Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-05-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Palmer really has no excuses this year if he struggles and the OL plays well. The idea this offseason was to give Palmer more weapons and they have clearly done that.
If Palmer still struggles in an otherwise good situation (weapons stay healthy, decent run game, OL protects him) how much more time do you guys think the organization will keep him around? At that point Palmer's pretty much holding the team back more than anything else, but I wonder if they show any loyalty.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
If Palmer still struggles in an otherwise good situation (weapons stay healthy, decent run game, OL protects him) how much more time do you guys think the organization will keep him around? At that point Palmer's pretty much holding the team back more than anything else, but I wonder if they show any loyalty.
Palmer is not going anywhere. When Mike Brown starts thinking about cutting Palmer I'll mail him a DvD with Akili Smith / Jon Kitna / every other non franchise QB we've had as a starter.

Palmer isn't the best franchise QB in the league, maybe he's near the bottom of the list even. But he is a franchise QB and a guy who can take you places. I think it would be a mistake to risk everything by trying to get someone better in place of him.

As far as the Gresham pick goes, I really liked it. I talked to PalmerToCJ right before the draft and we both wanted Dezzy B, but I think Gresham was still a good pick.

I wanted Dez Bryant because I feel our future at WR looks bad. Simpson is borderline making the roster this year, Caldwell doesn't seem like he'll ever amount to anything more than a slot WR and Chad is old. That left Antonio Bryant and Matt Jones as our future.

I think Gresham is the better fit for our team, all around. However, I still think my concerns over the receiver position and the future are legitimate (or at least were). I don't think Shipley, Briscoe or Caldwell can ever be more than a #2. That means we have 2 options:

1) Resign Chad next year.

2) Don't resign Chad and let Antonio take the #1 spot.

No one else on the roster can play that position, and I highly doubt any rookie will be able to step in (in 2011). The problem is, we might start seeing signs of Chad slowing down and we have no idea how Antonio will perform in this atmosphere (he could be Coles 2.0 for us).

I wanted Dez to free up some of the question marks for 2011. Not because I thought he was a better overall fit for the team.

In the end though, I concede that it would have been a bad decision to draft Dez over Gresham. I think Gresham is an amazing fit for us, and I think we can use him to help us win games now and he may end up holding that spot down for the next 10+ years.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

I hope I'm wrong about Palmer but with everything I've seen the last 2 years i dont think I am. The bad thing is if he struggles again the bengals will be drafting pretty high and may be in the running for one of the top 3 guys that should be in the draft next year....Mallet, Locker, and Luck. Out of those 3 I feel Mallet has the best tools and ability to make it as a star in the League. The other 2 may be very productive but they have some more work to do then Mallet. I really wish Cinci would have taken one of the second tier QB's in this past draft like Pike. Just as a backup plan. I'm very hopefull that the Gresham pick will help him out by opening up the middle of the field more. Palmer has shown he likes to dump off passes to the Tight Ends. The bad part has been the stone hands that have played there the last 2 years.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're right and Palmer does struggle this year (which I don't think he will), why do you think Mike Brown would throw a bunch of money at a QB this year?

realistically, Mike Brown will ride Palmer's struggles for at least 2-3 more years.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
If you're right and Palmer does struggle this year (which I don't think he will), why do you think Mike Brown would throw a bunch of money at a QB this year?

realistically, Mike Brown will ride Palmer's struggles for at least 2-3 more years.
What he said right there. I would just wait for Matt Barkley to come out.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a few reasons why I thought/wanted Bryant...

1. He just fits the typical Mike Brown pick
2. I'm also worried about the future at WR, I really don't think CJ re-signs and I'm not sold on Bryant.
3. They just don't value TE's that much (no matter how bad we need one)

I'm not against the Gresham pick, just wasn't my favorite. If Bryant were gone, I would've had zero issue with it.

I think this is a big year for Palmer... He should have adequate (not great) weapons. Not to mention coming off a playoff year with what should be another strong defense, it's time to produce.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post

I do think Mike Brown would throw a bunch of money at a QB. If you remember he did draft David Klingler and Akili Smith before he actually got one right with Palmer. In the past he has also paid good money for free agents like Scott Mitchell, and Gus Ferrott. Unless something happens with the CBA dont be shocked if Palmer struggles pretty bad to see him get let go like they did with Coles since it wont count against any salary cap.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:48 AM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a Giants fan, but I had a question for the Jungle...

I wanted to know who your Mike linebacker was? I thought it was Dhani Jones. Was Mauluga in for three downs? Where was he used? Mike or Sam?
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownmaker View Post
I am a Giants fan, but I had a question for the Jungle...

I wanted to know who your Mike linebacker was? I thought it was Dhani Jones. Was Mauluga in for three downs? Where was he used? Mike or Sam?
Dhani is our MLB as of right now, but it's clear to see that they're prepping Rey to slide in to the middle once he leaves. Last year, Rey played Sam with Rivers at Will.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rey was our SAM.
Dhani was our MIKE.

Rey is the heir apparent to the MIKE spot in a year or so.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks guys
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vote now!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41302
Old 05-18-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Done... Gave it to Rice although for our scheme Benson is the best fit.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:53 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bengals might be well served in trying to sign JJ to a long term contract before Revis gets his payday. It will only make it worse if they wait.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:58 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

The way I see it we all better enjoy watching our great corners playing together this year, because I feel its the last you will. The only way we get one more year of it is they keep the franchise tag around. I cant see Mike Brown throwing down the cash it will take to keep J Joe and Leon Hall both around for the long haul. Plus i have a feeling that one will want to be the featured shut down corner on a team and they have to share the spotlight in Cinci. I really hope the Bengals kind find a way to keep both of them though.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41310
Old 05-19-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
We doing one for best dancer?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

WR number 2 is up

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41324
Old 05-22-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Number 3 is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41341
Old 05-24-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

TE is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41358
Old 05-26-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

LT is up

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41373
Old 05-26-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

FB is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41378
Old 05-28-2010, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

LG is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41396
Old 05-29-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, we need to get the best something. Corners for sure.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Center is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41414