Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Pocket
Rookie

Pocket hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Randy Moss, Deal Very Close

KNBR is reporting that the Raiders and Packers have reached a tentative agreement on compensation for Randy Moss. But the entire thing is contingent upon Moss (and his agent) ability or willingness to restructure his current contract into something the Packers are more comfortable with and can absorb.

The particulars of the deal weren't discussed, but it has been rumored that the Raiders would get a 2nd round pick in 2007 and an additional pick in 2008.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sounds a lot like the rumor I saw last week..
Old 03-14-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea nothing new here. I would rather we didn't give up anymore than a 3rd, we could throw in KGB to sweeten the pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe this is going to happen, green bay would have a pretty sick WR core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So weird that Moss could go to GB, where he was a hated and hunted man for so many years.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am thrilled about this. Because now there is no way Calvin Johnson falls to Tampa Bay.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Please get it done Al
Old 03-14-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is a bad deal. Why? Has nothing to do with Moss really (at least, not directly). Just that, in giving up their 2nd, they somewhat limit their flexibility if they want to move up in the draft. For example, say Adrian Peterson falls as many still speculate. Green Bay really needs a running back ... but without a 2nd, they'll be hardpressed to shoot up to grab him. Or let's say Adrian Peterson comes off. They'll be a bit more hardpressed to jump before Buffalo to grab Marshawn Lynch (although I guess the first/3rd and another pick could get them into San Francisco's spot). In short, I think it limits their options in the draft.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see the link, I think it IS the same article from last week.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I am thrilled about this. Because now there is no way Calvin Johnson falls to Tampa Bay.
Why is there no way? Raiders still would need a QB, and 2/3 scenarios haven't really changed.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i hope it happens i would like to see randy moss rejuvenate his career and get back to his hall of fame form.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Why is there no way? Raiders still would need a QB, and 2/3 scenarios haven't really changed.
I was assuming they were getting Rodgers as part of it. That may or may not be true, so I spoke to soon.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think this is a bad deal. Why? Has nothing to do with Moss really (at least, not directly). Just that, in giving up their 2nd, they somewhat limit their flexibility if they want to move up in the draft. For example, say Adrian Peterson falls as many still speculate. Green Bay really needs a running back ... but without a 2nd, they'll be hardpressed to shoot up to grab him. Or let's say Adrian Peterson comes off. They'll be a bit more hardpressed to jump before Buffalo to grab Marshawn Lynch (although I guess the first/3rd and another pick could get them into San Francisco's spot). In short, I think it limits their options in the draft.
wrong. Our GM will never trade up and i mean never. He can simply draft Lynch or trade back get an extra second and draft Olsen. If we have a good passing attack less teams will have 7 ppl in the box which will allow us to run. Good example is the Clots.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:

I cannot remember the last time Ted Thompson traded up in round 1, so I don't know if that was the plan this go around.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Preach on, Shiver. Keep CJ out of the NFC South!

Unless the Saints draft him.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was assuming they were getting Rodgers as part of it. That may or may not be true, so I spoke to soon.
The new trade rumor I'm hearing doesn't involve Rodgers but rather KGB or Corey Williams.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 03-14-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Took me forever and a day, but I found this in the Raider forum, posted March 1st:

Quote:
KNBR is reporting that the Raiders and Packers have reached a tentative agreement on compensation for Randy Moss. But the entire thing is contingent upon Moss (and his agent) ability or willingness to restructure his current contract into something the Packers are more comfortable with and can absorb.

The particulars of the deal weren't discussed, but it has been rumoured that the Raiders would get a 2nd round pick in 2007 and an additional pick in 2008

Last edited by slightlyaraiderfan : 03-14-2007 at 01:50 PM.
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
Took me forever and a day, but I found this in the Raider forum, posted March 1st:

ummm, that's exactly what's in the first post.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

it's the same rumor that has been going around and people who have been posting it probably dont even know what knbr is. it just makes it sound better.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They run the WCO...isn't Randy Moss in the WCO kind of counterintuitive?

Theyre better off getting one of these young promising WRs in the draft. They have a nice young unit so far, they don't want to ruin their progress with a potential lockerroom cancer.

Moss should go to a team that is missing the one key link to being top tier. He'd look good in a Jags uniform. Especially with Leftwich's cannon.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

I know Ted Thompson's recent history when in charge of personnel. Even dating to his Seattle days, when he was largely in charge of the draft, with Holmgren getting final say, I know he's never been a part of a deal up that I can remember. If this trade does go down (and sarf's finding the original post may make this thread to be dated ... after all, Journal-Sentinel reported this morning of the Raiders interest in KGB and Corey Williams), that would certainly impact the ability to move up.

Here's my case as to why it's not impossible. Thompson's built a solid core, but what he really lacks on that teams is top level talent. He's not going to find that top level talent by consistently dealing back. There's two ways of building through the draft:

a) getting top talent initially, then building the core later
b) getting the core first, and adding the top talent later so that they don't go through long developmental struggles

To suggest that any team is welded to the idea of not doing something is probably a bit of a reach. Certainly, teams have their habits and preferences, and that always plays a role. That being said, to say something is set in stone "wrong" is unrealistic. If they do make a move for Moss, what that sends is a signal that they are legitimately trying to make one final push under Favre. Waiting for a 2nd round RB and whatever mediocrity that can be found in FA, along with the amazing trio of Noah Herron, Vernand Morency, and PJ Pope, doesn't seem to coordinate with that philosophy.

It's too early to diminish any factor, IMO. What Thompson likes best is options and versatility. I don't believe he is welded to the idea of never dealing up, as is somewhat implicitly implied by many.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know Ted Thompson's recent history when in charge of personnel. Even dating to his Seattle days, when he was largely in charge of the draft, with Holmgren getting final say, I know he's never been a part of a deal up that I can remember. If this trade does go down (and sarf's finding the original post may make this thread to be dated ... after all, Journal-Sentinel reported this morning of the Raiders interest in KGB and Corey Williams), that would certainly impact the ability to move up.

Here's my case as to why it's not impossible. Thompson's built a solid core, but what he really lacks on that teams is top level talent. He's not going to find that top level talent by consistently dealing back. There's two ways of building through the draft:

a) getting top talent initially, then building the core later
b) getting the core first, and adding the top talent later so that they don't go through long developmental struggles

To suggest that any team is welded to the idea of not doing something is probably a bit of a reach. Certainly, teams have their habits and preferences, and that always plays a role. That being said, to say something is set in stone "wrong" is unrealistic. If they do make a move for Moss, what that sends is a signal that they are legitimately trying to make one final push under Favre. Waiting for a 2nd round RB and whatever mediocrity that can be found in FA, along with the amazing trio of Noah Herron, Vernand Morency, and PJ Pope, doesn't seem to coordinate with that philosophy.

It's too early to diminish any factor, IMO. What Thompson likes best is options and versatility. I don't believe he is welded to the idea of never dealing up, as is somewhat implicitly implied by many.
Its always good to here from Toonster. I learn something with every post.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Mr. Myogi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
We're just hopeing that the Raiders strike a deal for Schaub (maybe a 2nd and 3rd -since they are seeking a 2nd in the trade they could risk one) after they trade Moss and then draft CJ.

That way, The Falcons don't have to face him twice a year.

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********
Mr. Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
maybe this is going to happen, green bay would have a pretty sick WR core
Sick as in declining skills and injury prone Moss?
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Sick as in declining skills and injury prone Moss?
Moss/Driver/Jennings doesn't sound too bad on paper at all.