Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

View Poll Results: Who is the best RG in the AFCN?
Maurkice Pouncey 5 14.29%
Floyd Womack 1 2.86%
Bobbie Williams 7 20.00%
Marshal Yanda 22 62.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

14 for Yanda? I don't think there's that much disparity between this group so I'll take pork chop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yanda. I have been pretty vocal about him being better than Grubbs. He is an animal.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

3 votes for Pouncey, who might start at C instead of RG :)
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
so just because he has yet to play he shoudn't be on the list, lol, ur funny w24.
I'm just wondering how he can be the best when we've yet to see him play, but I guess sense he's an outstanding prospect that means he'll defininetly develop.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yanda for me. He's more consistent than Grubbs and more versatile.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate to say it but I went with Pouncey. We've seen many times over the past few years interior lineman making a big impact as a rookie. Pouncey clearly has the most ability. Yanda is solid all around but I think Pouncey will step in a be a really good player from day one.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Hate to say it but I went with Pouncey. We've seen many times over the past few years interior lineman making a big impact as a rookie. Pouncey clearly has the most ability. Yanda is solid all around but I think Pouncey will step in a be a really good player from day one.
I can't see how you vote for a guy who's never played a down in the NFL before, based on other rookie performances in the past.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd make more sense if everyone else was awful, but Marshal Yanda is a good lineman. I think Andrew Whitworth is superior, but it's not like Yanda is some mediocre guy being put in there for a lack of options just like with Heath Miller.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I can't see how you vote for a guy who's never played a down in the NFL before, based on other rookie performances in the past.
So a rookie can't be the best player in the division at his position? Pouncey is going to be a really good lineman and I think he is going to be the best RG in the division this year. All I'm saying is some positions are easier to have an impact as a rookie. Guard/Center has proven to be one in the same way it is difficult for WR's to have immediate success. Even if there's a WR who's a great talent player, we don't expect that player to be very productive as a rookie because we know it is difficult for WR's to make a quick transition based off the rookie performances of players in the past. If there's a guard or center who has the talent to be the best in the division, it is much easier for that player to make a quick transition to the NFL.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even elite prospects that flop as left and right tackles can usually make an immediate impact as a guard. pouncey is an elite interior lineman, they hit more than they miss when you consider all the high draft picks at guard and center. if you get taken in the first round, especially top 15 you are usually a pretty sure fire prospect as an interior lineman. certainly theres going to be exceptions, and not all end up as elite but most end up as above average. if i had to make a team here today of the best players at all positions in the AFC north i think id be able to roll the dice on a rookie at the RG spot. hell if hes gonna play next to joe thomas, ben grubbs, alex mack and (gaither?) he could even suck and be successful, but its not unheard of out of this world to maybe pick a guy that has elite potential over someone who may just be solid...just sayin.

yanda is gonna win anyway, but it might have been worth a discussion imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
even elite prospects that flop as left and right tackles can usually make an immediate impact as a guard. pouncey is an elite interior lineman, they hit more than they miss when you consider all the high draft picks at guard and center. if you get taken in the first round, especially top 15 you are usually a pretty sure fire prospect as an interior lineman. certainly theres going to be exceptions, and not all end up as elite but most end up as above average. if i had to make a team here today of the best players at all positions in the AFC north i think id be able to roll the dice on a rookie at the RG spot. hell if hes gonna play next to joe thomas, ben grubbs, alex mack and (gaither?) he could even suck and be successful, but its not unheard of out of this world to maybe pick a guy that has elite potential over someone who may just be solid...just sayin.

yanda is gonna win anyway, but it might have been worth a discussion imo
Yea ur saying he has potential but he has yet to prove that he can live up to that potential. Hell Gresham has the potential to be a Top 5 TE but i am not saying that he can contend with Heath Miller or Todd Heap or even Ben Watson at this point because he has yet to prove it on the field. Pouncey could end up being average at best. To compare a Rookie to a Veteran right now and vote to say he is better then a veteran that has proven that he can be a solid player as to a Rookie who just has potential now and has not shown anything is just a joke. Pouncey has the ability to be a Star RG or C but i am not going to take a Solid player over someone that has potential to be a Pro Bowl Player.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Yea ur saying he has potential but he has yet to prove that he can live up to that potential. Hell Gresham has the potential to be a Top 5 TE but i am not saying that he can contend with Heath Miller or Todd Heap or even Ben Watson at this point because he has yet to prove it on the field. Pouncey could end up being average at best. To compare a Rookie to a Veteran right now and vote to say he is better then a veteran that has proven that he can be a solid player as to a Rookie who just has potential now and has not shown anything is just a joke. Pouncey has the ability to be a Star RG or C but i am not going to take a Solid player over someone that has potential to be a Pro Bowl Player.
My thoughts put into words...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
im not saying your wrong but ive seen pouncey stone wall enough SEC linemen that im a believer....i mean its not THAT farfetched to think he might be a star enough to vote for him, i knew he wasnt gonna win but i showed him some love. yanda deserves to win, for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
im not saying your wrong but ive seen pouncey stone wall enough SEC linemen that im a believer....i mean its not THAT farfetched to think he might be a star enough to vote for him, i knew he wasnt gonna win but i showed him some love. yanda deserves to win, for now
There is a big difference bewteen College DL then NFL DL. NFL DL are bigger, faster, and Stronger. Tim Tebow destroyed SEC Defenses that does not mean he will come into the league and Tear up NFL Denfenses. Big Difference bewteen College no matter what postion you play.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 06-04-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whitworth should play RG or move over to LG and swap with whoever won that one. If were gonna try and get all the best players on the field, that is.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote