Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-09-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see the SEC adding a Sun Belt team within the next decade.

I'm talking about MTSU.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh... I'm definitley not the norm, but I am rooting for Michigan to stop sucking. It's boring and hurts the conference.

Drilling Michigan like last year where it was over when Cameron Heyward got that TD from Forcier in the 1st quarter is boring... need more games like we had when people were rooting for the National Title to be Ohio State-Michigan

Don't get me wrong... I'm loving the 6 straight OSU wins over Michigan and look forward to a 7th, but it's like beating up a child right now.

I have absolutely no problem with conference pride
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
I could see the SEC adding a Sun Belt team within the next decade.

I'm talking about MTSU.
What does MTSU do for the SEC?

The SEC is the best conference in football... why would it want one of these mid major teams? They can grab far better teams from the Big East and ACC that increase revenue, create more inroads for recruiting, and add to their competitive advantage.

I don't see how teams like MTSU, Southern Miss, or even West Virginia do any of those things when there are teams like Miami, Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, etc.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
I have absolutely no problem with conference pride
Me neither. You wouldn't root for UM in the national title game, though.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Very difficult proposition I guess...

If it was against an SEC team, I wouldn't hate it if Michigan won. I'll put it that way.

Any other conference, Michigan can suck it, but outside of the National Title, I root for Michigan in bowl season even in the Rose Bowl
Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...-in-apr-scores

Vandy killin' it. Ole Miss? Not so much. Auburn and Arkansas better watch it, too.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
gene chizik is gettin one this year. fact... :roll:
and then you woke up.

seriously though i hear SEC REALLY wants A&M.
XLIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
maybe it's a conference thing but i hate Auburn more than any team ever and i'd root for them in a NC game over any other team.

whatever makes the conference look good.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLIV View Post
maybe it's a conference thing but i hate Auburn more than any team ever and i'd root for them in a NC game over any other team.

whatever makes the conference look good.
Case, meet point. Have you guys been introduced?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
and then you woke up.

seriously though i hear SEC REALLY wants A&M.
If the SEC wants into Texas, why not just go after TCU? It's sitting there in Fort Worth as opposed to Killeen and it's doing really well while A&M has been mediocre.

And it shouldn't be too difficult to get some games into the new Dallas stadium and who knows, the SEC Title game could end up there since Jerry is an Arkansas guy
Old 06-09-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
If the SEC wants into Texas, why not just go after TCU? It's sitting there in Fort Worth as opposed to Killeen and it's doing really well while A&M has been mediocre.
TCU would struggle to break even in the SEC.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
TCU would struggle to break even in the SEC.
I don't doubt it, but would A&M do better? I doubt it. But Dallas/Fort Worth beats the hell out of Killeen.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

Quote:
Case, meet point. Have you guys been introduced?
maybe i missed it but you pulled for tOSU over LSU in '07?
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
maybe i missed it but you pulled for tOSU over LSU in '07?
Link please?
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not criticizing anyone, but I too cannot fathom the conference pride that fans of SEC teams. I just don't get the big deal. Sure, I would love to see the entire Big Ten playing well but it would kill me if other teams in the conference were winning national championships. If someone told me that they could make it where Ohio State and Michigan State never win a national championship again, however no other Big Ten team (aside from Michigan, I would never sacrifice a potential U-M championship) would ever win one either; I'd be all over that.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Not criticizing anyone, but I too cannot fathom the conference pride that fans of SEC teams. I just don't get the big deal. Sure, I would love to see the entire Big Ten playing well but it would kill me if other teams in the conference were winning national championships. If someone told me that they could make it where Ohio State and Michigan State never win a national championship again, however no other Big Ten team (aside from Michigan, I would never sacrifice a potential U-M championship) would ever win one either; I'd be all over that.
Michigan State will never win a national championship again.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
hahaha

Yea... I'm anything but typical in this rivalry. This is definitely more along the norm
Old 06-09-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Michigan State will never win a national championship again.
Poor Sparty... they have nice uni's at least
Old 06-09-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

Quote:
Link please?
why link when i'm asking you a question?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
why link when i'm asking you a question?
I didn't root for OSU. That was a horribly-worded question.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

Quote:
I didn't root for OSU. That was a horribly-worded question.
not really.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am not a "conference-prider" (?) the only way i would root for any of the teams in the NC that are part of the SEC is if they have 1 loss and its to auburn. (which is unlikely)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hardly trolling. I post in this thread more often than you do, so blow me.
Post count does not constitute the absence of trolling. I'm not in here starting **** with SEC fans. If you want, we could get a moderator in here to decide who is right or wrong.

Quote:
Yep, that's the only thing I ever do.
Prove me wrong, but looking at the rest of your post so far, you're not doing a very proactive job...

Quote:
Because it's ******* moronic. Do you see Michigan fans root for Ohio State? USC for UCLA? Texas for Oklahoma? No. You dumb ***** are the only ones that see nothing wrong with rooting for your rival.
And inevitably come the asterisks.

Again, we don't care. Besides, I wanted to see Texas clown Bama on the national stage. Just ask LizardState. After Bama won, I was so bitter I asked him if he fondled himself while watching it. Yeah, we're all holding hands here cheering for one another. My mistake, that's only what you want to perceive so you can run your trap about the SEC. But I will admit, it is bittersweet to see your rivals do well while they also bolster your conference's prestige.

Quote:
So basically, blow me, TH. It's not "your" thread just like UF, LSU, and 'Bama's NCs aren't "yours either. If I want to post in here, I will. Thanks. Go suck a ****. Better yet, read a ******* book and get educated...if you're capable, that is.
Ooooh, now you've broken out the stupid jokes. That's just like you, Sniper. A guy with little patience followed by a guy with a whole lot of hot air. It's cute that you think you're smarter than me, though. It really, really is.

It's the SEC Thread. I am an SEC fan. It's our thread. You're welcome to post here, as long as you don't troll, stop insulting people from the south, and pretty much stop acting like your usual self. As long as you do that, it's cool with me.

And this is the point where you prove that all these principle differences you see and take so much offense to is complete and total BS. You come in here and don't take little shots at individual teams. You come in here and take shots at the conference itself and the acts of the conference fans as a whole. When a fan of an individual team comes on to defend the conference - not his individual team, but the conference - by displaying it's dominance by displaying the accomplishments of the teams it's made up of, you turn all whiney and fly off the handle about how I can't do that because it's celebrating the rival teams and all that BS. You know it's not. If you don't, then I'm sorry if you can't wrap your head around that. It's simply not my problem.

I think you can though. It's just that you're frustrated as a fan of another conference. You're tired of seeing the SEC. You're tried of hearing about the SEC. You're so tired of having "SEC! SEC! SEC!", "SEC SPEED", etc. shoved down your throat. Yet, you don't have a comeback to shut down all the propoganda. So, in typical futile fashion, instead of attacking the argument, you attack the ones perpetuating the arguments. In this case, SEC fans. That's when you came at us with these accusations of us all slurping on one another as some sort of a reason to give you some ground to stand. That would probably have some ground if put forth in a mature way, but then you get so utterly worked up over it that you can't help but throw every stereotypical redneck/southern joke at the other side as well. So just spare us, ok?

If it makes you feel any better, we hate each other in private. Which only further proves that you're wrong on this issue. I wasn't lying that we know it ticks off Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10, ACC, etc. fans that we do this stuff. I only pulled those images on you guys because it's the SEC thread, ya'll are Big 10 fans, and those were championship wins by SEC teams over Big 10 teams. The only time that stuff goes on is when other conferences are involved. Sometimes, out of respect of one another a conference pride, we'll do the "Hey everyone! Come see how great we are," stuff. But that's not often. You hear the "SEC! SEC! SEC!" chants when? Usually at the end of a SEC team beating a team from another conference in a bowl game or OOC regular season game. You don't hear that chant by Vols fans after Bama just beat us at home in Knoxville. The Bama fans aren't even cheering that. They're screaming "Rammer Jammer" at the Vols fans leaving the stadium. The only time you'll hear every team's fans chanting "SEC!" together is during the SEC Championship game as a show of sportsmanship to the sucky teams like Kentucky and Vanderbilt. Some SEC fans root for whoever's representing the conference, like XLIV said. That's not the majority, and a lot of times that's a facade put on by fans just trying to be good sports. It's obvious you've never sat in a sports bar and have watched a Bama get up and cheer when Auburn gets scored on, so again, spare us.

I also find it disturbing that you've asked me to blow you twice, and then told me to go down on another guy (I assume it's another guy, unless you want me all to yourself cutie). I only asked you to kiss my ass once. I think a *** joke is warranted to counteract the heterosexual discrepancy between us, but I'll abstain.

I am too damn long winded, lol. Probably some typos in that mess that I've missed, but if you catch one, feel free to display your massive northern intellect and bring it to my attention. You won't insult my meager southern education by doing so. :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

war eagle.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

SEC has talked to A&M http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ons/index.html

RIP, Sean Taylor.