Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-03-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=themaninblack;2160274]I rly like all the OLY lifts but my favorite is probably squat. It's my best lift too.[/Q

1. Power cleans
2. squats
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I recently lost about 50 pounds from 2008 into the summer of 09 but I think I could lose about 15-20 more pounds and my old routine of just eating healthy and working out every once in a while isn't seeming to cut it as I'm still at the same weight I was at in August of last year. I think I'm gonna start going to the gym on a regular basis this summer (4-5 times a week?). Anyone have any good workout advice to lose those last 15-20 pounds in 2-3 months?
Old 05-22-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Running or using an elyptical machine are both great things to lose weight.

This is a very interesting article about the glutes, does anyone have any experience w/ these workouts?

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...the_glute_myth
Old 05-23-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
So I recently lost about 50 pounds from 2008 into the summer of 09 but I think I could lose about 15-20 more pounds and my old routine of just eating healthy and working out every once in a while isn't seeming to cut it as I'm still at the same weight I was at in August of last year. I think I'm gonna start going to the gym on a regular basis this summer (4-5 times a week?). Anyone have any good workout advice to lose those last 15-20 pounds in 2-3 months?
Cardio.
Diet.
Consistency.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post

HIIT and Complexes. I dropped 15 pounds when I only felt as if I needed to drop 5-10 after a couple of months.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HIIT is probably your best bet, also eat 5 small meals a day. Cut out a lot of carbs, dairy and sugar.

I do HIIT 3 times a week, keep my diet to under 1800 calories a day and in 15 months I went from. 242 pounds to 171 pounds. Which is roughly a pound a week. The thing is though I never stopped drinking in this time.

So you will do it faster than me if you don't drink as much as me and don't have a cheat meal once a week.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can do no cheat meals, could never cut out drinking tho. The only problem that I have is drinking leads to late night eats.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanna drop body fat. I'm about to start some pills anyone have experince or recommend any?
Old 05-23-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the fat burners I have tried didn't do anything for me. I guess you can give them a go, but they didnt work for me.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I just wanna drop body fat. I'm about to start some pills anyone have experince or recommend any?
Ya get the pills the mom took in requiem for a dream

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better living through chemistry...sigh

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am looking to gain weight, how should I do this w/o being a slob. I want to add more and not fat. I am thinking about eating a lot of chicken, turkey and vegetables. Any suggestions?
Old 05-24-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I am looking to gain weight, how should I do this w/o being a slob. I want to add more and not fat. I am thinking about eating a lot of chicken, turkey and vegetables. Any suggestions?
Complex Carbs:
Brown Rice
Beans or Legumes in general
Potatoes (sweet is better)
Various Fruits and Vegetables (for the most part can't go wrong here)
Whole Grains

Protein:
Grilled Chicken
Turkey
Fish
Lean Cut Beef and Pork (careful here)

Of course there are also Protein Shakes. Whey and Casein are the best imo. Protein bars are good.

Also, as an occasional snack, I recommend:

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Thanks, what is good for breakfast? Would eating a lot of eggs w/ wheat bread be good?
Old 05-25-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with wheat bread READ ingredient. Shouldn't have high fructose corn syrup, no enriched wheat flour, no flour. First ingredient, or second should be Whole grain wheat,...also same applies for whole grain breads. And it should be like 100 cal per slice.

If you eat eggs, only egg white cut out that fat.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, I forgot about eggs. Egg whites are better of course.

Dairy products are a subject of much debate. If you have to consume them, get low-fat.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
with wheat bread READ ingredient. Shouldn't have high fructose corn syrup, no enriched wheat flour, no flour. First ingredient, or second should be Whole grain wheat,...also same applies for whole grain breads. And it should be like 100 cal per slice.

If you eat eggs, only egg white cut out that fat.
Cutting out the yolk also cuts out most of the nutrition.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm now officially 2 months through my workout and I feel better than I ever have before. Put on 10 pounds, haven't had fast food since I started, cut out soda and increased my stamina tenfold.

Last edited by Finz99 : 05-25-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Finz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just went in one of those underwater body fat % things and im 7.2 percent. hmm
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Cutting out the yolk also cuts out most of the nutrition.
Unfortunately, eating too many yolks lead to high cholesterol.

It's best to eat 1-2 yolks per day, but only egg whites for the rest. Another method is to just buy pure egg whites, or Eggology items.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

if your looking to gain, not eating yolks is retarted
Old 05-25-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Just went in one of those underwater body fat % things and im 7.2 percent. hmm
I wanted to do that, I was looking for a place but can't find it.

How was it accurate or not.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Unfortunately, eating too many yolks lead to high cholesterol.
Well, yeah, obviously.

Quote:
It's best to eat 1-2 yolks per day, but only egg whites for the rest. Another method is to just buy pure egg whites, or Eggology items.
Right.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wanted to do that, I was looking for a place but can't find it.

How was it accurate or not.
Ya it was pretty cool and ya its accurate im a pretty fit guy
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm looking to get in shape over the summer and had some questions regarding protein supplements and working out in general. i'm not looking to get huge but instead just tone my upper body and work on the gut that i've had forever.

- when should i take whey protein shakes?
i researched a little and saw it's most important to take after a workout and ideally within an hour after the workout. and some places said it's also good to take right after waking up and before working out. just wanted to confirm what i read.

- is there a bad time of day to work out?
i have work and a pretty jammed schedule throughout the day and was planning on working out around midnight about 4 times a week. is that too late?

- any advice on a workout regiment?
i'm planning on doing cardio consisting of running a mile on the treadmill and the stationary bike for about 15 min. and then afterwards using the weight machines. i really don't know much though so advice regarding number of reps and sets would be great. and i've heard a lot about the HIIT method from some co-workers and i'm wondering if that's something i can do on the treadmill.

+rep guys. thanks.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote