Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-01-2010, 09:16 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like everyone is getting injured these days. I sprained my ankle 4 days ago.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:52 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
You should take some whey right after working out regardless of goals.
My routine is taking Whey (fast digestive) before the workout and Casein (slow digestive) after.

I've been doing this for only about a month and I like the results so far.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
My routine is taking Whey (fast digestive) before the workout and Casein (slow digestive) after.

I've been doing this for only about a month and I like the results so far.
everything I have read suggests you need something fast right after working out. Ideally taken with carbs in about a 3:1 ratio. I can probably link you some scientific studies if you wanted to read up on it.

I am thinking of hitting up Brighton Beach this weekend btw.....any restaurant rec? Nothing too fancy, don't want to blow more than like 60 including wine.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aobama52 View Post
TaylorMade Irons

But standing on the course with one in your hand you’re more likely to be thinking simply that it looks like a great iron rather than marvelling at the thousands of hours of R&D. No wonder TaylorMade golf clubs for sale themselves expect this to be their most played iron on Tour ishiner.
stop ruining a good thread
Old 06-02-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
everything I have read suggests you need something fast right after working out. Ideally taken with carbs in about a 3:1 ratio. I can probably link you some scientific studies if you wanted to read up on it.
Yes, if you don't mind, that would be great. I've been doing research on it. From what I've read, Casein is ideal to take right before bed. The issue with me is that, on weekdays, I can only workout after work (7pm-10pm).

Quote:
I am thinking of hitting up Brighton Beach this weekend btw.....any restaurant rec? Nothing too fancy, don't want to blow more than like 60 including wine.
My favorite restaurant on Brighton is Gina's (between Brighton 4 & 5). It's a relaxing, not expensive place with good variety and quality food.

Last edited by MaxV : 06-02-2010 at 10:04 AM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maxed 225 on bench yesterday :)
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is good BigJohn, what is your size?
Old 06-02-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6'1 162 lbs
Old 06-02-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
6'1 162 lbs
Thats pretty good. It's a lot easier for short guys like me to put up heavy weights.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhVSo6de6q0

thoughts on this guy claiming sqauts are the worst exercise for lower body? I think this sounds like BS
Old 06-02-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

I think it depends in how you do them. If you squat too low, you can really **** your knees up with all the pressure. That's why I struggled so much on squats.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yeah but w/ proper form you should be fine. Power is strength X speed and you will get a lot stronger through Squats
Old 06-03-2010, 04:30 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post

thoughts on this guy claiming sqauts are the worst exercise for lower body? I think this sounds like BS
I think people are more likely to wreck their back with deadlifts because of improper form.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
I think it depends in how you do them. If you squat too low, you can really **** your knees up with all the pressure. That's why I struggled so much on squats.
actually its if you are not going low enough, if you stop above 90 you are putting all the pressure on your knees instead of waist. If you stop at 90 you knees are the weakest at a 90 degree angle. If you go past that, then all the weight shifts to your waist. Also when coming up people sometimes shake their knees in and out.

Also most people don't know how to squat, they have their knees go over the toes more times then not. Also you knees should line up with you feet.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The half squat is actually more likely to do damage to the knees than the full squat. Hes just a guy trying to get some exposure and is a joke. If this guy has a degree he needs to return it. Be hard to find any good S/C coach not advocating squats in some form

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i broke my thumb now i cant do anything :(
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check this out.

I've been back in the gym. I usually go 6'1" 195. As of last week I was 196ish.

I eat an outstanding amount, but I always have.

The past few days I have been munching, hard, but nothing too extraordinary.

I'm 208 pounds! I was 202 as of yesterday morning. So even saying I'm less than 208, say 204, wtf!

Not really sure what's going on.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Check this out.

I've been back in the gym. I usually go 6'1" 195. As of last week I was 196ish.

I eat an outstanding amount, but I always have.

The past few days I have been munching, hard, but nothing too extraordinary.

I'm 208 pounds! I was 202 as of yesterday morning. So even saying I'm less than 208, say 204, wtf!

Not really sure what's going on.
I used to sway anywhere from 5-10 pounds every week depending on the amount of food/cardio i took part in that week. I'm kind of locked in between 185-190 now but I swayed alot moreso when I was first starting at the gym. 13 is a little extreme though, maybe you're scale is a little tweaked.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

that has to be a flucuation in water weight
Old 06-08-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Injured knee playing soccer AGAIN! ****!

Just call me Arjen Robben.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just tried one of the complexes that were being talked about pages ago. Did the Waterbury one. Ow..

Finished and said to myself I had hoped it worked my legs more. I was thinking that.. until I stood up and found my thighs cramping like none other.

I plan on just using complexes from now on. I plateaued using weights, and am really bored with cardio.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to get really frustrated trying to lose weight. I tried HIIT a couple weeks ago but I wasn't able to sprint more than 6 or 7 times (30 second intervals) so I started jogging about 2 miles every day, eating only healthy food about 1200-1600 calories a day and weight training every other day, I've been doing this for about 2 and a half weeks and I didn't see any change in the way I look so I weighed myself to see if I've made any progress and I haven't lost any weight in that time period. I know HIIT is more effective than jogging but I was still surprised I haven't made any progress, could HIIT really make that much of a difference?
Old 06-20-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post

I can see squats not being ideal for certain types of athletes, but they're very important for someone strength training.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 06-20-2010 at 08:11 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I'm starting to get really frustrated trying to lose weight. I tried HIIT a couple weeks ago but I wasn't able to sprint more than 6 or 7 times (30 second intervals) so I started jogging about 2 miles every day, eating only healthy food about 1200-1600 calories a day and weight training every other day, I've been doing this for about 2 and a half weeks and I didn't see any change in the way I look so I weighed myself to see if I've made any progress and I haven't lost any weight in that time period. I know HIIT is more effective than jogging but I was still surprised I haven't made any progress, could HIIT really make that much of a difference?

How much weight do you want to/have to lose?

And what are the thoughts on doubling up on a routine (once in morning, repeat it at night)
Old 06-20-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
How much weight do you want to/have to lose?

And what are the thoughts on doubling up on a routine (once in morning, repeat it at night)
I'm 5'9 and about 150 but it's a bad 150 (I used to be over 200). I just want to get in good shape but that damn last bit of weight won't go away. I'm thinking I could lose about 10-15 pounds of fat and was hoping I could do it before the fall semester starts. Also I'm definitely willing to double up the routine if I can get some results.