Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-08-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
Not that I watch iCarly or anything but isnt iCarly awesome!?
Doesnt Miranda Cosgrove make more than the other Disney kids? I read she makes about $500,000 an episode. I need to find a way to make that kind of money.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 06-08-2010 at 01:10 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In no order.

The Big Lebowski
Fight Club
Synechdoce, New York
American Beauty
Do the Right Thing

That was touch....can't believe there is no Kubrick on there. Might edit later
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:41 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Road wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It was decent but nothing I'm hankerin to watch again anytime soon. The Hurt Locker wasn't as great the second time around while Inglourious Basterds was and I really liked it the first time.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't do a top 5 movie list. It's way to hard, I would have to do it by genre.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Splice tonight, i enjoyed it very much... but sci-fi/horror movies are right up my ally. The basis of the story is not entirely original but it's still pretty twisted.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:45 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
your dislike of Love, Actually makes me want to punch this screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
It makes me want to punch every inch of him. That is a glorious film. It makes even the most jaded, pessimistic of us believe in love.
Holy **** guys, I'm pretty sure I said it was a solid movie. Granted, I did think it was closer to mediocracy than greatness and there are noticeable flaws in the film that are universally accepted by even it's biggest supporters, but I said it had it's moments and mentioned two excellent performances. Laura Linney is also exceptional and probably the only non-cliched character in the movie. I could even mention the great scenes between Emma Thompson's character and her cheating husband. But there are just too many characters going through the exact same thing, and I get it, and that is kinda the whole point of the film, but eventually enough is enough, and you get the overwhelming feeling that you just can't wait for the movie to end because it is predictable and repetitive. They could have told the same story with half the cast and cut out a good 30 minutes of the movie.

Anyway, I watched one of my personal favorites made by one of my personal favorites.

I just love this movie and it continues to grow on me with repeated viewings. It's now my second favorite movie of 1998. Simply a great cast all around (Ving Rhames and Don Cheadle are phenomenal in their roles and give two of their better performances of their careers), but what really makes the movie special is the performances and chemistry of George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez. Never really been a fan of either (starting to actually think Clooney is more than an average actor as he's been on a pretty impressive run over the last 10 years or so), but both are terrific. I love the opening scene and Clooney is simply perfect for this role since he has that calm, charismatic charm that can talk his way out of just about anything, and then manage to **** up and get caught later. I think this is one of those great films that continually get better with age. I put it in that Collateral and Unbreakable category where they don't really have a definitive genre and kind of go against the grain of everything and for that, get a bit overlooked, but are simply wonderful movies with great characters and performances and some incredibly memorable scenes. This is one of my favorite films of the 90s, and from the look of it, it seems like it could have been released this past year. One of Soderbergh's best's. Some really great writing as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 06-08-2010 at 04:48 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Are we done...cuz I'm freezing my ASS OFF!" Out Of Sight-definitely 1 of my favorites.

I always find I'm one of the few that likes Solaris.

Although I thought Tarkovsky's original was creepier and had a better ending.

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 06-08-2010 at 05:29 AM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:35 AM    (permalink
iamscott

Yeah I agree :)
Old 06-08-2010, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Doesnt Miranda Cosgrove make more than the other Disney kids? I read she makes about $500,000 an episode. I need to find a way to make that kind of money.
Start dating Miranda Cosgrove.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

out of sight is my favorite j-lo movie. she needed to be cryogenically frozen after that movie.

i am a solaris fan after having to watch and compare it to the original in a history of modern russia class.

5 random netflix movies that i've watched recently

conan the destroyer
air force one
braveheart
robin hood
ghost and the darkness

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
The Road wasn't as good as I thought it would be.
Agreed.

I would be more then fine never seeing it again.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 10 is..

1. City of God
2. Memento
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Taxi Driver
5. Oldboy
6. Night of the Living Dead
7. Goodfellas
8. Children of Men
9. The Deer Hunter
10. Cool Hand Luke

I think that sounds about right.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mine would probably look something like

1. Fight Club
2. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
4. High Fidelity
5. American Beauty
6. Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
7. The Departed
8. Trainspotting
9. Chasing Amy
10. Star Wars: A New Hope

Something like that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Usual Suspects
2. Good Will Hunting
3. Fight Club
4. City of God
5. The Departed
6. Pulp Fiction
7. Reservoir Dogs
8. American History X
9. Clerks
10. KKBB
Old 06-08-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 10:

Fight Club
Donnie Darko
American History X
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Truman Show
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Pulp Fiction
Memento
Kalifornia
(500) Days of Summer
Old 06-08-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Big Lebowski
Thank You For Smoking
The Silence of the Lambs
Jurassic Park (Especially after reading the book)
High Plains Drifter
Gran Torino
Caddyshack
Saving Private Ryan
The Original Universal Monster movies
The Monster Squad (if you disagree you probably have no soul)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There Will Be Blood
Raging Bull
Casino
GoodFellas
American History X
Pulp Fiction
Fight Club
In Bruges
Inglourious Basterds

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can already tell I will likely be the only one who doesnt put Fight Club in my top 10. IDK know if it would even make my top 20. Never understood the obsession with that movie.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-08-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Empire Strikes Back
The Truman Show
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Thing
Chasing Amy

After those five, it's too jumbled.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

me too bengals78. fight club is a cool movie but it is completely overrated by this age group that i'm in. also it seems like all the top ten movie lists in this thread are more or less the same.

i don't wanna make a top 10 list b/c there are probably about 50 movies that are amongst my top 10 favorite movies. shout out to the star wars trilogy and the "dollars trilogy" that clint eastwood/sergio leone did in the '60s though. and also to caddyshack, animal house, and ghostbusters.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In no particular order:

The Shawshank Redemption
Good Will Hunting
Pulp Fiction
Beetlejuice
Defending Your Life (such a good movie, check it out if you haven't seen it)

After those 5 it's hard to pick 5 more.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
me too bengals78. fight club is a cool movie but it is completely overrated by this age group that i'm in. also it seems like all the top ten movie lists in this thread are more or less the same.

i don't wanna make a top 10 list b/c there are probably about 50 movies that are amongst my top 10 favorite movies. shout out to the star wars trilogy and the "dollars trilogy" that clint eastwood/sergio leone did in the '60s though. and also to caddyshack, animal house, and ghostbusters.
They have a Eastwood movie box set for 150 bucks at BestBuy...I want it so bad.

Let me guess, 19-22ish? LOL

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-08-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Defending Your Life
Yep it's good.

I stumbled upon it one day and had no idea what it was about but it was just starting so I watched it and enjoyed it.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

favorite movies that i can watch endlessly

indiana jones and last crusade
empire strikes back
L.A. confidential
terminator 2
the rock
rocky IV
rambo first blood: part 2
demolition man
air force one
major payne

basically anything major with stallone, arnold, or harrison ford.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote