I remember that game well, everyone on here was clamoring for Jones as well, Cowboy fan or not. It was ridiculous. I dont recall what game he got the brace off, but at that point...there was no need to baby him. He was back to full strength, and yet...he got 10 carries once over that string of games. Garrett has admitted before to forgetting about Felix when Barber is running well...and that's a bit of a problem, considering he's our most dangerous weapon on the offense. Hopefully, it will be the other way around this year, and he forgets about Barber, who he was still running in the ground, despite the fact that he had a noticeable hobble and zero burst through the hole.

Honestly, he probably should have been starting last year. With Barber being the #2. And when you have the luxury of having three great backs, you shouldnt have to worry about holding Felix's hand all the time. They need to turn him loose, and they were beginning to at the end of the year. Hopefully the trend continues.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:59 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOw, Portis has a down season and he's totally forgotten about!!!

Call me when Felix Jones rushes for 1300+ yards in a season. Same with Choice.

Portis has been the best RB in the division for 6 years running, the rest of those guys have had moments, but never put together a full season of top performance.

Agreed that if you project Jones' numbers over a full season of getting the majority of the carries, he could be the best in the NFCE, but I expect CP to have a bounce back year under Shanahan.
He's lost about 15# and could easily top 1500 yards playing with McNabb.

Tashard Choice is ahead of CP??
Must be a LOT of stealth Cowboys fans running around SWDC.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:08 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

Portis has been the best RB in the division for 6 years running, the rest of those guys have had moments, but never put together a full season of top performance.

Agreed that if you project Jones' numbers over a full season of getting the majority of the carries, he could be the best in the NFCE, but I expect CP to have a bounce back year under Shanahan.
He's lost about 15# and could easily top 1500 yards playing with McNabb.

Up until two seasons ago, Westbrook was better. I definitely wouldn't say he's been the best the last 6 consecutive seasons. He's damn good and I'm a fan of his, but homerism aside, 3 and 4 years ago Westy was easily the better, more complete RB, and arguably on the same level the two years before that as well as two years ago.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:40 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Portis best for 6 seasons? LOL. He wasn't even on the same page as Tiki Barber, when Tiki was dominating the NFC East. 2004-2006 Tiki had sick years. I wouldn't go that far to say that Portis has dominated as the best back in the East for 6 seasons.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber put up monster rushing numbers from 2004-6, and totaled over 2000 yards from scrimmage each of those years, making him arguably the #2 RB in the league during that span, after LT.
Westbrook was the key playmaker for the Eagles for several years, and Portis has never been the receiver that Westbrook has been, but as a pure runner Westbrook isn't in Portis' class.

My point was of the current RBs in the NFCE, I don't see how CP is behind Jones, Choice, and Bradshaw.

Except for maybe Felix Jones, and that's giving him a huge benefit of the doubt because of his youth, Portis has put up numbers those guys can only dream of approaching and he's only 28.

If CP and Shanny can kiss and make up, he's gonna get 1500 yards this season, IMHO.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Barber put up monster rushing numbers from 2004-6, and totaled over 2000 yards from scrimmage each of those years, making him arguably the #2 RB in the league during that span, after LT.
Westbrook was the key playmaker for the Eagles for several years, and Portis has never been the receiver that Westbrook has been, but as a pure runner Westbrook isn't in Portis' class.

My point was of the current RBs in the NFCE, I don't see how CP is behind Jones, Choice, and Bradshaw.

Except for maybe Felix Jones, and that's giving him a huge benefit of the doubt because of his youth, Portis has put up numbers those guys can only dream of approaching and he's only 28.

If CP and Shanny can kiss and make up, he's gonna get 1500 yards this season, IMHO.
I highly doubt it. Even if Portis returns to his old self, 1,500 is a lot for an aging RB, and with the stable they already have, it may be split up among 2 or 3 RBs.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's behind them now because he's old and has been injury prone.

and Portis best RB over the past 6 years? pfffft. Tiki and Westbrook split that crown for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
he's behind them now because he's old and has been injury prone.

and Portis best RB over the past 6 years? pfffft. Tiki and Westbrook split that crown for sure.
It seems weird to think Tiki's been retired that long, but the first 2-3 years of the last 6 years go to him, and the next 2-3 (depending on where you had Tiki in year 3) go to Westbrook. Then the last two years it is a tossup. Portis maybe gets it two years ago, but I ersonally favor Barber or Jacobs during that time span.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There was alot of fail in your post, especially the bolded part. First of all, 2006 AND 2007 Brian Westbrook had better seasons then Clinton Portis ever had in his entire career. So your quote "the rest of those guys have had moments, but never put together a full season of top performance" is just all wrong. Seeing as how you said the past 6 years, that has to include Westbrook.

07 he totaled over 2000 yards, something which Portis has never done with 90 receptions, 06 he totaled over 1900 yards with 70+ receptions, all things Portis has never done.

Quote:

Yea, that's the only reason. I'm sure none of it had to do with the fact that he looked slower, older, worn down with injuries, yet all of a sudden McNabb is going to make him have 1500 total yards? That's wishful thinking to say the least. He hasn't been a 1500 yard rusher since he left Denver, he's done it once since he got to Washington and that was only by 16 yards, and this was when he was a clear feature back.

Now why even bring in LJ and Willie Parker if you just wanted to force him the ball all game/season long? Does that even make sense?

Quote:

I'm certain that this was a typo.

Quote:

Because your living in the past, that's why. Even last year when CP was healthy, I probably would of taken every single one of those backs over him, he was nothing like the guy rushing for 1300 yards, and this is not a career achievement award here so bringing up how good he was 6 years ago does nothing for your argument.

Quote:
Old 05-18-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Portis ran for 1487 and 9 TDs in 2008, not really ancient history, and he missed half the season in 2009 with a concussion.

As for Westbrook having better seasons in 2006 and 2007 than CP had at any point during his career(?), I'll chalk that up to hyperbole and giving Westbrook the advantage overall because of his outstanding receiving ability.

I've always said that you don't get the impact of Westbrook's play on a game from looking mainly at his stats, you have to watch him play. At any point during his prime, he would break at least a couple plays at a crucial part of the game that swung the momentum in the Eagles favor, or won them the game outright.

As a pure runner though, Westbrook isn't the same type of player as Portis.

As for Bruce Allen bringing in Willie Parker and Larry Johnson to compete with CP for the #1 RB spot, one of those guys IMO will be cut and the other will be a primary backup. I don't see a split carry situation under SHanahan.

But again my statement about Portis had more to do with this poll; Choice, Jones and Bradshaw being ranked ahead of him.

If CP is the starter for the Skins the first game of the season, he's gonna put up career numbers. Jason Campbell simply was not enough of a threat throwing the ball downfield and defenses loaded up to specifically shut down the Skins running game.
McNabb is going to give Portis running opportunities he hasn't had since Denver.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

We should sig bet this or something, I am definitely down. If Portis goes over 1,500 yards this regular seasonI'll wear it in my sig where you said he would have 1,500+ yards, and I will have something like "FUNBUNCHER knows all" or something dumb like that. Same thing goes for if he goes under 1,500 for you, you'll wear a sig saying any one of us told you there was no way, and have a sig that says something dumb like "when homerism goes a bit too far". I am down for this, if you care to make this bet, I will e-shake your hand and we can mark it in the "books".

Old 05-19-2010, 02:45 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Sig bet??
Hey, I'm just a guy who talks a lot of **** 'bout my Skinz on the interwebz !!
I don't make bets where I get embarrassed in the future for looking stoopid!!LOL
I 'hope' CP rebounds and rushes for 1500+ yards, is what I should have said!!
Old 05-19-2010, 07:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Yea because going out on a limb would be an understatement for what your saying. Your basically saying if Clinton Portis starts weeks 1 he's going to rush for 1600 yards, which has pretty much no chance of happening at all.

He'll be 29 when the season starts, and his best years are behind him, you should be happy with 1000 yards honestly, I don't know why people act like RB's don't fall off a cliff eventually once they get to this age with the amount of carries he's had.

Unless you think he's going to rush for 1300 yards until he's 35 years old.

Quote:
Old 05-19-2010, 08:42 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend
Yea because going out on a limb would be an understatement for what your saying. Your basically saying if Clinton Portis starts weeks 1 he's going to rush for 1600 yards, which has pretty much no chance of happening at all.

He'll be 29 when the season starts, and his best years are behind him, you should be happy with 1000 yards honestly, I don't know why people act like RB's don't fall off a cliff eventually once they get to this age with the amount of carries he's had.

Curtis Martin did it. Emmitt was doing it until he was 33...

I'm not discounting the notion that Portis can do it. I'm more worried about the fact that he's basically been doing this for 8 years now. He's had a heroic workload for someone of his age.

As for best in the NFC East. I'm going to side with Tashard Choice... To be honest. He's looked good in spot duty and he's had good games when he's been given a full workload(for multiple games) he's been admirable.

Felix could potentially be the best based on Johnson's 2000 yards for Tennessee. But in saying that. I just watched the team try that same thing with Marion Barber only a season ago... Awesome work that one.

Moreso impressed with Choice then I was with Barber.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

1500+ yards to me means closer to 1501, not 1600 yards.

Jason Campbell has been an anchor dragging on the SKins offense for several years now, and having a genuine elite QB in the backfield with Portis running in a ZBS, well, 1300 yards is conservative IMO.

Most SKins fans that I know are worried whether or not Portis has lost his lateral quickness, not his long speed. A lighter CP who isn't run like a FB into the heart of the defensive line the way Joe Gibbs used him should have a resurgence under SHanahan.

If CP is the starter from week 1, I would take any bet that he tops 1300 yards rushing!
How many other guys on this list do you feel confident will absolutely gain 1300 yards rushing in 2010??
Old 05-19-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Jason Campbell has been an anchor dragging on the SKins offense for several years now, and having a genuine elite QB in the backfield with Portis running in a ZBS, well, 1300 yards is conservative IMO.

Most SKins fans that I know are worried whether or not Portis has lost his lateral quickness, not his long speed. A lighter CP who isn't run like a FB into the heart of the defensive line the way Joe Gibbs used him should have a resurgence under SHanahan.

If CP is the starter from week 1, I would take any bet that he tops 1300 yards rushing!
How many other guys on this list do you feel confident will absolutely gain 1300 yards rushing in 2010??
Considering Shady is the only one who won't be splitting his carries with at least one RB that's a hugely misleading point.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:

How many other guys on this list do you feel confident will absolutely gain 1300 yards rushing in 2010
??
Same bet I sadi for 1,500 stands here...

Old 05-19-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Same bet I sadi for 1,500 stands here...
Bet.

If CP is the starter from Week 1, (only one exception would be if he misses MINIMUM 8 games with injury), he'll get 1300. Easy.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so, you're confident he'll reach 1,300 yards...but keep saying IF he's the starter. lots of confidence in a guy who you're not confident will even start...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

You said he was going to have a career year, so now it's 1300 yards? Also nobody is even confident he'll do that here, not even you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Curtis Martin did it. Emmitt was doing it until he was 33....
That's also the exception to the rule.

While you could find at most 4-5 examples of guys who did it into their early 30's I could find 5x as many examples of guys who fell off at age 29-30 with the amount of mileage Portis has.

Quote:
Old 05-19-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend
That's also the exception to the rule.

While you could find at most 4-5 examples of guys who did it into their early 30's I could find 5x as many examples of guys who fell off at age 29-30 with the amount of mileage Portis has.
Damn straight. You could probably find 10x as many examples of guys who have fallen off at this age. I just personally think Portis is a class above your also-rans that have fallen off after they hit 29-31. How many guys in the league have almost hit 10,000 yards in 8 seasons? I think that's testament to him being slightly better then your Ahman Green's and Shaun Alexanders.

I think having a look at his career numbers. He could definately average roughly 4.5 ypc under Shanahan again even at this age.(given he averaged 5.5 in his first two seasons with Denver) 225 carries gets him over a 1000 yards.

Of course I could be blinded by the fact that I actually do rate Portis a great back.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

If CP is healthy and named the starter, assuming he plays in all or the majority of the 16 regular season games, he will lead the NFCE in rushing.

How's that, Longhorn??

All I'm trying to do is cover in case he's out with an injury, but there's no way I see Larry Johnson or WIllie Parker beating him out for the #1 RB spot.

IMO this is a pivotal season for CP; he either will be regarded as a good RB on the decline, or been seen as a genuinely 'special' RB who could threaten to put up HOF career rushing numbers before he retires.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Bet.

If CP is the starter from Week 1, (only one exception would be if he misses MINIMUM 8 games with injury), he'll get 1300. Easy.
You gotta take that stipulation out dude, if you are so confident in him getting 1,300, it should be a given that you will start. As a concession, if he misses more than 6 games, you are off the hook if he doesn't get 1,300.