Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Why would you take Bush over Westbrook when he doesn't do anything better than him? If anything, Westbrook is the player that Reggie Bush one day hopes to be.
Westbrook is my favorite player but I'd take Jackson over him.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You want to talk versatile how about Mr. Steven Jackson

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Why would you take Bush over Westbrook when he doesn't do anything better than him? If anything, Westbrook is the player that Reggie Bush one day hopes to be.
Yeah. The only reasoning I could see is injury, and one thinking that Bush may have less injury problems...

But that's completely speculation, anyways.

LT
Jackson
Westbrook
LJ
Gore/Edge/Portis.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Easily? I don't see easily. I can certainly make a case for LJ as well, but Steven had more total yards last year and played behind a very young OL that was still learning things. He's a better receiver than LJ, which isn't a knock on LJ, but praise for SJ.
I am talking about Westbrook. I would take LJ over Jackson, but i could see the argument for jackson being made.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
Calm the hell down.

I'd prolly take... Caddilac?? I dunno, its hard to pick after LT.
The homer in me agrees with you

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:24 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
Yes but how can you possibly take Deuce over Jackson, Westbrook, Gore, LJ, and others. Heck, Deuce may not even be the best RB (When I say RB I don't mean just as a runner) on your team!
its not he is just a good runner. he is a solid blocker and a very good pass catcher. he hasnt the burning speed but he can make something out of nothing with pure power and absolute great vision ( vision wise he is top 5 with LT , LJ , Gore ) ....

for me its ok if you dont like him ( or like the 1000 others in front of him more ) but you need to bring the facts on the table and not only speculations. he is the complete package
Old 03-14-2007, 03:41 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of people don't remember it, but Deuce was a very good back out of the backfield before he tore his knee up. Just look at 2002-2003 (his best years).
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It depends on how Bush continues to develop. His last half of the season stats were pretty phenomenal. Extrapolate them, (since that's what people do in the off-season), and you get 2,000 total yards, 104 catches, 20 total touchdowns, 4.8 ypc. Of course extrapolation is only accurate to a degree. It cannot account for intangibles, anomalies, and variation of the teammates around the player, or the players he's facing. That said; it does show the upside Reggie Bush has. He isn't on Westbrook's level yet, but he could attain that by this time next year, and eventually surpass that mark.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

Quote:
A lot of people don't remember it, but Deuce was a very good back out of the backfield before he tore his knee up. Just look at 2002-2003 (his best years).
thank you , that is what i tried to explain ...

he isnt in the league since yesterday.(or last season )
Old 03-14-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My order

LT
Jackson
Jones-Drew

LJ
tiki

Last edited by bantx : 03-14-2007 at 11:30 AM.
bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones - Drew over LJ? Jones - Drew isn't a Top 10 back yet, maybe in the AFC.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yes but how can you possibly take Deuce over Jackson, Westbrook, Gore, LJ, and others. Heck, Deuce may not even be the best RB (When I say RB I don't mean just as a runner) on your team!
Go watch some tape of Deuce during the 2003 season (9 straight 100+ yard games). Dude was a top 5 RB in the league without a doubt. The only healthy season he's had since then was this past season, when he was sharing carries with none other than Reggie Bush, and even then he played great with what he was given. I'm a huge Bush supporter, but I would take a completely healthy Deuce over any RB in the league right now not named LT, LJ, or Jackson (yes, I'd take him over Gore).
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Stephen Jackson. After that, I would probably go Portis followed by Larry Johnson.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also why is everyone forgetting about Chester Taylor? He's a beast! He has to be consisdered.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Also why is everyone forgetting about Chester Taylor? He's a beast! He has to be consisdered.
I don't know if I would go as far as saying Taylor is a beast. He was more productive than I thought he would be.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
He's good, but not great and just doesn't have the talent level of most of the other guys mentioned. He has the arguably the best left side of the offensive line in football, and that is evidenced by most of his success running left. Even then, he just barely averaged 4 yards per carry, and if you take away just the one long run, he only averaged 3.7 behind a solid O-Line. He's a good player and I really like him, but not a top-5 and possibly not even a top-10 runningback in the league.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You win the award for biggest homer post of the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint View Post
cant even spell his name right , i cant respect you . deuce is a VERY BETTER talent than tiki , but he dont have this OL and D# to produce
heres a good homer post jet
Old 03-14-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jones - Drew over LJ? Jones - Drew isn't a Top 10 back yet, maybe in the AFC.
Yeah hes so little and strong, and his quickness is great. He's in my top ten backs.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
It depends on how Bush continues to develop. His last half of the season stats were pretty phenomenal. Extrapolate them, (since that's what people do in the off-season), and you get 2,000 total yards, 104 catches, 20 total touchdowns, 4.8 ypc. Of course extrapolation is only accurate to a degree. It cannot account for intangibles, anomalies, and variation of the teammates around the player, or the players he's facing. That said; it does show the upside Reggie Bush has. He isn't on Westbrook's level yet, but he could attain that by this time next year, and eventually surpass that mark.
Saints fans; this was uncharacteristic for me. Soak it up, enjoy it.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepunch View Post
heres a good homer post jet

knowledge has nothing to do with homerism... please inform , after this you can post your crap
Old 03-14-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Saints fans; this was uncharacteristic for me. Soak it up, enjoy it.
Seriously. I don't think I've ever seen you extrapolate statistics.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I think extrapolation is relevant, only in certain circumstances. I only do it with rookies, and young Wide Receivers. For example; Javon Walker lit it up in the second half of '03, only to continue his moment in his 3rd year in '04 when he blew up. That's one case where extrapolation showed that he had the potential to have a dominant season the next year. There are others. The one I completely disagreed with was Larry Johnson's absurd '2,000' yard hype last year. Reggie Bush may not reach those marks I mentioned, but it shows he has the potential to do that.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-14-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quite honestly it is all really close after LT, but I would put LJ and Steven Jackson in front of Westbrook. I wouldn't be disapointed with Jones-Drew either. He is my favorite rookie of last year. I love how the guy plays the game. He Will be a very good, if not great, yes GREAT, back in the upcoming years.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote